Coach Transfers

Domestic league and cup football
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

And Tottenham finally found their new coach after a lengthy wait. Nuno Espirito Santo, 47, former coach of Wolverhampton, Valencia, Porto signed for Spurs.
seso

Post by seso »

Let's see if Wolves will sign fewer Portuguese players now and if Tottenham will sign more!
EarlofBug

Post by EarlofBug »

seso wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 06:34 Let's see if Wolves will sign fewer Portuguese players now and if Tottenham will sign more!
I'm sure he'll want to bring a few portuguese players.
seso

Post by seso »

EarlofBug wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 07:56
seso wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 06:34 Let's see if Wolves will sign fewer Portuguese players now and if Tottenham will sign more!
I'm sure he'll want to bring a few portuguese players.
I read that the new manager at Wolves, Bruno Lage, is also Portuguese, so no change in Wolves I would think.
Lyonnais

Post by Lyonnais »

it depends if these coaches are linked with Jorge Mendes or not.

In France, Christophe Galtier, champion with Lille, signed for Nice.
Don't forget to post your predictions for the new season
viewtopic.php?p=563580#p563580
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

Lyonnais wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:46 it depends if these coaches are linked with Jorge Mendes or not.

In France, Christophe Galtier, champion with Lille, signed for Nice.
Nuno Espirito Santo was the first player signed by Jorge Mendes. They have a really deep connection, so you can bet Tottenham will keep signing JM players (they already did under Mourinho).
Wolves are a club part of Jorge Mendes carousel (like Valencia, Monaco and others), so they will keep the same (and they did book another Jorge Mendes coach). JM is almost their manager.
seso

Post by seso »

Thank you guys, very nice info!
HugoBenfica12

Post by HugoBenfica12 »

Jorge Mendes really destory the clubs like monaco,rio ave and wolves but valencia have lots of debts since from like 2005 and tottenham could be next if JM will bring portuguese players with more money and wages
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

Vitor Pereira is the new coach of Fenerbahçe.
Black Eagles 1903
seso

Post by seso »

Patrick Vieira is the new manager of Crystal Palace! He was born in Dakar, Senegal and he played for Cannes, AC Milan, Arsenal, Juventus, Inter Milan and Manchester City! Also 107 apps for the French national team! He has coached New York City FC, OGC Nice and now Crystal Palace. He is still just 45 years old!

I rate Crystal Palace as the ninth 'biggest' London football club after Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham Hotspur, West Ham United, QPR, Fulham, Charlton Athletic and Wimbledon!
Polak

Post by Polak »

Rafa Benitez the new coach of Everton. Liverpool fans not likely to be happy with that. He's likely to go from hero to zero for them.
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

Who's gonna be Lille's new coach?
Lyonnais

Post by Lyonnais »

rpo.castro wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:54 Who's gonna be Lille's new coach?
no idea. Patrick Vieira and Laurent Blanc have been named in media, but Vieira is taking Crystal Palace I think and it is said that Laurent Blanc refused the position.
Polak

Post by Polak »

rpo.castro wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:54 Who's gonna be Lille's new coach?
I find Christoph Galtier leaving very strange. He left the club that he won the French Ligue with to join a club who finished mid-table. Very weird. Apparently he said that he felt his time was up there. Did he get bored of Lille?
Lyonnais

Post by Lyonnais »

He didn't say publicly, but there are two possible reasons:
(i) the club was sold last winter to new investors and it is said that his relationship with the new owners / President is not at its best.
(ii) Lille furthermore are in a big trouble financially speaking, so maybe he made his opinion that Nice - who is owned by the President of INEOS - had a much brighter future than Lille.
Note that he was Lyon's first choice and he preferred Nice.

By the way, as per L'Equipe, Jocelyn Gourvennec should the new coach of Lille. He had a successful coach experience at Guingamp but failed afterwards at Bordeaux. He has become TV consultant for the last 2 years and this nomination - should it be confirmed - is surprising.