War in Ukraine

Anything football. NO POLITICS please.
bbi

Post by bbi »

Oh no. Stop the bullshit! Russia is showing to the whole world they don't want to be part of the civilized world. They want to protect the enviermount where dictators are breed and given ultimate power where nothing else matter than the will of such dictator ( I am sure all of it must be filled with hundreds of smaller "dictators" that where installed just because the loyal to their boss).
OK nobody will force Russia to join the civilized world (mainly because they do have nukes). but there is no place for them here. All economic ties should be cut with Russia right now. And that includes also those that are helping them directly like Belarus.
The biggest danger for these 2 is examples of other countries becoming more prosperous after communisms while they continue to sink lower and lower. That's why they could have a Ukraine that was heading towards EU.

If "western" world doesn't react know and separates completely from Russia, it is just a matter of time until they decide that the baltic states are not real states and must be brought back to Rusia. Than all of slavs must return back to mother slav Russia. Romanians just need to "return" to the same motherland, (what they tried to do in moldova and mystify the origin of moldovian is clear enough). Russia is just waiting to be powerfull enough to do this.

So yes Rusia and Belarus don't have anything to do to in europe. They need to be out. I don't even understand why they would complain considering they always blaming and mocking europe.
FORZA STEAUA! FORZA MILAN!
vkgz

Post by vkgz »

Is it possible to play the Champions League final in Saint Petersburg in the city of the country that started the war in Europe?
no

Should Russian clubs be excluded from UEFA competitions?
no..

No team can be embargoed. there is no example. matches played in neutral countries
Last edited by vkgz on Thu Feb 24, 2022 16:04, edited 1 time in total.
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

vkgz wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 15:52 Should Russian clubs be excluded from UEFA competitions?
no..

No team can be embargoed. there is no example.
Oh yes there is. Yugoslavia was not allowed to participate in WC 1994 qualifiers, after they've already been drawn into one of the qualifying groups.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994_FIFA ... ion_(UEFA)

Ban Russia ASAP!
Greyn

Post by Greyn »

del
Last edited by Greyn on Thu Feb 24, 2022 16:08, edited 1 time in total.
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

Forza AZ

Post by Forza AZ »

vkgz wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 15:52 No team can be embargoed. there is no example.
Also the clubs from Yugoslavia were banned from 1992-1995 because of the Balkan war.

So it could be possible to ban the Russian club teams now also. I'm not in favour of that however. But banning events in Russia (CL final for example) and maybe banning the national team would be an option.
vkgz

Post by vkgz »

Forza AZ wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 16:09
vkgz wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 15:52 No team can be embargoed. there is no example.
Also the clubs from Yugoslavia were banned from 1992-1995 because of the Balkan war.

So it could be possible to ban the Russian club teams now also.
I think it's silly. i feel sorry for shaktar, kiev, zenit.
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

I agree with nogomet.

Russia needs to become an internationl pariah like North Korea, and sports is part of it.

Expell the Russian NT and all the Russian clubs from UEFA/FIFA competitions.
mspm89

Post by mspm89 »

But why? Why do you assume there is a "good" side in all of this? I have no reason to love Putin's regime, what with the help they gave my country's overlord, but why should UEFA take a side to the point of banning clubs and a NT from a WC qualifier (the football players aren't conscripted AFAIK)? Because the media tells you one side is good and one is evil? The USA/NATO aligned side is a force for the good of mankind? What a farce.
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

mspm89 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 16:40 But why? Why do you assume there is a "good" side in all of this? I have no reason to love Putin's regime, what with the help they gave my country's overlord, but why should UEFA take a side to the point of banning clubs and a NT from a WC qualifier (the football players aren't conscripted AFAIK)? Because the media tells you one side is good and one is evil? The USA/NATO aligned side is a force for the good of mankind? What a farce.
Ukraine has the right to decide who governs them, what alliances they join, who they deal with.

Russia has no right to have a say on what their neighbours do.

Did you see NATO tanks invading Ukraine?

The side in the wrong is the one invading a foreign country right now. This side is Russia.
bbi

Post by bbi »

Yes there are a couple of "smart" individuals on this thread that are not brainwashed and getter information from both sides the prove my idea that Putin is not the only problem. If you replace him some body else will take his place.

while it's true not every Russian is at fault as an individual. Russia is and also a good part of Russians are in agreement to some degree with these actions.

I don't know if UEFA would directly follow this. But EU/NATO states should ban any cooperation with Russian entities and football clubs should not be allowed to play vs any club from Rusia. Simple as that. UEFA if it's located in Switzerland doesn't need to follow this. But UEFA should be banned from EU/NATO if it doesn't do that. as simple as that.

BTW this thread should be moved to general discussion it won't have anything to do with coefficients and rankings.
FORZA STEAUA! FORZA MILAN!
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

bbi wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 17:02 Yes there are a couple of "smart" individuals on this thread that are not brainwashed and getter information from both sides the prove my idea that Putin is not the only problem. If you replace him some body else will take his place.

while it's true not every Russian is at fault as an individual. Russia is and also a good part of Russians are in agreement to some degree with these actions.

I don't know if UEFA would directly follow this. But EU/NATO states should ban any cooperation with Russian entities and football clubs should not be allowed to play vs any club from Rusia. Simple as that. UEFA if it's located in Switzerland doesn't need to follow this. But UEFA should be banned from EU/NATO if it doesn't do that. as simple as that.

BTW this thread should be moved to general discussion it won't have anything to do with coefficients and rankings.
As if banning football clubs, removing sponsorships and not hosting events at Russia is anyway comparable with what Russia is doin right now. But hey, probably some guys smarter then everybody else will find that kicking out Zenit is worse then bombing hospitals!
vkgz

Post by vkgz »

Forza AZ wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 16:09

So it could be possible to ban the Russian club teams now also. I'm not in favour of that however. But banning events in Russia (CL final for example) and maybe banning the national team would be an option.
In recent history. politics should not affect sport
Last edited by vkgz on Thu Feb 24, 2022 17:42, edited 1 time in total.
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

rpo.castro wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 17:11
bbi wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 17:02 Yes there are a couple of "smart" individuals on this thread that are not brainwashed and getter information from both sides the prove my idea that Putin is not the only problem. If you replace him some body else will take his place.

As if banning football clubs, removing sponsorships and not hosting events at Russia is anyway comparable with what Russia is doin right now. But hey, probably some guys smarter then everybody else will find that kicking out Zenit is worse then bombing hospitals!
Actually, sports are a big thing for the international image of a country. The goal here should be to make Russia a big North Korea : cut off from every international community.
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

Firnen wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 17:21
rpo.castro wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 17:11

Actually, sports are a big thing for the international image of a country. The goal here should be to make Russia a big North Korea : cut off from every international community.
You are 100% right and thats why people are asking that, because it has some impact, but can't be compared with acts of War.