War in Ukraine

Anything football. NO POLITICS please.
Richie

Post by Richie »

rpo.castro wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 17:11As if banning football clubs, removing sponsorships and not hosting events at Russia is anyway comparable with what Russia is doin right now. But hey, probably some guys smarter then everybody else will find that kicking out Zenit is worse then bombing hospitals!
Its something. Its happened to Yugoslavia and South Africa before for less. The idea that football carries on as if nothing has happened is ridiculous.

There is no 'two sides of the story' argument here, there is a very evil man that has started a war.
Juliusz

Post by Juliusz »

Unofficial (most probably shared to the journalists by UEFA ExCo member Zbigniew Boniek): CL 2022 final moved to Paris.

Edit: official. It's Saint-Denis to be precise.

And as I wrote in another thread, teams from Ukraine and Russia will be forced to play on neutral venue. They're not kicked out from the competitions.

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/mediase ... mmittee-m/
krdel

Post by krdel »

Totally expected.

UEFA again succumbed to political pressure and proved to be a servant of western interests.
UEFA - We care about money. Pravda za Kolubaru!
anty1975

Post by anty1975 »

Vidibreovo wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 21:33 Cuba also have that right... Oh wait!

For others:
Yugoslavia was under sancions of United Nations and thats why Nt was sent home from Euro and clubs didnt have right to play in Uefa competitions. Now in last years i didnt see that UN arrange sancions, only some countries, and they say that some companies can not work in third countries!? Is that democratic!? Does those third counties have right to decide!?
Also many of you said that *kosovo have right to play, why then donetsk and lugansk have not!?

I am disapointed that this heppend with two wonderfull nations and beautifull countries, and hope will be finish as soon as possible.

To bbi: ask people in Irak, Syria, Libia and Afganistan how butifull civil sociaty some democrat countries bring to them.
Are you serious comparing Cuba and Ukraine, Kosovo and LuganDon, NATO and Putin's Russia??? :confused: As I understand you are from Serbia, you may have grievances about Kosovo and some are probably justified. But the main thing here, NATO stopped the war in former Jugoslavia, saved hundreds of thousands of lives. Putin on the opposite started the war, killing innocent people left , right and centre for his manic idea to resurrect Soviet Union.
Look at it this way, how many people died in Srebrenica alone ( more than 8000) and how many died during NATO operations in Jugoslavia -- a few dozens. NATO did a very good job in former Jugoslavia, may be the best NATO operation in history.
Last edited by anty1975 on Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:16, edited 1 time in total.
anty1975

Post by anty1975 »

Also, there were major ethnic tensions in former Jugoslavia. There are NO ETHNIC TENSIONS in Ukraine,the tragedy here that its often Russians killing Russians :cry: :cry: :cry:
krdel

Post by krdel »

Ethnic tensions were just an excuse for the western capital, US and EU Intelligence agencies and NATO interests. They were bombarding our cities and killing a few thousand innocent civilians.

And yes, there are "ethnic tensions" in Doneck and Lugansk.
anty1975

Post by anty1975 »

krdel wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:11 Ethnic tensions were just an excuse for the western capital, US and EU Intelligence agencies and NATO interests. They were bombarding our cities and killing a few thousand innocent civilians.

And yes, there are "ethnic tensions" in Doneck and Lugansk.
You are telling lies
THEPOSH

Post by THEPOSH »

krdel wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:11 Ethnic tensions were just an excuse
Enlighten me. What was the real intent?
krdel

Post by krdel »

To create some obedient puppet states (the same as 1941 actually).
THEPOSH

Post by THEPOSH »

krdel wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:20 To create some obedient puppet states (the same as 1941 actually).
So they must have failed then.
krdel

Post by krdel »

No, actually they succeeded very well. the most "countries" here are unfunctional and EU, US and foreign corporations can do whatever they want.
THEPOSH

Post by THEPOSH »

krdel wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:22 No, actually they succeeded very well.
Oh how we miss the good old Tito days huh? :wink_anim:
krdel

Post by krdel »

No, i really dislike Tito and communism and all that. I am just analysing things.

Tito and his folks actually helped a lot, creating "SRs" instead of Banovinas.
anty1975

Post by anty1975 »

They are taking Kyiv, my heart bleeds :cry:
THEPOSH

Post by THEPOSH »

anty1975 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:29 They are taking Kyiv, my heart bleeds :cry:
We will never forget it.