New Champions League at 2024 and on

including formats, draws, seedings, etc.
eye

Post by eye »

bert.kassies wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 20:00
eye wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 00:39 I didn't probably understand correctly what you mean. Could you give me an example to understand it? Real Madrid is CLW and also Spain's CH and Roma is ECLW and Italy's N5 this season. How will the rebalancing work at these cases?
The rebalancing in this case is the same as it always has been. Since Real and Roma both qualified for the group stage by domestic league as well as title holder, the empty spots in the group stage are just filled by clubs that would otherwise have entered the qualifying phase.

But suppose that Roma was not ECL-TH but EL-TH than they would start in the CL group stage. That would have created an empty spot in the EL group stage, and because there is now only one Italian club in the EL group stage (Lazio), the ECL club Fiorentina would have been promoted to EL-GS, and an additional Italian club (Atalanta) would have been allowed to enter ECL-PO. At least, that is my understanding of a discussions about a change in rebalancing from 2024 onwards. The aim would be to preserve the quality of EL and ECL.
This is even worse then. Let's say Manchester United wins EL and Villarreal wins ECL and both win domestic cups and don't finish at top 4 of league so they are using the CW spot. None of CW spots will be used since Manchester United will be at CL as EL winner and Villarreal will use the ECL winner spot at EL. England will be awarded one more club but Spain no. We will have different outcome for same situation
HugoBenfica12

Post by HugoBenfica12 »

eye wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 23:02
bert.kassies wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 20:00
eye wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 00:39 I didn't probably understand correctly what you mean. Could you give me an example to understand it? Real Madrid is CLW and also Spain's CH and Roma is ECLW and Italy's N5 this season. How will the rebalancing work at these cases?
The rebalancing in this case is the same as it always has been. Since Real and Roma both qualified for the group stage by domestic league as well as title holder, the empty spots in the group stage are just filled by clubs that would otherwise have entered the qualifying phase.

But suppose that Roma was not ECL-TH but EL-TH than they would start in the CL group stage. That would have created an empty spot in the EL group stage, and because there is now only one Italian club in the EL group stage (Lazio), the ECL club Fiorentina would have been promoted to EL-GS, and an additional Italian club (Atalanta) would have been allowed to enter ECL-PO. At least, that is my understanding of a discussions about a change in rebalancing from 2024 onwards. The aim would be to preserve the quality of EL and ECL.
This is even worse then. Let's say Manchester United wins EL and Villarreal wins ECL and both win domestic cups and don't finish at top 4 of league so they are using the CW spot. None of CW spots will be used since Manchester United will be at CL as EL winner and Villarreal will use the ECL winner spot at EL. England will be awarded one more club but Spain no. We will have different outcome for same situation
UEFA is probaly rolling in grave by become extint
SteffenM

Post by SteffenM »

bert.kassies wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 20:41
Korgutt wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 20:28 Is it possible to say when UEFA will confirm the access list for 2024/25?
As far as I know they are still working on details of all procedures around the new format, and I don't expect that they publish the 2024/25 access list before all these details have been settled. I don't expect it any time soon.
One aspect, which haven't been mentioned yet.
UEFA doesn't really make it simpler.

Getting more and more difficult to understand and explain,
And I guess also for you making this visually easy to understand. A bit more difficult for 2024-2027 for 3 competetions (with bad names), wild cards, weird draws (for instance EL Q4), weird jumping (Q3 Ch vs. Q3 Non-Ch), 10 year ranking vs 5. Year ranking, 1 year ranking, club coefficient vs country, etc

Then years back :wink:
Does UEFA want to make people confused? :upset:
krdel

Post by krdel »

UEFA wants their superleague, but they also want to make it look like it is decided on the pitch.
UEFA - We care about money. Pravda za Kolubaru!
hertolo

Post by hertolo »

Yes,I thik there are many commercial reasonings behind the increasingly complex situation. If one were to plan it anew from the ground up, I‘m guessing they would arrive at a different system. But the machine is running and it is hard to take away something from anyone, so instead it gets piled on top. See also FIFA and the world cup. Also, an increasing complex but - according to their marketing - „fair“ system also gives a reasoning for having a big bureaucracy who can handle it all. The losers at the moment seem to be the clubs in the middle, who have to be at the moment very flexible as their international seasons is unplannable (which competition do you land in?) and they have to be very flexible (qualification opposition known one week in advance). The smaller clubs for whom the international season is the summer and who calculate with 2-4 games anyways, can manage this uncertainty well, while for the big top-5 countries and clubs, does it really matter where exactly you land - you get enough money for sure anyways. The deciding factors are different.

So, long story short, if you want change, this would need to come from the top clubs of the countries 6 to 15, and I frankly don‘t seem them having enough negotiating power anytime soon.
THEPOSH

Post by THEPOSH »

So next year it's battle for top 14 and not 15.
shikabalas

Post by shikabalas »

Can someone summarize what we know so far for the new format? I know the access list is not published, but by skimming through the topic I got the feeling we have at least some information from bert and dnina.
mitsaras

Post by mitsaras »

THEPOSH wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 15:39 So next year it's battle for top 14 and not 15.
NA15 is most important.. 2 teams in CHL and 5 in total (NA16 have 1 in CHL and 4 in total)
mitsaras

Post by mitsaras »

shikabalas wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 15:59 Can someone summarize what we know so far for the new format? I know the access list is not published, but by skimming through the topic I got the feeling we have at least some information from bert and dnina.
Check this:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... p=drivesdk

it's a newest version of Bert example:
https://kassiesa.net/uefa/AccessList2024.html
Tricolores

Post by Tricolores »

Are we sure that the amount of countries that have 5 teams in Europe isn't going to be increased?
Favorite local team: KSC Lokeren(-Temse)
Teymur

Post by Teymur »

Tricolores wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 15:16 Are we sure that the amount of countries that have 5 teams in Europe isn't going to be increased?
There will be no increase in the next cycle, but there will be an increase from the 2027-28 season.
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

Teymur wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 18:39
Tricolores wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 15:16 Are we sure that the amount of countries that have 5 teams in Europe isn't going to be increased?
There will be no increase in the next cycle, but there will be an increase from the 2027-28 season.
How do you know?
OlliWender

Post by OlliWender »

nogomet wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 18:42
Teymur wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 18:39
How do you know?
Is he referencing that 40 teams Champions League for 2027? blueprint we had here a year ago?
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

OlliWender wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 18:56 Is he referencing that 40 teams Champions League for 2027? blueprint we had here a year ago?
Is that official?
OlliWender

Post by OlliWender »

nogomet wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 19:09
OlliWender wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 18:56 Is he referencing that 40 teams Champions League for 2027? blueprint we had here a year ago?
Is that official?
I doubt that was official, but I'm certain there must've been talks for 2027 changes and beyond to appease the Super League clubs even more.