2022/2023 EL Group H: Crvena Zvezda - Monaco - Ferencváros - Trabzonspor

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
Sillu1991

Post by Sillu1991 »

So Monaco finshed 2nd place. Very bad and unstable team.
Jua Ferreira

Post by Jua Ferreira »

Congratulations to Ferencvaros. They won the group by beating Monaco away. Frankly, I didn't give them many chances before the group matches started and I was wrong.
I think Monaco will be crushed by the teams coming from the champions league. They don't even know what they're playing. It would not be wrong to say that they were protected by the referees in some matches in the group.
Trabzonspor, on the other hand, surprised not only me but all Turkish fans by winning 3 wins in this group. They actually have a chance to go through one or two rounds in ECL, but I will continue to never trust Trabzonspor(actually the reason is their coach Abdullah Avci).
Red Star is back in the league. They can become champion and add color to the champions league next year.

All the predictions I made about the group before the matches started and after the 2nd matchday turned out to be a fiasco. It was a difficult and complex group to predict.
matt

Post by matt »

matt wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 13:40 IMO:

Monaco
Trabzonspor
Crvena Zvezda
Ferencváros

Not really sure why i trust Trabzonspor here to be honest.
Well, Trabzonspor did quite a good job at home, though not enough to finish 2nd. It was Crvena Zvezda that flopped, with Ferencvaros incredibly winning the group.
International break hater
Dragonite

Post by Dragonite »

Congratulations Monaco! :clapping:

They won their home match against Crvena Zvezda and kept the second place.

And this wasn't an ordinary win, it was a 4-1 win, the biggest win in their EL history.

Now they'll play against Leverkusen in the EL playoffs. Perhaps they have good reasons to be optimistic. They have a good history against Leverkusen. And the last time that they progressed from a post group stage KO round it was also against a German opponent, Dortmund in the 2016/2017 CL quarters.

By the way, Benoit Badiashile was stupid to leave Monaco and join Chelsea. He thought that he was being "promoted" from an EL team to a CL team. But then the CL team signed too many players, could only add three to its CL squad, decided to add Enzo Fernández, Mudryk and João Félix, so Benoit Badiashile won't be playing anymore this season. :fingal:

Congratulations Trabzonspor for getting the third spot! :up:

Whenever they reached the EL KO stages in the past they were always immediately eliminated losing both home and away (2-6 vs PSV in 2011/2012, 0-4 vs Juventus in 2013/2014, and 0-5 vs Napoli in 2014/2015). Let's see if in the Conference League against Basel this time it will be any different.

Dragonite wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 19:54 Prediction:
1. Monaco
2. Crvena Zvezda
3. Trabzonspor
4. Ferencváros
I was only right about Trabzonspor third here. Ferencváros was much better than usual, Crvena Zvezda was much worse than usual.
Records and Statistics:
:arrow: Champions League (all 141 participants - 1992/1993 to 2019/2020)
:arrow: Europa League (all 215 participants - 2009/2010 to 2019/2020)
:arrow: UEFA Youth League (all 162 participants - 2013/2014 to 2019/2020)