UEFA Euro 2024- Qualifier

Euro 2024, World Cup 2026, etc.
jmf

Post by jmf »

Firnen wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 22:06 The meme chance-waster equalizes for Belgium.
The meme chance-waster who scored 363 goals and gave 107 assists with his clubs (696 matches) and 73 goals with the national team (107 matches).

A meme saw a coach make the crazy bet of imagining that a 37-year-old grandfather was going to make the difference. A player who has not managed 3 balls correctly and has been unable to create a single goal opportunity in over an hour.

Sorry mate, but this is too easy and so ad hominem attack.
mspm89

Post by mspm89 »

jmf wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 18:58 A meme saw a coach make the crazy bet of imagining that a 37-year-old grandfather was going to make the difference. A player who has not managed 3 balls correctly and has been unable to create a single goal opportunity in over an hour.
Is that Dzeko you're talking about?
jmf

Post by jmf »

mspm89 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 19:12
jmf wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 18:58 A meme saw a coach make the crazy bet of imagining that a 37-year-old grandfather was going to make the difference. A player who has not managed 3 balls correctly and has been unable to create a single goal opportunity in over an hour.
Is that Dzeko you're talking about?
Who else ? A brave boy who had a great career and who scored 4 goals and gave an assist in 872' in CL VS a "meme chance waster" who scored 3 times and gave an assist in 177'. Inzaghi is an idiot.
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

nogomet wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 16:17
Lorric wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 15:37 I don't know about that. I've praised Spain from the first day of the first Nations League for taking the tournament seriously. It matters to them. And would be a great response to that loss to Scotland.
Everyone takes it seriously, that's not even a question. I'm talking about what it means to each respective nation. For Spain it's just another trophy, the least important one they've won. For us it'd be the first trophy ever, and perhaps the only one we'll witness winning in our lifetimes. The fact that there will be only 5 thousand Spaniards and 25-30 thousand Croats at the stadium tonight is a reflection of that difference in yearning.

Again, the fact that for Spain this is "just another trophy" may be to their advantage.
I turned the tv on during extra-time. Normally I don't like (and respect) this competition, but I knew it should be a great thing for Croatia to finally win something for the trophy room. And when it went to PSO I thought exactly the same like you in your post earlier. Even though Spain usually suck in PSO's in bigger tournaments, and Croatia are very good in it. But in this case it was much easier for Spain mentally.
tourist24

Post by tourist24 »

Does anyone have a spreadsheet with group tables where you can input results of games?

Thanks

Edit: Nevermind. Found one (unfortunately it uses goal difference to sort tied teams but its good enough).

https://www.worldfootball.net/table_cal ... ifikation/
amenina

Post by amenina »

Matchday 4 fixtures (Monday)

Last edited by amenina on Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:53, edited 1 time in total.
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

BurningStorm wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 08:42 I turned the tv on during extra-time. Normally I don't like (and respect) this competition, but I knew it should be a great thing for Croatia to finally win something for the trophy room. And when it went to PSO I thought exactly the same like you in your post earlier. Even though Spain usually suck in PSO's in bigger tournaments, and Croatia are very good in it. But in this case it was much easier for Spain mentally.
Sometime within the first 10 minutes of extra time I got an overwhelming feeling that there's no chance we can win this, with or without the penalty shootout. There's a reason why only a small number of big nations keep winning these international trophies. For nations like Spain winning a final like this is just another trophy. They have won trophies before, and they will win them in the future. For us it may have been the last chance we have in decades. And that may very well be the difference between scoring and missing a penalty in the crucial moment.

This makes Greece's success in 2004 even more spectacular in my eyes.
Club-Mate

Post by Club-Mate »

very entertaining match in Brussels. Austria started raid-like into this match and created some good moments at beginning. After this the Belgians were dominating some time and you could see how dangerous they are especially at both side-lines with their excellent forwards. And then the new Austrian team not only held up but played their courageous game forward again including the deserved lead as a reward. This is the only way to get something away against a top nation. In 2nd half Belgium had strong moments and put Austria under pressure especially from their flanks, 2-3 times they were very close to a goal. Austria tried to counterattack and had a great opportunity from Posch. The precise shot from 6-7 m from the Bologna defender (he already scored 6 goals in Seria A this season as CB) was saved with a great reflex by Courtois. The last 10 mins Belgium tried to win this match but Austria could save this precious point over time.
It's amazing what Rangnick has made of this team. The fight the desire and the attitude have come back again. And the necessary luck it is a consequence of that. It's finally fun to follow our national team again!
Diouf

Post by Diouf »

For Denmark, Joakim Mæhle is injured, so Victor Kristiansen is promoted from the u21 side. I'm guessing either him or Stryger Larsen will start at left back/left wing back. Left winger Mohamed Daramy did not fly with the squad to Slovenia. The newspaper BT writes he was thrown off the side after a poor substitute performance against NI, where he apparently again failed to do what Hjulmand had asked him to do on the pitch. The Danish FA rejects this story. Daramy himself hasn't spoken yet.
Jackson Harrison

Post by Jackson Harrison »

tourist24 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 09:15 Does anyone have a spreadsheet with group tables where you can input results of games?

Thanks

Edit: Nevermind. Found one (unfortunately it uses goal difference to sort tied teams but its good enough).

https://www.worldfootball.net/table_cal ... ifikation/
I have made this: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AmY_LsBcMcaNiR-LOlf04-3Qq4fa

It shows the results of each group and current standings as well as projected play-off paths and final tournament pots. I will update it after each round of matches.

Hope it helps!
Jackson Harrison

Post by Jackson Harrison »

delete (I accidentally pressed quote not edit!)
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Not watching, but Ukraine have only been able to put 2 shots on target vs Malta, still 0-0...
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Decide to put it on and Ukraine immediately get a handball penalty. But Yarmolenko's strike is saved!
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

Armenia is in danger of wasting the win against Wales, they're currently 1-1 at home vs Latvia.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Ukraine have another penalty...