UEFA Euro 2024 Qualifiers

Euro 2024, World Cup 2026, etc.
wannabeontop

Post by wannabeontop »

LRansborg wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:44
Dniprovec wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 23:11 Pot 1 battle is still going on: Belgium, Spain, Hungary and England - one will drop.
Turkey goes up to pot 2, while Croatia is down to pot 3. At this rate Pot 3 is indeed looking stronger than Pot 2.
In terms of the pot 1 battle, does anyone want to share a view?
It currently sits with Belgium, Hungary and England (as well as Portugal, France & Germany, which I do agree look set).
But I consider it highly likely that at least one of them will drop points. That will open the path for Spain, who I still see as favorite to grab one of the slots.
I also expect Belgium to seal it with two home wins.
I still don't see Hungary winning all three of their remaining matches. Most likely pot1 will end up like this: Germany, France, Portugal, Belgium, Spain, England.

I'm saying this as a Hungary fan with the hope that the lads will prove me wrong.

(I don't think we'll bottle it tomorrow but against Montenegro in the last game. Not because we won't care but because it would be too good to be true.)
In Game of Thrones conquerors always say to the defeated side: "Bend the knee and you''ll live". As if they weren't alive right now.

I'm smarter than it shows. Just don't want to discourage anyone.
LRansborg

Post by LRansborg »

wannabeontop wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 13:54
LRansborg wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:44
Dniprovec wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 23:11 Pot 1 battle is still going on: Belgium, Spain, Hungary and England - one will drop.
Turkey goes up to pot 2, while Croatia is down to pot 3. At this rate Pot 3 is indeed looking stronger than Pot 2.
In terms of the pot 1 battle, does anyone want to share a view?
It currently sits with Belgium, Hungary and England (as well as Portugal, France & Germany, which I do agree look set).
But I consider it highly likely that at least one of them will drop points. That will open the path for Spain, who I still see as favorite to grab one of the slots.
I also expect Belgium to seal it with two home wins.
I still don't see Hungary winning all three of their remaining matches. Most likely pot1 will end up like this: Germany, France, Portugal, Belgium, Spain, England.

I'm saying this as a Hungary fan with the hope that the lads will prove me wrong.

(I don't think we'll bottle it tomorrow but against Montenegro in the last game. Not because we won't care but because it would be too good to be true.)
It would at least underpin how much of a Group of Death Hungary was in last time. Imagine all four teams from a single 2020 group making up 4/6 in pot 1 in 2024…
For comparison, group E from 2020 may end up sending only 1 team to the 2024 Euros
wannabeontop

Post by wannabeontop »

LRansborg wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 14:12 It would at least underpin how much of a Group of Death Hungary was in last time. Imagine all four teams from a single 2020 group making up 4/6 in pot 1 in 2024…
For comparison, group E from 2020 may end up sending only 1 team to the 2024 Euros
I didn't want to come with that because it is getting a bit old but you're right, an easier group is long time coming. Whenever we go to the Euros we face Portugal in our group. If both Hungary and Portugal end up in pot1 that cycle will surely break.
In Game of Thrones conquerors always say to the defeated side: "Bend the knee and you''ll live". As if they weren't alive right now.

I'm smarter than it shows. Just don't want to discourage anyone.
anty1975

Post by anty1975 »

LRansborg wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 14:12 It would at least underpin how much of a Group of Death Hungary was in last time. Imagine all four teams from a single 2020 group making up 4/6 in pot 1 in 2024…
But all 3 teams that qualified from this so called Group of Death lost in 1/8 :grin1:
air

Post by air »

Greyn wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 06:21
Firnen wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 21:14 Poland won its future in today's elections, but (...).
EDIT: I decided to not reply to this at the end due to "no politics rule" on this forum.

All I can say is that I disagree, it was a lose-lose situation for Poland yesterday.

Józef Piłsudski is spinning in his grave...
Wish you all the best brother on and off the pitch! 🇭🇺🇵🇱
amenina

Post by amenina »

Last night's results means Georgia are confirmed in the play-offs, as the top seed in Path C play-offs, having home advantage in the semi-finals.

Denmark, Finland and Luxembourg are also at least guaranteed a place in the play-offs (due to the qualification of Spain, Scotland and Turkey).
Last edited by amenina on Mon Oct 16, 2023 22:52, edited 1 time in total.
matt

Post by matt »

The Israel issue has to be solved in a way or another before the draw of December 2nd, because seeding is affected by standings of the qualifying groups.

If war is still going on in a month the easiest solution would be to play the home games in Cyprus.
Regarding Kosovo - Israel, it would be fair to play the game before the last rounds, it can be done in the mid-week between MD3 and MD4 of European cups.
International break hater
Sagy

Post by Sagy »

matt wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 19:27 The Israel issue has to be solved in a way or another before the draw of December 2nd, because seeding is affected by standings of the qualifying groups.

If war is still going on in a month the easiest solution would be to play the home games in Cyprus.
Regarding Kosovo - Israel, it would be fair to play the game before the last rounds, it can be done in the mid-week between MD3 and MD4 of European cups.
It would be great if this can be resolved before Dec 2nd. However, the draw is not the driving factor since we know that regardless of which teams qualify, the group winner will be in pot 2 and the runner up will be in pot 4. There might be a theoretical possibility for a different outcome, but in reality, come Dec 2nd that will be the only possibility left.
Jackson Harrison

Post by Jackson Harrison »

Sagy wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 19:37
matt wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 19:27 The Israel issue has to be solved in a way or another before the draw of December 2nd, because seeding is affected by standings of the qualifying groups.

It would be great if this can be resolved before Dec 2nd. However, the draw is not the driving factor since we know that regardless of which teams qualify, the group winner will be in pot 2 and the runner up will be in pot 4. There might be a theoretical possibility for a different outcome, but in reality, come Dec 2nd that will be the only possibility left.
What and do a "runner up of" and "winner of" placeholder for draw?
amenina

Post by amenina »

Full time: Azerbaijan 0-1 Austria
Austria qualified for Euro 2024.

Jackson Harrison

amenina wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 20:18 Full time: Azerbaijan 0-1 Austria
Austria qualified for Euro 2024.

Congratulations Austria 🇦🇹! :applause: :applause:
Jackson Harrison

Greece dominating the Dutch.
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Jackson Harrison wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 21:03 Greece dominating the Dutch.
Beg your pardon?
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Slovak tries to clear and drops a Luxembourg player with a boot to the face. Penalty!
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

VAR, no foul, no penalty apparently.