UEFA Executive administration matters

Anything football. NO POLITICS please.
Sagy

Post by Sagy »

Jackson Harrison wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 20:36
Sagy wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 20:34
Jackson Harrison wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 20:17
No, RFU isn't at war, the Russian Federation is.
Where did I say that RFU is at war?

I did say that the U17 is representing Russia. That is a factually correct statement.

Most people will agree that RFU is associated with the Russian federation. You might like it or not, but that is also factual.

Now, if you want to argue that this association is not enough to ban the U17 (or any other team) go ahead and make your case. However, you can’t claim that they don’t represent Russia. Feel free to argue why they don’t represent the Russian Federation. Even if you are successful, it will not change the fact that they represent Russia and that the Russian Federation will claim them as a representative.
They don't represent the Russian Federation.
Where did I say that they represent the Russian Federation?
Jackson Harrison

Post by Jackson Harrison »

Sagy wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 20:38
Sagy wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 20:34

Where did I say that RFU is at war?

I did say that the U17 is representing Russia. That is a factually correct statement.

Most people will agree that RFU is associated with the Russian federation. You might like it or not, but that is also factual.

Now, if you want to argue that this association is not enough to ban the U17 (or any other team) go ahead and make your case. However, you can’t claim that they don’t represent Russia. Feel free to argue why they don’t represent the Russian Federation. Even if you are successful, it will not change the fact that they represent Russia and that the Russian Federation will claim them as a representative.
You say you represent Russia?
Sagy

Post by Sagy »

Jackson Harrison wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 20:43

Yes, I said Russia, not Russian Federation.

BTW, you also said that they represent Russia (“The Football Union of Russia“)
Jackson Harrison

Sagy wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 20:55

Basically the same thing. It's like saying France instead of the French République (formal/informal)

I did, RFU isn't involved in the war that's my point.
Sagy

Post by Sagy »

Jackson Harrison wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 21:04
Sagy wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 20:55

Basically the same thing. It's like saying France instead of the French République (formal/informal)

I did, RFU isn't involved in the war that's my point.
I’ll repeat for you:

The U17 is representing Russia. That is a factually correct statement.

If you want to say that “Russia” = “Football Union of Russia” that is your right. If you want to say that “Russia” = “Russian Federation” that is your right as well. Don’t put words in my mouth.

Edited to add:
The UEFA statement also refer to “Russia” and “Russian” so if you have a problem with me saying that they represent Russia, contact UEFA and tell them to use a different name.
krdel

Post by krdel »

Jackson Harrison wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 20:31
MercedesBenz240 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 20:21
Jackson Harrison wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 18:05

Really? How he got you to Euro for 1st time in 2016.
It wasn't Duka who got us to Euro 2016 nor 2024. Are you being serious?
He oversaw the FA so yeah!
They came to Euro despite him. :grin1: Also it is not such an achievement any more since there are 24 teams...
UEFA - We care about money. Pravda za Kolubaru!
Jackson Harrison

krdel wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:39
MercedesBenz240 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 20:21

It wasn't Duka who got us to Euro 2016 nor 2024. Are you being serious?
They came to Euro despite him. :grin1: Also it is not such an achievement any more since there are 24 teams...
I'm not going to continue arguing. This is my last comment on this matter.
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

Jackson Harrison wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 13:05 I'm not going to continue arguing. This is my last comment on this matter.
If only this was true.
But its not (likt the previous).
MercedesBenz240

Post by MercedesBenz240 »

Jackson Harrison wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 13:05
krdel wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:39
I'm not going to continue arguing. This is my last comment on this matter.
Thank God, your arguments in the defense of Duka were truly indisputable.
Jackson Harrison

No UEFA competition match to be played in Israel until further notice.

EURO 2024 qualifying match Belgium vs Sweden

With regard to the European Qualifier match between Belgium and Sweden abandoned at half-time upon request and agreement of the two teams, following the terrorist attack that killed two Swedish supporters in Brussels on 16 October, the UEFA Executive Committee decided today that:

• The match is abandoned and the result at the half-time interval (1-1) is confirmed as final

• Each team is awarded one point with the Group F standings to be updated accordingly

• Any suspension is considered served and single yellow cards remain valid

To take the mentioned decision, the Executive Committee took note that it had proved impossible to play the remaining part of the match on the following day; both the Royal Belgian Football Association and the Swedish Football Association, given the circumstances, explicitly expressed their desire not to play the remaining match time and to consider the result at the half-time interval (1-1) as final; the result of this match does not impact the qualification of Group F since Belgium is already mathematically qualified to the UEFA EURO 2024 final tournament (together with Austria) and Sweden is mathematically eliminated; the respective fixtures do not allow any date to be used in the upcoming November international window, when the preliminary group stage of the competition must be concluded, to be followed by the play-off draw and final tournament draw.

UEFA competition matches in Israel

After a thorough evaluation of the current safety and security situation in the whole territory of Israel, the UEFA Executive Committee decided that no UEFA competition matches shall be played in Israel until further notice.

The Israel Football Association and its clubs Maccabi Haifa FC and Maccabi Tel-Aviv have been requested to propose alternative venues/stadiums (which must comply with all applicable UEFA regulations) outside the territory of Israel for their home matches to be used for as long as this decision remains in force.

Update on upcoming fixtures involving teams from Israel

UEFA has furthermore announced the following postponements:

UEFA Europa League

Villarreal CF vs Maccabi Haifa (Group F – Thursday 26 October) has been postponed to Wednesday 6 December 2023.

UEFA Europa Conference League

Maccabi Tel Aviv vs Zorya Luhansk (Group B – Thursday 26 October) has been postponed to Saturday 25 November 2023.

UEFA Youth League

Due to the current situation, Maccabi Haifa Youth team has withdrawn its participation from the domestic champions path of this season's UEFA Youth League. UEFA has taken note and confirmed that AC Sparta Praha Youth team is therefore qualified to the Round 2 of the domestic champions path.
amenina

Post by amenina »

@Jackson Harrison

UEFA Executive Committee agenda for Hamburg meeting

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/news/02 ... g-meeting/

The UEFA Executive Committee will hold its next meeting in Hamburg, Germany, on Saturday 2 December 2023 from 10:00 to 13:00 CET, prior to the UEFA EURO 2024 final draw, which will take place in Hamburg later the same day.

The main items on the agenda are:

• UEFA EURO 2024 final tournament – participation and performance bonus distribution

• 2024/25 UEFA Nations League – league phase draw and fixture list procedures

• UEFA women’s club football post-2025 – format, access list and calendar

• UEFA Women’s EURO 2025 – match schedule and tournament dates

• UEFA Futsal EURO 2026 – appointment of the host

• UEFA Women’s Futsal EURO – new format and calendar

Note to media:

UEFA will communicate the Executive Committee’s decisions in a media release after the meeting. Kindly note that media activities are not planned for this event.

The next UEFA Executive Committee meeting is scheduled for 7 February 2024 – the day before the 48th Ordinary UEFA Congress – in Paris, France.
Jackson Harrison

amenina wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 06:31 @Jackson Harrison

UEFA Executive Committee agenda for Hamburg meeting

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/news/02 ... g-meeting/

The UEFA Executive Committee will hold its next meeting in Hamburg, Germany, on Saturday 2 December 2023 from 10:00 to 13:00 CET, prior to the UEFA EURO 2024 final draw, which will take place in Hamburg later the same day.

The main items on the agenda are:

• UEFA EURO 2024 final tournament – participation and performance bonus distribution

• 2024/25 UEFA Nations League – league phase draw and fixture list procedures

• UEFA women’s club football post-2025 – format, access list and calendar

• UEFA Women’s EURO 2025 – match schedule and tournament dates

• UEFA Futsal EURO 2026 – appointment of the host

• UEFA Women’s Futsal EURO – new format and calendar

Note to media:

UEFA will communicate the Executive Committee’s decisions in a media release after the meeting. Kindly note that media activities are not planned for this event.

The next UEFA Executive Committee meeting is scheduled for 7 February 2024 – the day before the 48th Ordinary UEFA Congress – in Paris, France.
That's exciting!

New Women Futsal Format, Women Euro Match Schedule and new format of Women CC. Looks like they'll be a W EL!
Jackson Harrison

@amenina - any leaks about new formats?
amenina

Post by amenina »

Jackson Harrison wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 13:34 @amenina - any leaks about new formats?
I am not aware of any in the news.
amenina

Post by amenina »

@Jackson Harrison

UEFA EURO 2024 prize money distribution system confirmed

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/mediase ... confirmed/

New format for UEFA Women’s Champions League and creation of a second European women’s club competition approved

The UEFA Executive Committee today in Hamburg approved the distribution system of the prize money for teams participating in the final tournament of the 2024 UEFA European Football Championship to be played in Germany from 14 June to 14 July.

UEFA EURO 2024 prize money

The amount for distribution to the participating teams is confirmed at the same level as for UEFA EURO 2020, i.e. a total of €331 million. The distribution key will also be maintained as follows:

• Participating fee: €9.25m

• Match bonus: €1.0m for a win and €500,000 for a draw

• Qualification to the round of 16: €1.5m

• Qualification to the quarter-finals: €2.5m

• Qualification to the semi-finals: €4m

• The runners-up will receive an additional payment of €5m

• The 2024 European champions will receive an extra payment of €8m

The maximum amount that the champion team may achieve, if they will have won all three of their group matches, is €28.25m.

UEFA women’s club competitions

The UEFA Executive Committee approved a new format for the UEFA Women’s Champions League, consisting of an 18-team league phase with three home and three away matches followed by knock-out rounds, and the creation of a second European competition for women’s clubs, with the changes becoming effective as of the 2025/26 season. Full details on the competitions’ format, access list and calendar will be announced in a separate communication on 4 December.

UEFA Women’s EURO 2025

The match schedule and tournament dates were approved, with eight venues across Switzerland (Basel, Bern, Geneva, Luzern, Sion, St. Gallen, Thun and Zurich), hosting matches from 2 to 27 July 2025. The opening match and the final will be played at St. Jakob-Park in Basel.

UEFA Women’s Futsal EURO

Following the launch of the inaugural FIFA Futsal Women’s World Cup in 2025, it was decided to cancel the 2024-25 edition of the UEFA European Women’s Futsal Championship and implement a 4-year cycle instead, with the next final tournament in 2027.

The number of teams participating to the final tournament will furthermore be increased from four to eight.

UEFA Nations League 2024/25

The draw and fixture list procedure for the 2024/25 UEFA Nations League were approved, with the draw to take place at Maison de la Mutualité in Paris on 8 February 2024.

UEFA Futsal EURO 2026

Latvia and Lithuania were appointed as hosts of the final tournament of the 2026 UEFA Futsal EURO with matches to take place in Riga and Kaunas.

Next meeting

The next meeting of the UEFA Executive Committee will take place on the eve of the 48th Ordinary UEFA Congress in Paris on 7 February 2024.