Greek Football Season 2023/24

Domestic league and cup football
emortal

Post by emortal »

Firnen wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 23:59 - AEK and Panathinaikos draw in the derby of the weekend, which allows PAOK to return on top. AEK enjoyed another helpful refereeing performance, which refused a Panathinaikos penalty while the score was 1-1, allowed their ultra-physical game to go unpunished (no wonder they break records of penalties commited in Europe since they're used that anything flies in Greece), and overall assisted the mediocre champions to salvage a point with a penalty in added time. Panathinaikos had taken the lead twice from two set pieces with their CBs as scorers, but in the end didn't find their first derby win.
- Olympiacos was involved in another clown fiesta of a match, since their daily statements (bordering threats) on the Federation are a declaration of war and the Federation (and its sponsor) answers in kind: referee Manouchos (who tried to award AEK a match last year by claiming Atromitos' stadium goalposts were short) and VAR Papadopoulos took bottom Kifisia by the hand and fought tooth and nail to give them a point. First with 2 strict yellows to Olympiacos CB Retsos (of the kind the Federation's favourite team never gets), then by not doing a VAR check in Kifisia's first goal, then again not doing an on-screen VAR check in an Olympiacos 1-3 goal but cancelling it for a handball, and after Kifisia's equaliser cancelling another Olympiacos goal by putting the VAR lines to the wrong defenders - 2 Kifisia defenders are...offside from where they put the lines. The captain of the red-and-whites said that after this instance owner Marinakis asked them to leave, but the players convinced him to continue and scored the winning goal that could not be cancelled in the 85th minute. Olympiacos sued the referees and declared they will sue every referee from now on until the government sacks the Federation.
Keep whining.

Like music to my ears ♪♪♪♪
shikabalas

Post by shikabalas »

I have to admit I check this topic every Monday just to taste Firnen's tears. It is my guilty pleasure. :grin1:
I mean, an Olympiacos fan constantly complaining about refereeing decisions and about mafias and criminal organisations? This is top notch comedy.

Used to have the same fun following his twitter account, unfortunately he blocked me after the Olympiacos-Panathinaikos game when I replied to his tweet about "blood of our enemies needs to be spilled on the pitch in order for this mafia to be taken out"
emortal

Post by emortal »

shikabalas wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 14:25 Used to have the same fun following his twitter account, unfortunately he blocked me after the Olympiacos-Panathinaikos game when I replied to his tweet about "blood of our enemies needs to be spilled on the pitch in order for this mafia to be taken out"
He really wrote that in a tweet?

If he's resident in GR (I had the impression he lives in CY) the police may want to have a word after what has happened since then ...
TommyChat

Post by TommyChat »

seso wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:22 Asteras Tripolis and Aris keep improving!
Atromitos is 10 games undefeated after starting with 3 draws and 5 defeats.
emortal

Post by emortal »

TommyChat wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 18:06
So, one of those streaks will break this Sunday.

It's the Asteras vs. Atromitos game in the fight for entry into the championship play-offs.

Edit: my bad, this game is for MD20 on the 27th of Jan.
This Sunday Asteras is playing @ Panathinaikos, while Atromitos is hosting AEK.
seso

Post by seso »

TommyChat wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 18:06
Aris: From positions 9-12 in the first MDs to position 5 now.
Asteras Tripolis: From positions 9-13 in the first MDs to position 6 now.
Atromitos: From positions 8-14 in the first MDs to position 7 now (they were at position 10 up to MD 13).

Atromitos vs AEK, Panathinaikos vs Asteras Tripolis and Aris vs Olympiakos on Sunday!

Lamia FC is lurking in the shadows (Lamia vs Kifisia on Saturday) :grin1:
emortal

Post by emortal »

seso wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 20:05 Atromitos vs AEK, Panathinaikos vs Asteras Tripolis and Aris vs Olympiakos on Sunday!

I wouldn't count out Panserraikos either!

They are 8 points behind 6th placed Asteras and have 6 (out of 8 remaining!) games at home.
Including hosting Asteras on the last MD.

Not to mention they brought a certain di-bi-dai back into the league!
TommyChat

Post by TommyChat »

emortal wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 20:30
seso wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 20:05 Atromitos vs AEK, Panathinaikos vs Asteras Tripolis and Aris vs Olympiakos on Sunday!

I wouldn't count out Panserraikos either!

They are 8 points behind 6th placed Asteras and have 6 (out of 8 remaining!) games at home.
Including hosting Asteras on the last MD.

Not to mention they brought a certain di-bi-dai back into the league!
And they play away on Saturday as well so they'll have 6 out of the last 7 games at home!
TommyChat

Post by TommyChat »

I guess the Mafia's new plan is Aris to win the cup to kick 4th placed Olympiacos out of Europe :degsmile:

PS: If the referees wanted AEK to advance they could easily award a penalty for Rose's handball.
emortal

Post by emortal »

Greek Cup Overview

Last 16
  • Olympiakos 6:7 Panathinaikos (1:1)
  • OAris 5:3 AEK (0:0)
  • Kifisia 1:1 OFI (1:3)
  • Kallithea 2:2 Panetolikos (2:3)
  • Atromitos 4:0 Larisa (1:1)
  • Panserraikos 1:1 Asteras Tripolis (2:0)
  • Volos NPS 0:2 PAOK (0:1)
  • Niki Volou vs Levadiakos (1:1)
Quarterfinals
  1. Panserraikos 0:4 PAOK (2nd leg pending)
  2. Panathinaikos vs Atromitos
  3. OFI vs Panetolikos
  4. OAris vs Levadiakos/Niki Volou
Semifinals
  • Winner 1 vs Winner 2
  • Winner 3 vs Winner 4
og2002gr

Post by og2002gr »

double post
Last edited by og2002gr on Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:17, edited 1 time in total.
fewer spots :arrow: weaker leagues :arrow: fewer spots :arrow: weaker leagues :arrow: fewer spots :arrow: weaker leagues

http://kassiesa.net/uefa/forum2/viewtop ... 52#p359852
og2002gr

Post by og2002gr »

Olympiacos versus Panathinaikos in the last 3 years:

11 games
3+1 defeats
1 Cup elimination
1 win against a team with 18 members having COVID.

Due to many injuries, Panathinaikos ended yesterday's game with 3 CBs (Schenkeveld, Jedvaj, Akaydin) + 3 Defensive Midfielders (Arao, Ruben, Zeca) + 2 RBs (Kotsiras, Vagiannidis).

shikabalas wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 14:25 I have to admit I check this topic every Monday just to taste Firnen's tears. It is my guilty pleasure. :grin1:
I mean, an Olympiacos fan constantly complaining about refereeing decisions and about mafias and criminal organisations? This is top notch comedy.

Used to have the same fun following his twitter account, unfortunately he blocked me after the Olympiacos-Panathinaikos game when I replied to his tweet about "blood of our enemies needs to be spilled on the pitch in order for this mafia to be taken out"
At least Firnen is always here, criticizing his team when he doesn't like what he sees and trying to be fair.
I usually disagree with his comments and his hatred against Panathinaikos, but at least he is polite in interactions, avoiding cheap insults.
There are much worse sick members here.

Concerning refereeing, when you get used to 80-20 season after season, playing 50-50 looks like everyone is against you.
fewer spots :arrow: weaker leagues :arrow: fewer spots :arrow: weaker leagues :arrow: fewer spots :arrow: weaker leagues

http://kassiesa.net/uefa/forum2/viewtop ... 52#p359852
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

MD 19

Lamia - Kifisia 4-1
PAS Giannina - Panserraikos 0-2
OFI - Panaitolikos - Aris 1-0
Volos - PAOK 1-5
Atromitos - AEK 0-5
Panathinaikos - Asteras Tripolis 2-0
Aris - Olympiacos 1-2

Standings:

PAOK................14-2-3......44
Panathinaikos.....14-2-3......44
AEK..................12-6-1.....42
Olympiacos........12-3-4.....38 (-1 point)
Aris..................9-3-7......30
Asteras Tripolis....8-2-9.....26
-----------------------------------------
Lamia...............6-6-7......24
Atromitos..........5-8-6......23
Panserraikos.......5-6-8.....21
OFI..................4-8-7......20
Panaitolikos........3-5-11....14
Volos................3-5-11....14
PAS Giannina.......2-6-11....12
Kifisia...............2-6-11....12

- No changes in either top or bottom of the league this weekend or anything interesting whatsoever, easy wins for the top 4 and easy defeats for the bottom 4.

Greek Cup Round of 16

OFI - Kifisia 3-1, 1-1
PAOK - Volos 1-0, 2-0
Asteras Tripolis - Panserraikos 0-2, 1-1
Levadiakos(2) - Niki Volos (2) 1-1, 0-1
Panaitolikos - Kallithea (2) 3-2, 2-2
Larisa (2) - Atromitos 1-1, 0-4
AEK - Aris 0-0, 1-1 (2-4 pen.)
Panathinaikos - Olympiacos 1-1, 0-0 (7-6 pen.)

Greek Cup QF

Aris vs Niki Volos (2)
OFI vs Panaitolikos
Panathinaikos vs Atromitos
Panserraikos vs PAOK 0-4

Greek Cup SF

Panserraikos/PAOK vs Panathinaikos/Atromitos
OFI/Panaitolikos vs Aris/Niki Volos (2)

In the two big ties, Panathinaikos prevailed on penalies in two really poor derbies between the eternal enemies, while AEK suffered a shock elimination to Aris, also on penalties. The winner of the likely PAOK vs Panathinaikos SF is the favourite to win the Cup but Aris and even OFI are also hoping for a historic trophy the way the bracket formed.
seso

Post by seso »

Can the B teams of Pana, Oly, AEK and PAOK in Super League 2 be relegated? Or is it in the rules that they cannot be promoted AND relegated? They are all in play-out positions at the moment.
TommyChat

Post by TommyChat »

seso wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:47 Can the B teams of Pana, Oly, AEK and PAOK in Super League 2 be relegated? Or is it in the rules that they cannot be promoted AND relegated? They are all in play-out positions at the moment.
This is the first season that they CAN be relegated. But in Greek football you never know, they may be relegated and latter reinstated for next season.