CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUALIFYING ROUNDS

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
jase25

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUALIFYING ROUNDS

Post by jase25 »

Who do you think that can cuse a surprise in the qualifying rounds of the UCL?

Who can make an Champions league debut?

I just want to know your opinion.
aekFC4ever

Post by aekFC4ever »

Well the thing is that if you see the seeding CL in the 3rd qualifying round for Champions, there are not many big teams. It's just Olympiakos and other smaller teams and even Olympiakos is not the big team. So unseeded teams can be proceeded to the 4th qualifying round and then everything is possible! As for names I can't say but it's nice that BATE and D.Zagreb and Zurich have many opportunities as they are seeded in the 3rd QR and maybe in the 4th QR as well.
AEK LARNACA
AEK ATHENS
Pawel1

Post by Pawel1 »

Nice draw first time in european cups...
Sant Julià -Tre Fiori
50-50 for this draw...
aekFC4ever

Post by aekFC4ever »

Pawel1 wrote:Nice draw first time in european cups...
Sant Julià -Tre Fiori
50-50 for this draw...
WEll, what can I say? A historic day? :D
AEK LARNACA
AEK ATHENS
Pawel1

Post by Pawel1 »

For Wisła Kraków qualifying rounds will be very hard. They lose trump of the own stadium. Wisła will be not play in Kraków but in Sosnowiec and Chorzów in the season 2009/2010.
Polak

Post by Polak »

^ True, no advantage of having their own stadium. I hope they play at the Stadion Slaski, Sosnowiec is a terrible stadium. I know it was meant to be first couple of round at Sosnowiec and then the 4th round [if they get there] and Champions League group stage [if they get there] at Stadion Slaski but I think it should be all the matches at Stadion Slaski.
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

jase25 wrote:Who do you think that can cuse a surprise in the qualifying rounds of the UCL?

Who can make an Champions league debut?

I just want to know your opinion.
a Champions League debut will rise for some Champions.
Olympiakos is a regular, but Zurich, Partizan, Levski.....
Maybe Kalmar can bring a surprise, Salzburg?

In the Non-Champions corner it seems pretty obvious, but due to a nice draw and underestimation, Tmisaora and Sivasspor do have a chance!
novnik

Post by novnik »

I hope that Levski Sofia will get into the group stage for second time after 2006. They crushed last two years, but now they'll be seeded in all rounds and should not miss this unique chance. Suprise may come from Dinamo Zagreb - they are the most serious team among the unseeded. Also Salzburg and Kalmar. BATE will be eliminated in the 3rd round, their luck must be over. :lol:
Pawel1

Post by Pawel1 »

novnik wrote:I hope that Levski Sofia will get into the group stage for second time after 2006. They crushed last two years, but now they'll be seeded in all rounds and should not miss this unique chance. Suprise may come from Dinamo Zagreb - they are the most serious team among the unseeded. Also Salzburg and Kalmar. BATE will be eliminated in the 3rd round, their luck must be over. :lol:
It could be funny if Levski second time in row draw BATE :)
novnik

Post by novnik »

Pawel1 wrote: It could be funny if Levski second time in row draw BATE :)
It's most possible to take them a revenge, because BATE eliminated Levski and Anderlecht only with a big luck. They wasn't good team even when took some points from Juventus and Zenit.
Pawel1

Post by Pawel1 »

novnik wrote:
Pawel1 wrote: It could be funny if Levski second time in row draw BATE :)
It's most possible to take them a revenge, because BATE eliminated Levski and Anderlecht only with a big luck. They wasn't good team even when took some points from Juventus and Zenit.
I can't agree with you... They play very well. Maybe they did not score many goals but in defence they play almoste perfect. :D
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

From my point of view, BATE was not so good in QR last season, despite their almost perfect defence, but in the group stage they showed alot of good things, out of defence and their place there, was fully deserved.
I have a blue house with a blue window.
Blue is the colour of all that I wear.
Blue are the streets and all the trees are too.
I have a girlfriend and she is so blue.
2ko

Post by 2ko »

Maccabi Haifa can cause a surprise - The GREENS are seeded up until the 4th qualifying round , but these team is much weaker than the "Dream-Team" of 2002-2003 season which beat Man Utd 3-0 and beat Olympiakos also 3-0, finishing 3rd in the group with 7 points...
Today's team if qualify with a help of good draw unlikely to cause a surprise in the group stage but can be an exiciting addition to the competition.
jase25

Post by jase25 »

In my opinion, the teams that can go though in the qualiying rounds for champions are Olympiacos, Partizan, Salzburg, Slavia and Kobenhavn. I think we can also expect some surprises, maybe coming from Belarus again or even from APOEL. Wisla Krakow, Zurich, Dinamo Zagreb are also very stong contendors to those 5 places. And don't forget Kalmar and Stabaek, but i really think they won´t make it throgh to the group stages.

On the non-champions, I really think the usual suspect will be in the GS. But we need to watch out, because thre will be very strong clashes in this qualifying round.

With such good teams like Arsenal, Lyon, Fiorentina, Atletico Madrid, being these two last teams probably unseeded, one thing is sure:

WE'LL HAVE THE PRIVILEGE OF WATCHING TOP-QUALITY CLASHES ALREADY IN AUGUST!

But before this, don't miss the other matches, of course!!

P.S.: Oh, I just forgot Levski! The bulgarian champions are an also very strong team! Sorry levski fans here in the forum :oops:
Lyonnais

Post by Lyonnais »

jase25 wrote:WE'LL HAVE THE PRIVILEGE OF WATCHING TOP-QUALITY CLASHES ALREADY IN AUGUST!
Some could think that it would have been better to have those clashes in February, but this is the way it is, and I agree with you that it will be interesting to watch.