German Bundesliga 2011/12

Domestic league and cup football
garfield335

Post by garfield335 »

Malko wrote:I can't imagine a team like Dortmund is on top of this league. I saw them 4 times, 2 times vs PSG last year (2 draws) and 2 times vs Marseille this year ( 2 losses). And they have beaten Bayern lately, didn't they? .Really, the Bundesligawith or without Bayern is far away from being the best championship of our 3 border-countries..
Dortmund performed bad last few seasons in European cups.

I dont know why they performed so bad. Other German Teams performed better.
Lusankya

Post by Lusankya »

Malko wrote:I can't imagine a team like Dortmund is on top of this league. I saw them 4 times, 2 times vs PSG last year (2 draws) and 2 times vs Marseille this year ( 2 losses). And they have beaten Bayern lately, didn't they? .Really, the Bundesligawith or without Bayern is far away from being the best championship of our 3 border-countries..
The problem is, that teams don't always perform equally well (or bad) in both domestic and European competitions. Look at Manchester City, they're comfortable at the top of the PL, but failed to survive the CL group stage. Or look at your beloved French league. Paris are #1 in the league, but couldn't even survive an easy EL group.
Malko

Post by Malko »

I think Paris didn't really want to go on an EL. They have to concentrate in Championship and qualification for CL this year. Cause the aim is to win the CL in a couple of years.
I even do not know if Dortmund was so bad in European cup, but they jhust do not have the level of an Olympique Marseille for example
Lusankya

Post by Lusankya »

Indeed and Paris just do not have the level of a Red Bull Salzburg for example.
Malko

Post by Malko »

Lusankya....LOL...well done :-)
Anyways I think and I told it already, Paris was not quite angry to quit this EL for concentrating on the future and the aim to be one of the Topclubs in Europe soon...i do not think that Dortmund has these ambitions.
Anyways, it is probably good for Bundesliga if some minor teams play on top and not always Bayern and Cie.....
Lusankya

Post by Lusankya »

Malko wrote: Anyways, it is probably good for Bundesliga if some minor teams play on top and not always Bayern and Cie.....
Maybe, maybe not. Sure, it's exciting to follow the league, because there are currently 4 teams fighting for the title. And one didn't expect Mönchengladbach to be this good.

However you never know if teams like Mönchengladbach will be this good the following season. They could do a Mainz or on the other hand a Hannover 96, but usually these surprise teams only do well for one season, unless they have the money to hold their important players.
Gladbach already sold Reus, so I am not too optimistic about their future.
garfield335

Post by garfield335 »

Malko wrote:Lusankya....LOL...well done :-)
Anyways I think and I told it already, Paris was not quite angry to quit this EL for concentrating on the future and the aim to be one of the Topclubs in Europe soon...i do not think that Dortmund has these ambitions.
Anyways, it is probably good for Bundesliga if some minor teams play on top and not always Bayern and Cie.....
In the mid Nineties Dortmund was better van Bayern.

Won 2 Championships
and won the cl 1997 and reachs semifinal 1998

Perhaps they are able to be again an european top club.

I dont know.
Malko

Post by Malko »

garfield, i do not think we can compare high-level football of the mid nineties to the actual one. There was also Monaco who was a top-team there, and...and ...and.....for half a dozen years now, it seems to be clear that on top of Europe, there will be always the same teams.....and neither Dortmund neither Monaco are part of it........
Luka

Post by Luka »

Last weekend was my first Bundesliga experience in Berlin, the game between Hertha and BVB seemed interesting upfront. As others thought the same, the stadium was full with (according to the press sources) about 20.000 of the visiting supporters. Great performance from their side (both home and away fans were spectacular, vividly supporting their teams for the entire 90+' - that is much of a difference when compared to Spain). Unfortunately that was most of it, as the pitch conditions didn't allow to play the ball - most of the time the players were struggling to control the ball. A lot of fight and a narrow win for the away team, but a lot of randomness at such a pitch.
UCL_Lover

Post by UCL_Lover »

Otto Rehhagel did it again?
Hertha returned back to wins; they won Werder; and there is a statue of Rehhagel in Bremen!
A good football player plays where the ball is. A great football player plays where the ball is going to be.
Lyonnais

Post by Lyonnais »

with their success at Leverkusen, I presume that Borussia Mönchengladbach have almost secured their CL spot. They now have a 11 point advantage over Bayer who are 5th.
greenbay

Post by greenbay »

Problem is that Borussia Mönchengladbach will next year's walk-over in Champions League. Their team is falling apart, even the manager is not sure to return next season.
UCL_Lover

Post by UCL_Lover »

Final in DFB Pokal is:
Borussia Dortmund Vs. Bayern München

Titles:
Bayern 15 (in 17 finals) - last 2009/10, won Werder 4-0
Dortmund 2 (in 4 finals) - last 2007/08, lost from Bayern 1-2 (aet)

Previous meetings in finals:
2007/08
Dortmund - Bayern 1-2 (aet)
0-1 Toni 11'
1-1 Petrić 90+1'
1-2 Toni 103'
A good football player plays where the ball is. A great football player plays where the ball is going to be.
garfield335

Post by garfield335 »

greenbay wrote:Problem is that Borussia Mönchengladbach will next year's walk-over in Champions League. Their team is falling apart, even the manager is not sure to return next season.
And they are of course unseeded, so they will have a strong opponent in the qualifications and a hard group stage.

Not only Reus will leave the team.
Dante will go to Bayern
garfield335

Post by garfield335 »

greenbay wrote:Problem is that Borussia Mönchengladbach will next year's walk-over in Champions League. Their team is falling apart, even the manager is not sure to return next season.
And they are of course unseeded, so they will have a strong opponent in the qualifications and a hard group stage.

Not only Reus will leave the team.
Dante will go to Bayern, and perhaps the coach ass well.