2014 WC QUAL UEFA GRP A - CRO - SER - BEL - SCO - MAC - WAL

Euro 2024, World Cup 2026, etc.
nikola_belgrade

Post by nikola_belgrade »

I honestly don't think Croatia is in danger to finish as worst runner up, they are just too good team to let that happen.

As for Šimunić, decision to make that foul is not the problem, most of the players would do that (not going to argue is that fair or not, football anyway lost fair play element long time ago), it's the way he did that or I should say intensity of the foul. He could seriously injure Sulejmani and interestingly no one mentioned how Sulejmani could barely walked after that so Serbia still had to play with a player less (or half player less) till the end because we used all subs.

I hope for sever punishment for him, one game ban would be a joke.
zender

Post by zender »

WE DID IT !!!
After all the years.
SirHenri

Post by SirHenri »

Congrats to Belgium !

A team to watch out in Brazil !
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

Please, just leave. Go wherever you want, but just go.
gderoo

Post by gderoo »

nogomet wrote: Please, just leave. Go wherever you want, but just go.
He'll leave after missing qualification for the world cup.
Niko13

Post by Niko13 »

nogomet, are there any names popping up already for a replacement in the media, or the situation is standing still before the play-offs?
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

Niko13 wrote:nogomet, are there any names popping up already for a replacement in the media, or the situation is standing still before the play-offs?
No names yet. If he avoids defeat today vs. Scotland he will most likely lead the team in the play-offs. HNS probably have no clue who to appoint instead of him, otherwise the names would have already come up at this point.

The most logical choice would be Niko Kovac who currently coaches the U21 team and has had great results with them so far, but they have important qualifiers vs. Switzerland and Latvia at the same time when the senior team should play the play-offs. Among other choices, maybe Robert Prosinecki who currently struggles with Kayserispor in the Turkish league. Nobody else pops to my mind. Should we lose tonight in Glasgow, then I expect the storm to break loose. That wouldn't be so bad, actually.

In the meantime, Stimac said they consider the match vs. Scotland "as a training session" :roll: :

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... lifier-win
Niko13

Post by Niko13 »

well I hope you get a good result so that you don't have to change the coach just before the play-offs, although from your words I get the point that the earlier they get rid of him - the better.
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

Niko13 wrote:well I hope you get a good result so that you don't have to change the coach just before the play-offs, although from your words I get the point that the earlier they get rid of him - the better.
The sacking of Igor Stimac would lift up the spirits of the nation, the new optimism would definitely translate to the team, just like the pessimism and negative energy among the fans currently hinders the team. There was a poll in the media the other day and 90% of people said that Stimac should resign. Long has not there been a person that was so disliked by the people. In 20 years of independence before Stimac took over, Croatia has suffered only one competitive home defeat. Igor Stimac managed to lose twice at home in only one year.
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

Igor Stimac just offered his resignation in front of TV cameras. Let's hope HNS are smart enough to accept it.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

nogomet wrote:Igor Stimac just offered his resignation in front of TV cameras. Let's hope HNS are smart enough to accept it.
Well you've got to give him credit for that, rather than hanging on for the money after getting sacked.
AnelZ

Post by AnelZ »

For the first time in history, B&H will be in front of Croatia (a national team which with Serbia is considered a big rival although we only have 4 matches against them and we lost all 4 with 6 goals scored and 14 conceded) and people are already taking pride in it. The same was when we for the first time came in front of Serbia. I'm stating this fact only to show how people can be "weird" sometimes, taking as pride something like a ranking which in many cases is a source of ridicule in the country...
Doživjeti možda neću da prođeš u finale
i da velikog Reala pobjediš na penale...
dzomba

Post by dzomba »

Niko Kovac (U-21 coach) is a new A team coach. Temporary, for play-offs, and later we will see ...
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

As I predicted yesterday, Niko Kovac, former captain of Croatian national team (2004-2009), former player of Hertha Berlin, Bayer Leverkusen, HSV, Bayern Munchen and Red Bull Salzburg is our new NT coach.

He is one of the most beloved Croatian players, not of top quality, but a hard working and very passionate player. He started excellently in the U21 campaign with 4 wins from 4 matches, with goal difference 13-0, beating Switzerland and Ukraine away from home.

Come on Niko. Make us believe again.