Non Football Olympic Events

Anything football. NO POLITICS please.
Di_Gule

Non Football Olympic Events

Post by Di_Gule »

Discussions for all non Football related Olympic Events.

I am keeping an eye on the Tennis and Handball (main coverage here in Sweden showing Denmark vs Sweden) as well as the Woman Football Tournament.

What Sports are you all watching

Congratulations to Kazakhstan for winning Gold in the Road Cycling.
Hjärtat slår IF Elfsborg.

Member of the Henrik Lundqvist fan club since year 2000.

Post by 1 »

Basketball 8)

Men's competition begins tomorrow

---

Women's competition began today

Group A
China 66-57 Czech Republic
Turkey 72-50 Angola
United States - Croatia

Group B
Canada 53-58 Russia
Brazil - France
Australia - Great Britain
Stout Leggings

Post by Stout Leggings »

Where the Danish athletes compete: table tennis, tennis, canoe, swimming, handball, rowing, sailing and cycling. So yeah, I basically try to catch as much as possible.

Wozniacki playing woeful (as usual atm). Hopefully she can fight herself back into the game.

Post by 1 »

China keep kicking a$$, as usual. they've just won another gold

a 16-years old Chinese swimmer girl (Ya Şiven) wins gold medal and breaks a world record!! i would like to see how Chinese are training :lol:

Europeans and South Americans should pray to their gods that Chinese dont show the same interest to development of football :D otherwise they are screwed :lol:
Krys

Post by Krys »

Chinese farmacologists have done their homework perfectly
Arges Pitesti

Post by Arges Pitesti »

I would discuss with you about all non-football olympic sports, but I don't know many english technical terms!!! :oops:

sorry for ignorance, anyway.......

I am glad that my Italy is in third position in general medal ranking, thanks to shoot's disciplines and foil (hat trick with femal squad!!!) :D

once we were contender in cyclism, swimming, volley, water polo, boat racing too...but nowadays, the situation is less brilliant...

my wish is italy to reach at least 20/25 medals! :roll:
"Better lose one match 5-0 than five 1-0" W. Boskov
agram

Post by agram »

Di_Gule wrote:
I am keeping an eye on the Tennis and Handball (main coverage here in Sweden showing Denmark vs Sweden) as well as the Woman Football Tournament.

What Sports are you all watching
i will keep an eye on all matches of croatian teams

men:

handball-we are expecting 3rd gold medal, and 4th semifinals on last 5 olympicgames

waterpolo-expectation is a medal, but croatian waterpolo team is often one big disappointment

women:

handball-expectation is quartefinals, maybe bronze medal...

basketball-our girls aren't good enough to achieve something more than 5th spot in group, that means 9th-10th place....

athletics, rowing, and sailing, are sports where croatia also have men and women competitive for olympic medal, so that will also be an object of my interest...

at the end, men basketball. dream team vs espana....my favorit team is argentina, so, vamos gauchos!!!!!!
Di_Gule

Post by Di_Gule »

Tsonga vs Ronaic :shock:

Falco

Post by Falco »

Not too impressed with the boxing, last two fights in the heavyweight category saw an Iranian disqualified for allegedly holding his Cuban opponent, then an Italian gets a walkover against an Angolan for some reason.

They're nearly as bad as the professionals :roll:
JPV

Post by JPV »

I'm going to the Athletics championships next week (wednesday - friday, all sessions).

I'll be especially watching: 4x400 men, decathlon, 200m & 110 hurdles. Seems nice!

I'll also be watching the SF's of (men's) football in Wembley (Mexico/Senegal - Japan/Egypt)
Di_Gule

Post by Di_Gule »

Tennis looks like shaping towards a Federer vs Djokovic final in the men and a Serena Willams vs Sharapova final in the Women.

I hope Murray beats Djokovic though and Azarenka beats Serena Willams.

Pawel1

Post by Pawel1 »

Russian preparations to Olympic Events 2014 in Sochi... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Iguspf5oX4
Lubomir25

Post by Lubomir25 »

The swimmers have done well for team GB, not a lot of medals but theres been quite a few finalists. I'm surprised at how poor Australia are doing considering there past recored in the pool... Perhaps the end of a swimming super power?
apw

Post by apw »

I think the main thing about the Olympics is that you end up watching sports that you would never watch at any other time.

I have watched Volleyball, Beach Volleyball, Water polo, Basketball, Sailing, Rowing and countless other sports, in fact ironically the only football match i watched was the men's final.

I even watched a game of Handball, i know a lot of Countries rave about the game but whilst i admit it is very energetic i have to admit i don't understand it and found it rather boring if i'm being honest but i respect everyone to enjoy their own sports.

As a Englishman or Briton for these 2 weeks i am absolutely delighted how well we have done for a small country
" Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "
Arges Pitesti

Post by Arges Pitesti »

28 medals...that's allright...I wouldn't bet it...there's no such a gap with France, maybe with Germany...We could have easily won 30 medals, maybe 10 gold...pity for swimming debacle, perhaps caused by bad training (similarly in rowing)...We made best things in "armed sports" (either fighting with a sword or shooting with a gun :-D ), but all in all we have collect at least one medal everywhere...

glad that States finished ahead of China

new nation rising: not China (already powerfull), but South Korea
"Better lose one match 5-0 than five 1-0" W. Boskov