Women's Championsleague

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
mspm89

Post by mspm89 »

With all the limitations of women's football in comparison, a female version of the Club World Cup would be WAY more interesting. Teams from East Asia or the USA could give the UCL title holders a run for their money consistently.

Of course, even mighty Real Trampas had to rob poor Kashima Antlers last time...
spoonman

Post by spoonman »

Bayern München have secured 2nd place in the Bundesliga, so they qualify for the Champions League, while Turbine Potsdam miss out.

Provisional list of 2017-18 CL participants:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017%E2%8 ... ague#Teams
Malko

Post by Malko »

Final just on air now......0-0 after 29 minutes...what if Paris wins it. Can they defend their title and France has 3 teams involved?
Forza AZ

Post by Forza AZ »

Malko wrote:Final just on air now......0-0 after 29 minutes...what if Paris wins it. Can they defend their title and France has 3 teams involved?
TH always plays again. I think Germany already had 3 teams before in the Women's CL.
AlanK
Location: Salem, Oregon and Barcelona, Spain; occasionally Lisboa

Post by AlanK »

Lyon wins it on penalty kicks :!:
"Past performance is no guarantee of future results."
Lyonnais

Post by Lyonnais »

yep :)
but boring game (as usual I'm aftraid)

However I confess that I was happy. Even if I'm not very involved (emotionally speakin)g with the female team I would have been annoyed to lose this final namely vs. Paris who are our main domestic rivals. They are getting closer every year but we're still ahead (also it was really 50/50 in this final)

So 4th Champions League for the girls, and second grand slam in a row (Champions League - French title - French Cup), congratulations to them! :applause:

OL join Frankfurt at the top of the all-time table with 4 wins.

OL this season

Avaldnes (NOR) - Lyon 2-5 0-5
Lyon - Zürich 8-0 9-0
Wolfsburg - Lyon 0-2 1-0
Man City - Lyon 1-3 1-0
Lyon - Paris 0-0 pso

Last 10 seasons

2017 LYON
2016 LYON
2015 FRANKFURT
2014 WOLFSBURG
2013 WOLFSBURG
2012 LYON
2011 LYON
2010 POTSDAM
2009 DUISBURG
2008 FRANKFURT

All time table

4 - FRANKFURT - LYON
2 - UMEA - POTSDAM - WOLFSBURG
1 - ARSENAL - DUISBURG
Don't forget to post your predictions for the new season
viewtopic.php?p=563580#p563580
Malko

Post by Malko »

So it would have been better, Paris would have won it......well, now up to the men to have a CL final Paris vs Lyon. What is possible with the women, why should it not be possible with the men?
AlanK
Location: Salem, Oregon and Barcelona, Spain; occasionally Lisboa

Post by AlanK »

Malko wrote:So it would have been better, Paris would have won it......well, now up to the men to have a CL final Paris vs Lyon. What is possible with the women, why should it not be possible with the men?
Alternatively, why should it :?:
"Past performance is no guarantee of future results."
Malko

Post by Malko »

AlanK, ....maybe if they let play their husbands ?

In fact, it's a question of money. like Spain and England with men, France and Germany pay most for women and can have any player they want. Therefor, every time a french or german club can qualify for a halffinal of men's CL,it's a real good performance....it will become more and more difficult, i know....
scapulaire24

Post by scapulaire24 »

Lyonnais wrote: Last 10 seasons

2017 LYON
2016 LYON
2015 FRANKFURT
2014 WOLFSBURG
2013 WOLFSBURG
2012 LYON
2011 LYON
2010 POTSDAM
2009 DUISBURG
2008 FRANKFURT
3 wins for Germany, 2 for Lyon, 3 wins for Germany, 2 for Lyon... the next 3 years should be for German teams.
Malko

Post by Malko »

Euh...scapulaire, difference betwee german and french teams has grown now...see the result Paris-Bayern.....
Oldelpaso

Post by Oldelpaso »

Lucy Bronze, probably England's best performing player in recent years, has joined Lyon from Manchester City. She turned down a contract that would have made her the highest paid player in England in order to move to Lyon.
No to Superleague
Forza AZ

Post by Forza AZ »

The Champions League starts this week with the qualifying round.

Ajax makes its debute in Europe. Interesting group with also Standard Liège. These teams already met in the BeNe-league from 2012-2015, so they know each other. They will play in matchday 3 so that will probably be the deciding match in the group, since Rigas (Lat) and Parnu (Est) should be no match for Ajax and Standard I think.
SimonB

Post by SimonB »

Oldelpaso wrote:Lucy Bronze, probably England's best performing player in recent years, has joined Lyon from Manchester City. She turned down a contract that would have made her the highest paid player in England in order to move to Lyon.
I read this too, you don't happen to know the sums of money involved do you?
Oldelpaso

Post by Oldelpaso »

SimonB wrote:
Oldelpaso wrote:Lucy Bronze, probably England's best performing player in recent years, has joined Lyon from Manchester City. She turned down a contract that would have made her the highest paid player in England in order to move to Lyon.
I read this too, you don't happen to know the sums of money involved do you?
No, I haven't seen anywhere that's quoted specifics. Two years ago the top earner was Steph Houghton at £65,000 per year of which £4,000 was endorsements and £25-30000 was from the central contracts that England players get from the FA. She has since signed a new contract, so I'm sure that will be more than the £30-35,000 per year she got from her club before, particularly given the growth of the women's game. My guess, and I stress it is purely a guess, is something in the £60-70,000 per year range (plus endorsements and central contract). However much it was, it will have been less than a squad player for the men's team gets in a week.
No to Superleague