2022 WC Qatar

Euro 2024, World Cup 2026, etc.
bugylibicska

2022 WC Qatar

Post by bugylibicska »

greenbay

Post by greenbay »

Some big brown envelopes will solve the issue.
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

greenbay wrote:Some big brown envelopes will solve the issue.
Maybe they forgot to give Zwanziger a Rolex watch! :twisted:
Falco

Post by Falco »

I don't think FIFA ever had any intention to hold the World Cup in Qatar. The 13 year announcement in advance set the alarm bells ringing straight away, since they've plenty of time to back down in advance of the tournament.
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Fifa prosecutor Michael Garcia calls for World Cup report to be made public:

http://www.footytube.com/news/guardian/ ... p_trendian

It seems almost everybody are for transparency, so who are not in favour :?: Herr Blatter maybe :?: :twisted:
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Maccabi_TA

Post by Maccabi_TA »

well, there are left with less than 8 years to go, i don't see the corrupt FIFA takes the WC from them, and even if they would, where would it be held? i guess that England was the best place to make it, by the fact that 2026 will be in Asia or North America and 2030 will probably be in Uruguay and Argentina (beacuse Uruguay alone can't make it by itself IMO) as of Century Celebrations for the first World Cup.
Maccabi Tel-Aviv - Since 1906

22 Championships
23 FA Cups (Israeli State Cup)
4 Toto Cups (League Cup)
AnelZ

Post by AnelZ »

Maccabi_TA wrote:well, there are left with less than 8 years to go, i don't see the corrupt FIFA takes the WC from them, and even if they would, where would it be held? i guess that England was the best place to make it, by the fact that 2026 will be in Asia or North America and 2030 will probably be in Uruguay and Argentina (beacuse Uruguay alone can't make it by itself IMO) as of Century Celebrations for the first World Cup.
I would rather see Italy as a host then England, but it doesn't matter as it will be hosted by Qatar.
Doživjeti možda neću da prođeš u finale
i da velikog Reala pobjediš na penale...
Maccabi_TA

Post by Maccabi_TA »

AnelZ wrote:
Maccabi_TA wrote:well, there are left with less than 8 years to go, i don't see the corrupt FIFA takes the WC from them, and even if they would, where would it be held? i guess that England was the best place to make it, by the fact that 2026 will be in Asia or North America and 2030 will probably be in Uruguay and Argentina (beacuse Uruguay alone can't make it by itself IMO) as of Century Celebrations for the first World Cup.
I would rather see Italy as a host then England, but it doesn't matter as it will be hosted by Qatar.
I wish Italy would be host as they need to have a better WC than 1990, but i don't see them getting the host and build the amount of stadium in that period of time, beacuse of their finanical problemes, maybe FIFA will give the 2026 to UEFA and 2022 to North America in order to change and let each country to make their own adjestments, especially if it would bt USA that will host 2022 beacuse i'm probably sure that they are ready right now with entire facilities.
Maccabi Tel-Aviv - Since 1906

22 Championships
23 FA Cups (Israeli State Cup)
4 Toto Cups (League Cup)
greenbay

Post by greenbay »

They can hold the 2022 world cup in those 13 European cities, with the 2020 Euro being the ultimate test run. :lol:
fillow

Post by fillow »

greenbay wrote:They can hold the 2022 world cup in those 13 European cities, with the 2020 Euro being the ultimate test run. :lol:
Now pray that Blatter doesn't read this forum, or he can steal the idea and host a WC in 20 different cities across all the world
matt

Post by matt »

Maccabi_TA wrote:
AnelZ wrote:
I wish Italy would be host as they need to have a better WC than 1990, but i don't see them getting the host and build the amount of stadium in that period of time, beacuse of their finanical problemes, maybe FIFA will give the 2026 to UEFA and 2022 to North America in order to change and let each country to make their own adjestments, especially if it would bt USA that will host 2022 beacuse i'm probably sure that they are ready right now with entire facilities.

No,in this moment we can't host a world cup,as you said for financial reasons,but i hope in my lifetime i will see a world cup in italy :)
International break hater
matt

Post by matt »

fillow wrote:
greenbay wrote:They can hold the 2022 world cup in those 13 European cities, with the 2020 Euro being the ultimate test run. :lol:
Now pray that Blatter doesn't read this forum, or he can steal the idea and host a WC in 20 different cities across all the world

Hope that Blatter doesn't decide to do a medieval-winter World Cup across the middle-east rich sheiks countries(Qatar,Saudi Arabia,Arab Emirates,,Bahrein) :roll:

He's so corrupt that would be able to do this...
International break hater
Avalon

Post by Avalon »

matt wrote:

Hope that Blatter doesn't decide to do a medieval-winter World Cup across the middle-east rich sheiks countries(Qatar,Saudi Arabia,Arab Emirates,,Bahrein) :roll:

I think I won't have a problem seeing a WC in the middle east. Its just that Qatar has no stadiums, no real cities...its noo small to hold a world cup imo for what the country offers to visitors. And the summer vs winter thing too.

If Saudi arabia/Quatar and maybe Iran would do it, (imagine the political things lol) that would be another story I could get behind. Mayber in 2034 with enough planning for the big leagues to do it in winter also.

But a whole world cup in an artifical place...feels wrong.

(Money is always needed to host it, so I won't put it all down to corruption. Even if Blatter and companions are corrupt, which I have no doubt about)
stakhanovite

Post by stakhanovite »

I'm happy with it being in Qatar. If they want to call it a global game, take it around the world. I'd probably give it to Australia next time it's in Asia as well. It's boring taking it to the same European and American countries.