Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
bugylibicska

EL qualifying 2015-16

Post by bugylibicska »

Again strictly using UEFA geography for the regions from the 102 teams:

North has 18+24=42 teams
South has 18+16=34 teams
East has 15+11=26 teams

So, the North has 6 more unseeded teams, while both the South and East are short on unseeded teams.
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

UEFA no longer divides East and South separately.

North is a separate group, but South and East are always mixed together.
fillow

Post by fillow »

Isn't UEFA geography a rather relative term?
I've seen clubs from some countries attached to different zones in different seasons, depending on which zone was short of seeded or unseeded clubs
abzpablo

Post by abzpablo »

I wish they wouldn't regionalise QR1.

I look at the list of opponents and most of the more exotic looking destinations are in east and south.

The usual list of nordic, baltic or celtic opposition is a bit dull - I want to go to Armenia or Montenegro !
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

fillow wrote:Isn't UEFA geography a rather relative term?
I've seen clubs from some countries attached to different zones in different seasons, depending on which zone was short of seeded or unseeded clubs
Yes, like now they have to import seeded teams to the North from the East region or export some unseeded Baltic teams there. Teams from Belarus or Poland show up regularly in the North region, just like teams from Moldova play in the South group.
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

abzpablo wrote:I wish they wouldn't regionalise QR1.

I look at the list of opponents and most of the more exotic looking destinations are in east and south.

The usual list of nordic, baltic or celtic opposition is a bit dull - I want to go to Armenia or Montenegro !
Exactly my sentiment from the East. I always dreamed about my team(s) to be paired with teams from exotic (for us) countries like Ireland or Norway and those times this was a rare opportunity to travel to the West.
AnelZ

Post by AnelZ »

There are still some kind of three zones although east-central and south are much often mixed then north. They also take in consideration that the coefficient of all those groups they make are close to each other as well taking in account the security factor.
Doživjeti možda neću da prođeš u finale
i da velikog Reala pobjediš na penale...
JohnHarts

Post by JohnHarts »

Exactly! I watch the Baltic teams every year and it's always Celtic countries Scandinavia or Polish or Belarusian opposition. There's been the odd former ex-Yugoslavia team in there. That's why my mouth has been watering at the chance of seeing the champs of either the Faroes, San Marino or Gibraltar in CQ 1Q in Tallinn soon, but due to the Europa league winner qualifying for the CL, a team from Northern Ireland is now one of the four possibles. :cry:
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Faroes are Northern section opposition too though.
matt

Post by matt »

JohnHarts wrote:

Exactly! I watch the Baltic teams every year and it's always Celtic countries Scandinavia or Polish or Belarusian opposition. There's been the odd former ex-Yugoslavia team in there. That's why my mouth has been watering at the chance of seeing the champs of either the Faroes, San Marino or Gibraltar in CQ 1Q in Tallinn soon, but due to the Europa league winner qualifying for the CL, a team from Northern Ireland is now one of the four possibles. :cry:
Last year Levadia Talinn met La Fiorita from San Marino in Clqr1.
International break hater
Carson

Post by Carson »

Sion won the Swiss Cup. Now i think it only leaves Poland and this list will be complete.
Forza AZ

Post by Forza AZ »

Carson wrote:Sion won the Swiss Cup. Now i think it only leaves Poland and this list will be complete.
Poland (last matchday at 18.00 CET) and Greece (last play-off round at 19.30 CET).

The 3 Greece teams in EL are already known, however not yet which team will enter in which rounds.
SirHenri

Post by SirHenri »

Carson wrote:Sion won the Swiss Cup. Now i think it only leaves Poland and this list will be complete.
Sion is the world best cup team for sure. They made it to the cupfinals 13 times, and they won them ALL :shock: Welcome to EL-GS !
betrayor

Post by betrayor »

Forza AZ wrote:
Poland (last matchday at 18.00 CET) and Greece (last play-off round at 19.30 CET).

The 3 Greece teams in EL are already known, however not yet which team will enter in which rounds.
Yeah the games are played right now....
We will know in a hour or so....
Forza AZ

Post by Forza AZ »

In Poland Lech Poznan are champions and in CL-Q2. Legia Warszawa will be in EL-Q2. Jagiellonia and Slask Wroclaw were already certain for the 2 EL-Q1 spots.