Bulgarian Football Season 2015/2016

Domestic league and cup football
totosexpandingheadband

Post by totosexpandingheadband »

PFC Ludogorets made a big transfer targets after signing a contract with striker Claudio Kesheru. The player passed a medical test today and will be available to the coaching staff Ludogorets. Kesheru will defend the shirt of PFC Ludogorets in the next three seasons.
FX

Post by FX »

What do you think the reason is for Ludo's bad start? Have they lost a lot of their best players? I know Júnior Caiçara went to Schalke 04.
totosexpandingheadband

FX wrote:What do you think the reason is for Ludo's bad start? Have they lost a lot of their best players? I know Júnior Caiçara went to Schalke 04.
Could be lots of things,getting new players to gel together,a new manager getting to know his team and players and working out a playing system,new players/manager not good enough..................only time will tell,but from what I saw,they no longer have a gap between them and all the other teams in the division,they are just the same as any other 'A' grupa team,until they get back the extra that set them apart,the league will be wide open for a team to get themselves together and win it.
totosexpandingheadband

The management of PFC Ludogorets began negotiations to terminate the contract of coach Bruno Ribeiro and his assistants Marcelo Chagas and Andy Smith. Meanwhile, assistant coach Radi Zdravkov resign, but the desire of the club he should continue in his post and negotiations will continue.

Today in the coaching team enters Edward Eronosyan. The skilled was champion of Bulgaria and Angola. Coach of the Year in 2004.

http://ludogorets.com/bg/news/?i=1475&u ... stcron.com
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

FX wrote:What do you think the reason is for Ludo's bad start? Have they lost a lot of their best players? I know Júnior Caiçara went to Schalke 04.
My opinion is almost like totosexpandingheadband (Steve).
Just to add another significant lost with Roman Bezjak.

This Slovenian attacker is with not the perfect first touch, but he was with extremely high level of work rate performance all the time, giving pressure on the opponent half, making the task of Ludogorets defenders far easier.

In the summer, he went as a free agent in Rijeka and as far as is know from the information in the local media, he wanted to go out in the winter break, but team owner did not want to let him go, although there was some offers.

Several players left for the same reason, and at least in my opinion that said that the internal situation in the team was poor, the owner acts against the true desire of the players, which lead to logical, negative results.
I have a blue house with a blue window.
Blue is the colour of all that I wear.
Blue are the streets and all the trees are too.
I have a girlfriend and she is so blue.
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Simeon Slavchev with winning goal in Apollon Limassol - Aris 2-1 in Cyprus.

levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Serie A Newcomer Signs Bulgarian Winger Aleksandar Tonev

One of the newcomers to the Italian Serie A – Frosinone, signed a contract with the Bulgarian football player Aleksandar Tonev.

The 25-year-old winger, who signed a one-year contract with an option for a further extension by another year, passed medical examinations in Rome on Wednesday.

Tonev started his career at CSKA Sofia, where he scored four goals in 42 games before moving to Poland.

There the Bulgarian scored seven goals in 54 games for Lech Poznan before moving to the UK, where he played for Aston Villa and was loaned to Celtic.

Tonev has also scored three goals in 17 appearances for the Bulgarian men's national football team.

He will be the second Bulgarian to play in the new season of the top Italian football league, as fellow national Ivaylo Chochev competes for Palermo.

The other four Bulgarians, who have competed for teams from Serie A, are Nikolay Iliev, Hristo Stoichkov, Valeri Bozhinov and Nikolay Mihaylov, sportal.bg informs.
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Summer transfers in Botev Plovdiv

In

Code: Select all

1 	 Brazil 	  GK 	Victor Golas (from Portugal Braga)
20 	Uruguay 	 MF 	Nicolas Varela (from Greece Zakynthos)
39 	Bulgaria 	FW 	Dimitar Aleksiev (from Haskovo)
84 	Bulgaria 	GK 	Valentin Galev (from Lokomotiv Sofia)
96 	Bulgaria 	MF 	Daniel Genov (from Lokomotiv Sofia)
	   Bulgaria 	DF 	Orlin Starokin (from Romania Dinamo București)

Out

Code: Select all

1 	 Poland 	  GK 	Adam Stachowiak (to Turkey Gaziantep BB)
3 	 France 	  DF 	Romain Inez (released)
16 	Czech Rep.  MF 	Tomáš Jirsák (to Kazakhstan Irtysh Pavlodar)
19 	Bulgaria 	FW 	Ivan Tsvetkov (retired)
21 	Bulgaria 	GK 	Filip Dimitrov (released)
23 	Bulgaria 	FW 	Tsvetelin Chunchukov (to Ludogorets Razgrad)
25 	Bulgaria 	GK 	Stamen Boyadzhiev (on loan to Italy Venezia)
37 	Bulgaria 	DF 	Rosen Kolev (to Russia Volga Nizhny Novgorod)
48 	Bulgaria 	MF 	Borimir Karamfilov (to Ludogorets Razgrad II)
77 	Bulgaria 	MF 	Momchil Tsvetanov (to CSKA Sofia)
89 	Bulgaria 	GK 	Mihail Ivanov (released)
95 	Bulgaria 	MF 	Stanislav Dryanov (to Neftochimic Burgas)
— 	 Bulgaria 	FW 	Emil Kamberov (on loan to Lokomotiv GO)
— 	 Republic of the Congo 	FW 	Férébory Doré (to France Angers, previously on loan at Romania CFR Cluj)
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Greek PAOK Signs Bulgarian Striker Dimitar Berbatov

Greek football club PAOK signed a contract with Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov until 30 June 2016.

The website of PAOK notes the impressive career and achievements of Berbatov, who has scored 274 goals in 635 club encounters.

The 34-year-old Bulgarian started his career at CSKA Sofia in 1988 before going abroad, where he has successively played for Bayer Leverkusen, Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United, Fulham and Monaco.

Among the trophies won by Berbatov are two Premier League titles, two Football League Cups, two FA Community Shields, one FIFA Club World Cup and one Bulgarian Cup.

He also holds the UEFA Cup top goalscorer award for the 2000-2001 season and the Premier League Golden Boot having scored twenty goals in the 2010-2011 season.

Berbatov is also the all-time goalscorer of the Bulgarian men's national football team having scored 48 goals in 78 appearances.

The team from Thessaloniki welcomes the great player to the club and wishes him the best of luck.
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Bulgaria's Chances of Qualifying for EURO 2016 Diminish After Losing 0:1 to Norway

The Bulgarian men's national football team suffered 0:1 defeat to visiting side Norway in a decisive UEFA EURO 2016 qualifier on Thursday.

Thus, Bulgaria's chances of qualifying for EURO 2016 diminished as Bulgaria is lagging five points behind its direct opponent for the third place in qualification Group H – Norway.

The only goal in the match, which was played at the Vasil Levski National Stadium in Sofia, was scored by Norwegian defender Vegard Forren in the 57th minute.

Bulgaria suffered a second consecutive defeat to Norway after having lost 1:2 in Oslo in October 2014.

Bulgaria retained its fourth position in qualification Group H with eight points, while Norway consolidated its third position with 13 points.

In the other matches from Group H, Azerbaijan and Croatia finished to a goalless draw in Baku, while Italy achieved a minimum 1:0 victory over Malta in Florence.

Croatia and Italy retained their leadership positions with 15 points each, Azerbaijan is fifth with five points, while Malta remained at the bottom with one point.

The top two teams in the final standing will qualify directly for the final stage of tournament, which will be held in France next year, while the third team will go through a play-off.

In its next qualifier, Bulgaria will face Italy in Palermo on Sunday.
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Dimitar Berbatov Receives Warm Welcome by PAOK Fans

Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov, who recently signed a contract with Greek football club PAOK, received a warm welcome by the supporters of the club at the Toumba stadium in Thessaloniki during his presentation on Thursday .

Due to the impressive turnout of the fans, the stadium staff had to open all gates in order take in all the supporters, the website of PAOK informs.

PAOK President Iakovos Angelidis also welcomed Berbatov, assuring him that he will get to experience the energy, passion and strength of the supporters.

Angelidis welcomed the Bulgarian to the PAOK family and highlighted that this year marked the 90th anniversary of the club.

Berbatov expressed his gratitude for the warm reception and shared with the fans that his father was born only close to the border with Greece, so in some ways he felt them like brothers.

The Bulgarian vowed to fight for the fans as one fights for one's brother, took pictures and selfies with his mobile phone and threw signed balls to the crowd.

Following the presentation, Berbatov left for Nea Mesimvria to hold his first training with his new teammates.
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Bulgaria Loses to Italy in EURO 2016 Qualifiers

Bulgaria's national football team has recorded a second loss (0:1) in a EURO 2016 qualifiers game played in Palermo, Italy on Sunday evening.

Italy's Daniele De Rossi scored the only goal as early as the 6th minute after shooting from the penalty spot.

Italian goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon faced only two major attacks by Bulgarian players (Georgi Milanov and Iliyan Mitsanski) throughout the game.

On Thursday, Norway defeated Bulgaria 1:0 after scoring in the second half, dashing the latter team's hopes to make it into the European tournament next year.
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Tsipras Gets Berbatov's New PAOK T-Shirt

Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras received quite an unexpected present while visiting the Tolumba stadium in Thessaloniki on Sunday.

Though not a fan of PAOK, he was warmly welcomed at their stadium, where Bulgarian football player Dimitar Berbatov had arrived just a few days earlier, news website Dnevnik.bg reports, citing The Greek Analyst.