Turkish Season 15-16

Domestic league and cup football
--staradam--

Turkish Season 15-16

Post by --staradam-- »

--staradam--

Post by --staradam-- »

Samuel Eto'o has arrived at Turkey ahead of signing for #Antalya.

famous signing for a newcomer team !!!!
--staradam--

Post by --staradam-- »

Fener’s Pereira faces tall task of turning the tide

Breaking with current trends in hiring and succeeding with Turkish trainers, Fenerbahçe has just signed a Portuguese coach to head up the team after parting ways with an ultimately unsuccessful İsmail Kartal.

Vitor Pereira was appointed Fenerbahçe coach on June 11, the day after he left Olympiakos. He had accomplished a domestic double with the Greek team, winning the Greek Super League championship and the Greek Football Cup before moving on to Turkey.

He has emphasized that his Fenerbahçe will be attack-minded and exciting above all else. His first new signing is Danish defender Simon Kjaer.

“We are first of all going to try to establish an offensive, aggressive, game-dominating and possessive team. That is my first goal here,” Pereira told the club’s channel FBTV. “We want to play this kind of game because I know that is the style of game fans like to watch. Fans of big teams always love that kind of play. We have to give them reasons to fill the stands,” he added.

Pereira has had several stints at Portuguese side Porto, most recently as head coach in 2011-13, and Saudi side Al-Ahli. In Portugal, Pereira boasts two championships in two years. His Porto was also UEFA Super Cup runner-up in 2011.
--staradam--

Post by --staradam-- »

Denmark international defender Simon Thorup Kjaer has become the newest member of the Fenerbahçe football team after inking a four-year contract with the Yellow Canaries at Şükrü Saracoğlu Stadium on Wednesday.

The transfer deal includes a 7.65 million euros buyout clause, which the Canaries have agreed to pay Kjaer's former club Lille, in the contract that goes into effect as of July 1.

And the 26-year-old center back, who came to İstanbul with his family, was near ecstatic after the signing ceremony.

“My aim is to become a legend at Fenerbahçe. And like the other Danes before me, I am here to win the championship for Fenerbahçe,” Kjaer said alluding to his Danish predecessors at the İstanbul club -- Henrik Nielsen, Brian Steen Nielsen, Frank Pingel and Jes Högh.
--staradam--

Post by --staradam-- »

The Beşiktaş Black Eagles signed a two-plus-one-year deal with Şenol Güneş on Thursday, hoping the former Turkey coach will end its six-year title drought.

Speaking during a signing ceremony held at the club facilities, Güneş said he is hungry for a championship title and expects the same excitement from his new players as well. He will make one-and-a-half million euros for each season. Beşiktaş will have to pay half a million euros should it annul the deal.

“Last year and the year before, Beşiktaş had to renew itself. Against all odds, I think they were successful. They played well and got good results in Europe. They lost the championship at the last gasp. Of course there is this lack of morale. I think the departing coach was also successful. He needs to be acknowledged,” Güneş reflected on the performance of the Eagles last season
--staradam--

Post by --staradam-- »

Beşiktaş are set the complete the signing of the Hoffenheim right back Andreas Beck. The Istanbul giants have activated the 28-year-old's minimum fee release clause, which was set at 2 million euros. The Germany international is expected to sign a three year deal at 1.1 million euros per season.
--staradam--

Post by --staradam-- »

German forward Lukas Podolski joined the ranks of Turkish champion Galatasaray through a signing ceremony on Saturday.

Podolski will receive four million euros from Galatasaray for a period of three years.

bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

FENERBAHCE has been the most active team so far during this transfer period.

New coach Vitor Pereira (former club Olympiakos)
Fernandao (last year's top goal scorer, in front of Demba Ba) and Sener from Bursaspor
Simon Kjaer from Lille
Nani from Man U
Fabiano and Abdoulaye from Porto
Josef de Souza from Sao Paulo

Next aim : Robin Van Persie from Man U

They did lose some players such as Kuyt, Emre, Egemen, Webo - Emenike is expected to leave as well.

Last champion GALATASARAY is silent for the moment.

Their main transfer is Podolski from Arsenal.
Also joined the team Bilal from Akhisar.

They target Huntelaar, Niasse (L. Moskva) - they should bu a striker

Left the team players such as Eboue, Pandev - Melo might follow.

BESIKTAS was quiet so far.

Slaven Biliç left the team to Senol Gunes (head coach of the national team during world cup 2002)
Their new stadium should be ready at the end of the year.

The club is blocked because of the financial fair-play (cannot pay more than what they earn)
Luckily they did good sales (Demba Ba to China, and Atinç to Red Bull Leipzig for a total of 19m €)

Dusiç from Gençler joined the team.
Beck from Hoffenheim as well.

They target a striker to replace Ba - might be Loic Remy.
As well as a defensive player (Rhodolfo?) - some players from Dinamo Moskva
Black Eagles 1903
apurvdanke

Post by apurvdanke »

I got my coveted official Galatasaray T-shirt from Istanbul, thanks to a work colleague who travelled there. Cost me TL 69, or around INR 1600. It was the usual red & orange one, with the 3 stars (not 4, but still good enough for me!!). Also there were hardly any T-shirts available as it is off-season. My colleague told me that the GSStore attendant was surprised that Galatasaray even has fans in India. I am not sure if there is anyone else. Probably nobody even knows the Turkish club names here. Everyone is aware of the big clubs in England, Spain, Italy and Germany thanks to the TV coverage here, but Turkish clubs are only visible when Champions League/Europa League is telecast; that too when any Turkish club is playing one of the big clubs from these countries. Have to watch the games at 12:15 in the night in summer, and 1:15 in winter!!

Coming back to the main topic, Fenerbahce is splashing out all the money saved up since last 2 years, as they didnt have European games to contend with. It has come up with a complete overhaul, starting with the sporting director, coach and new set of players. Only time will tell how successful they will be. I think they're definitely targeting the Champions League group stage, but it will be very difficult.

Galatasaray just has one big signing till now, but they also have to keep hold of stars such as Muslera and Sneijder. Some more signings may be on the way before new season starts. They should fare much better in Champions League than last year, under Hamza Hamzaoglu.
Regards,
Apurv
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

Maybe this visibility problem will be solved - TV coverage should get better, now that BeIN Media bought Digiturk.

Fener did good transfers, but I still don't think they will qualify to CL. Hopefully I am wrong, though.
Black Eagles 1903
_GS_

Post by _GS_ »

apurvdanke wrote:I got my coveted official Galatasaray T-shirt from Istanbul, thanks to a work colleague who travelled there. Cost me TL 69, or around INR 1600. It was the usual red & orange one, with the 3 stars (not 4, but still good enough for me!!). Also there were hardly any T-shirts available as it is off-season. My colleague told me that the GSStore attendant was surprised that Galatasaray even has fans in India. I am not sure if there is anyone else. Probably nobody even knows the Turkish club names here. Everyone is aware of the big clubs in England, Spain, Italy and Germany thanks to the TV coverage here, but Turkish clubs are only visible when Champions League/Europa League is telecast; that too when any Turkish club is playing one of the big clubs from these countries. Have to watch the games at 12:15 in the night in summer, and 1:15 in winter!!

Coming back to the main topic, Fenerbahce is splashing out all the money saved up since last 2 years, as they didnt have European games to contend with. It has come up with a complete overhaul, starting with the sporting director, coach and new set of players. Only time will tell how successful they will be. I think they're definitely targeting the Champions League group stage, but it will be very difficult.

Galatasaray just has one big signing till now, but they also have to keep hold of stars such as Muslera and Sneijder. Some more signings may be on the way before new season starts. They should fare much better in Champions League than last year, under Hamza Hamzaoglu.
an attitude which deserves respect :applause: it's stupid that everyone "support" same "fancy" teams because of the hype

i will be surprised if Galatasaray can finish 3rd in CL GS (unless they draw a very weak team from Pot 4). their staff have a strange fetish for Turkish players, which will ultimately end in disaster. they say they dont have money for transfers but renew contract of a stupid player like Sabri Sarıoğlu by raising his wage to 1.6 m € a year!

about Fenerbahçe; they are under a HUGE pressure. when you have Nani & RVP in your team you MUST be succesful in Europe, but you know, playing in Europe is not their tradition. historically they have always been a "domestic team". let's see if they can change their destiny. if they even fail with this squad, they'll be drown in debts

Beşiktaş have the biggest coach advantage among top 3. Şenol Güneş is the most profilic coach in Süper Lig now. he will also "earn back" some out-of-favor players like Oğuzhan Özyakup. they still need a ST though...
_GS_

Post by _GS_ »

Politics of Süper Lig 2015-2016

"AKP" clubs (10)
Başakşehir
Bursa
Gaziantep
Kayseri
Kasımpaşa
Konya
Osmanlı
Rize
Sivas
Trabzon

"CHP" clubs (6)
Akhisar Bld.
Antalya
Beşiktaş
Eskişehir
Fenerbahçe
Mersin İdman Yurdu

None (which are academic institution clubs) (2)
Galatasaray
Gençlerbirliği
_GS_

Post by _GS_ »

--staradam-- wrote:Podolski will receive four million euros from Galatasaray for a period of three years.
no, 3 million euros in first 3 seasons. he must play 50 matches to earn 4 million.
brunomoraes

Post by brunomoraes »

_GS_ wrote:Politics of Süper Lig 2015-2016

"AKP" clubs (10)
Başakşehir
Bursa
Gaziantep
Kayseri
Kasımpaşa
Konya
Osmanlı
Rize
Sivas
Trabzon

"CHP" clubs (6)
Akhisar Bld.
Antalya
Beşiktaş
Eskişehir
Fenerbahçe
Mersin İdman Yurdu

None (which are academic institution clubs) (2)
Galatasaray
Gençlerbirliği
That's total bullshit...
_GS_

Post by _GS_ »

Hm that was a mature comment, thanks