Dinamo Zagreb arrests

Domestic league and cup football
Eurofootballgeek

Post by Eurofootballgeek »

What does this mean for
A) Dinamo Zagreb
B) Dinamo fans (I know before they boycotted games)
C) Other croatian sides in Europe
Todor

Post by Todor »

nogomet wrote:Zoran Mamic, sentenced for 4 years and 11 months of prison for stealing hundreds of millions of Croatian kunas from Dinamo, just got rewarded by the club he stole from and became a new director of sport of Dinamo Zagreb. :rollfloor:
Has his sentence been overturned? It makes no sense to appoint someone who has a pending jail time ahead. How is he supposed to do his job?
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

Todor wrote:
nogomet wrote:Zoran Mamic, sentenced for 4 years and 11 months of prison for stealing hundreds of millions of Croatian kunas from Dinamo, just got rewarded by the club he stole from and became a new director of sport of Dinamo Zagreb. :rollfloor:
Has his sentence been overturned? It makes no sense to appoint someone who has a pending jail time ahead. How is he supposed to do his job?
No, he and his brother appealed the sentence, and the result of the appeal will be known by the end of this year. If it's not overturned, he goes to prison (of course, if he doesn't flee on the eve of the verdict like his brother). There's another trial for more crime-related activities coming up as well.

Of course none of this makes any sense, but common sense has long left this club. The Mamic clan have felt they were losing their grip over the decision makers in Dinamo and Croatian football so they sent the younger brother to "restore order". And probably steal some more money from the huge transfers coming up - Spanish young star Dani Olmo and national team goalkeeper Dominik Livakovic. This will of course destroy all the positivity that happened around Croatian football over the last 365 days, but that doesn't mean anything to these people. I bet they even enjoy it, because they cannot stand the fact that our football flourished when they were absent.
Last edited by nogomet on Thu Jun 06, 2019 09:15, edited 2 times in total.
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

Eurofootballgeek wrote:What does this mean for
A) Dinamo Zagreb
B) Dinamo fans (I know before they boycotted games)
C) Other croatian sides in Europe
A) The return of negativity, internal fights, dissatisfied fans, less people on the stands, a tutor over coach Bjelica's head who does not suffer someone meddling in his business, which will inevitably lead to a power struggle over the locker room. So - nothing good. I think this season will be back to usual business with Dinamo in Europe.

B) Probably less people and more negativity on the stadium.

C) Nothing. Mamic cannot hurt them in European competitions.
krdel

Post by krdel »

There are rumours in Slovenia, that Mamić will take over Olimpija and they will become some kind of Dinamo's farm team.
UEFA - We care about money. Pravda za Kolubaru!
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

High ranking judges who sentenced exiled Mamic brothers to prison have been arrested today in Croatia for corruption and taking bribes from the same Mamic brothers who allegedly paid them hundreds of thousands of euros to get acquitted, but then sentenced him nonetheless. After the Supreme court confirmed the sentence, Zdravko Mamic went public and confessed to all things he's done to bribe the judges to get a 'not guilty' verdict. Mamic's hopes are that the sentence will now be annulled and that a new trial will start. The fact that he confessed to a felony of bribing the judges does not concern him too much evidently.

I have nothing intelligent to say.
wannabeontop

Post by wannabeontop »

Jesus Christ.
In Game of Thrones conquerors always say to the defeated side: "Bend the knee and you''ll live". As if they weren't alive right now.

I'm smarter than it shows. Just don't want to discourage anyone.
krdel

Post by krdel »

Zdravko Mamić announced his retirement from football and Dinamo today.

Any comments?
UEFA - We care about money. Pravda za Kolubaru!