Last movie i watched

Anything football. NO POLITICS please.
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

The last dance - a movie about Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls. I was lucky being able to follow his career since the beginning from the mid 80's. He was from a different planet, cannot be compared to anyone. LeBron James, Kobe Bryant or Shaquille O'Neal could only be compared to the likes of Magic Johnson, Larry Bird or Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, bot not to him. The Chicago Bulls were a mediocre team, only Jordan, nobody else. The Detroit Pistons - led by arch enemy Isiah Thomas - beat them 3 times in a row in the playoffs of the late 80's. Then suddenly something changed. Scottie Pippen emerged from the shadows, from a mediocre player became a top class and with his help Jordan lead the Bulls to 6 NBA titles. Michael Jordan maybe the best ever athlete of all times, perhaps only Muhammad Ali comes close.
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

After a long time, I saw again They Call Me Trinity (1970) and could rate it above 8/10 imho. I just realized and found one of the biggest Quentin Tarantino inspiration.

I have a blue house with a blue window.
Blue is the colour of all that I wear.
Blue are the streets and all the trees are too.
I have a girlfriend and she is so blue.
quelhar

Post by quelhar »

German Netflix series Dark (IMDB score 8,8/10) is amazing. The third and final season was released a few days ago.
SK Slavia Praha fan
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

quelhar wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 13:52 German Netflix series Dark (IMDB score 8,8/10) is amazing. The third and final season was released a few days ago.
:applause:
I couldn't watch the 3rd season so far, maybe next week. Normally I am not a fan of German movies or series, most of them are crap, but this one is indeed very good.

btw: I've mentioned the series 2,5 years ago in this thread after watching season one:
BurningStorm wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 08:43 Just finished watching the first ever German Netflix series 'DARK'. It's already an international success and of course available in every language, so take a look. In the first episode you'll think it's a 'normal' series, but after the second episode you know it's something special.

(imdb rating)
quelhar

Post by quelhar »

BurningStorm wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 08:47
quelhar wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 13:52 German Netflix series Dark (IMDB score 8,8/10) is amazing. The third and final season was released a few days ago.
:applause:
I couldn't watch the 3rd season so far, maybe next week. Normally I am not a fan of German movies or series, most of them are crap, but this one is indeed very good.

btw: I've mentioned the series 2,5 years ago in this thread after watching season one:
BurningStorm wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 08:43 Just finished watching the first ever German Netflix series 'DARK'. It's already an international success and of course available in every language, so take a look. In the first episode you'll think it's a 'normal' series, but after the second episode you know it's something special.

(imdb rating)
I really hope that this show gets huge international recognition, it is one of the best shows I have seen in recent years. And to do this without any major actor stars, mostly by clever screenplay and storytelling, that is pretty remarkable. Oh, and the soundtrack (at least in season 3) is also great.
SK Slavia Praha fan
Zuri

Post by Zuri »

Watched Nocturnal Animals last night on TV. Strange film
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

Ha, just about to finish the first season of Dark. Last episode remaining. (Maybe afte closing the computer :) )
I had to draw the family trees to understand better who is who. Still am mixing persons up I'm afraid. And I am already at the end of season one.
It is great absolutely. Though Ialso see how it goes for some time now. I hope there will be some twitch in the end. I'm watching it for the storyplot, not for just seeing the people develop.....
And curious how you can extend it in a second and third season.
angel_87

Post by angel_87 »

Walled In on Amazon Prime Video https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walled_In
fantastic Mischa Barton :tongue:
the building built by Malestrazza is however really beautiful and through the walls you can see it in the various rooms
seso

Post by seso »

I watched Léon again after many years! Great film!
angel_87

Post by angel_87 »

Blood Glacier (Amazon Prime Video) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2299206/

Atlantis: Milo's Return (Disney+) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0344864/
how to return to children... :mrgreen:

however, i see low marks for both, i liked them and i had never seen them... :roll:
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Watched again Sicario I and Sicario: Day of the Soldado with Benicio Del Toro

Great movies...

levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Tenet: 7,9/10

Another masterpiece by Christopher Nolan, but the concept was not easy to understand from the firth watch and thats why I guess it will stay bellow Interstellar.

I was fine, but some friends of mine report that they feel sick, after Tenet watch on IMAX theatre. Maybe because of all that inverse movement and loud sound.

quelhar

Post by quelhar »

levski.bg wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 07:38 Tenet: 7,9/10

Another masterpiece by Christopher Nolan, but the concept was not easy to understand from the firth watch and thats why I guess it will stay bellow Interstellar.

I was fine, but some friends of mine report that they feel sick, after Tenet watch on IMAX theatre. Maybe because of all that inverse movement and loud sound.

I watched Tenet in regular cinema with some up-to-date sound system and it was ok, though I can imagine biggest screen and louder sounds could indeed make some people uncomfortable.
Otherwise, Tenet is fine but probably too clever for regular audience. For Nolan I rate this below both Interstellar and Inception.
SK Slavia Praha fan
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

quelhar wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 09:22 I watched Tenet in regular cinema with some up-to-date sound system and it was ok, though I can imagine biggest screen and louder sounds could indeed make some people uncomfortable.
Otherwise, Tenet is fine but probably too clever for regular audience. For Nolan I rate this below both Interstellar and Inception.
I completely agree with you.

For me, Interstellar is one of the best movies, ever.
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Switching the channels I've found this film - the history of violence - just started. American gangster film - what else - interesting story. Viggo Mortensen, Ed Harris, William Hurt play the main characters.