European Licences 2016-2017

including formats, draws, seedings, etc.
Kol7

Post by Kol7 »

Not sure if anyone cares:) but in case. Moldova -all clubs that qualified or may qualify to European Cups got their licenses today
Gorandinho

Post by Gorandinho »

Mouscron (Belgium) has no european licence
SteffenM

Post by SteffenM »

UPDATE

Austria:
Azerbaijan: İnter Baku (banned from UEFA competitions 1 out of next 3 seasons)
Belarus:
Belgium: Mouscron (no UEFA license)
Bosnien and H.: Radnik Bijeljina (not requested UEFA license), Čelik Zenica and Borac Banja Luka (financial troubles)
Bulgarian: CSKA Sofia (failed FFP, banned from UEFA competitions)
Croatia:
Cyprus:
Czech Rep.: Sparta Prague (FFP investigations)
Denmark: All fine
England: Cardiff (failed FFP, transferban), Hull City (FFP investigations)
France: Monaco (FFP investigations)
Germany: Wolfsburg (FFP investigations)
Greece: Panionios and PAS Giannena (FFP suspended by UEFA)
Italy: Roma (under FFP investigations), Genoa (FFP suspended by UEFA), AC Milan and Inter (Signed FFP deal with UEFA)
Latvia: Skonto Riga (Financial problems, didn't obtain either domestic or UEFA licens)
Moldova: All fine
Netherlands: Twente (banned from UEFA competitions 3 years. Under investigation by domestic FA)
Norway:
Poland:
Portugal: Sporting Clube (FFP investigations)
Romania: Târgu Mureş (banned from UEFA competitions 1 out of next 3 seasons)
Russia: Dynamo Moscow (FFP suspended by UEFA) Lokomotiv Moscov, Rostov and Krasnodar (FFP investigations)
Scotland:
Spain: Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid (transfer of unlegal youngsters, transferban)
Sweden:
Switzerland:
Turkey: Galatsary (failed FFP, banned from UEFA competitions 1/2 next seasons), Bursaspor (failed FFP, banned from UEFA competitions) and Beşiktaş, Fenerbace, Trabzonspor (FFP investigations)
Ukraine: Dnipro (Financial problems, banned from UEFA competitions at least 1 seasons) Metalist Karkiv and Chornomorets (FFP investigations)
Gorandinho

Post by Gorandinho »

Cardiff's owner Vincent Tan also owns KV Kortrijk so what happens is if Cardiff want to sign new players he simply buys them with KV Kortrijk and then loans them to Cardiff. For example Kenneth Zohore.
SteffenM

Post by SteffenM »

Gorandinho wrote:Cardiff's owner Vincent Tan also owns KV Kortrijk so what happens is if Cardiff want to sign new players he simply buys them with KV Kortrijk and then loans them to Cardiff. For example Kenneth Zohore.
Yeah, sad thing.
I don't understand how come it is allowed to loan players, if you can't buy them. Seems as a major loophole.

Also instead of buing a club, Cardiff could in theory just as good, loan a player for 3 seasons
AnelZ

Post by AnelZ »

It is funny when one person owns more clubs... Vincent Tan also owns FK Sarajevo and basically Kortrijk bought a player from them for far more money then he is really worth.
Doživjeti možda neću da prođeš u finale
i da velikog Reala pobjediš na penale...
og2002gr

Post by og2002gr »

SteffenM wrote:UPDATE

Both teams have obtained licences and are eligible for european competitions.
fewer spots :arrow: weaker leagues :arrow: fewer spots :arrow: weaker leagues :arrow: fewer spots :arrow: weaker leagues

http://kassiesa.net/uefa/forum2/viewtop ... 52#p359852
SteffenM

Post by SteffenM »

og2002gr wrote:
SteffenM wrote:UPDATE

Both teams have obtained licences and are eligible for european competitions.
You are seriously saying there is no more problems in Greece? :shock:
Michael S Collins

Post by Michael S Collins »

In Scotland, the 4 will be: Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts and Rangers or Hibs. There is no news beyond a lot of blog yelling about Rangers, but the Daily Record seem to think they'll get in no bother. As usual up here, we'll find out last minute about anything because the press are very myopic.
AnelZ

Post by AnelZ »

In Bosnia and Herzegovina these clubs got the European Licenses on the first instance Commission:

HŠK Zrinjski Mostar
FK Sloboda Tuzla
FK Željezničar Sarajevo
NK Široki Brijeg
FK Sarajevo
FK Radnik Bijeljina
FK Mladost Kakanj
NK Travnik

Other clubs still have the right to make a complain to the Appeals Commission with a deadline of 8 days. I don't think anyone will complain as none of the other clubs can reach European competitions anymore. I'm surprised how many clubs got the European license, just few years ago barely four clubs were able to get it and now already eight which is a positive development :)

Out of the 16 clubs playing currently the Premier League of Bosnia and Herzegovina, four didn't even get the license for the Premier League of Bosnia and Herzegovina for the next season and those are:

FK Slavija I. Sarajevo
FK Borac Banja Luka
FK Drina Zvornik (relegated already)
FK Velež Mostar (relegated already)

The clubs still have the right to complain to the Appeals Commission with a deadline of 8 days.
matt

Post by matt »

AnelZ wrote:In Bosnia and Herzegovina these clubs got the European Licenses on the first instance Commission:

HŠK Zrinjski Mostar
FK Sloboda Tuzla
FK Željezničar Sarajevo
NK Široki Brijeg
FK Sarajevo
FK Radnik Bijeljina
FK Mladost Kakanj
NK Travnik

Other clubs still have the right to make a complain to the Appeals Commission with a deadline of 8 days. I don't think anyone will complain as none of the other clubs can reach European competitions anymore. I'm surprised how many clubs got the European license, just few years ago barely four clubs were able to get it and now already eight which is a positive development :)

Out of the 16 clubs playing currently the Premier League of Bosnia and Herzegovina, four didn't even get the license for the Premier League of Bosnia and Herzegovina for the next season and those are:

FK Slavija I. Sarajevo
FK Borac Banja Luka
FK Drina Zvornik (relegated already)
FK Velež Mostar (relegated already)

The clubs still have the right to complain to the Appeals Commission with a deadline of 8 days.
So Olimpic Sarajevo obtained the European licence last year, but not this year...
International break hater
AnelZ

Post by AnelZ »

They most probably didn't even apply for it as they are just fighting to not get relegated.
SteffenM

Post by SteffenM »

Might be stupid question of the day.

Not sure whenever this link have been posted before or not.
http://www.uefa.org/MultimediaFiles/Dow ... WNLOAD.pdf

Can you help me understand page 35 - "11 settlement agreements with the ‘long-term’ objective
of break-even"
and page 36 - "12 settlement agreements with the ‘short-term’ objective
of break-even compliance"?

So the teams with long-term agreements (p35),
Man. City, PSG, Monaco, Inter, Roma, Zenit, Rubin Kazan, Lokomotiv Moskva, Krasnodar, FC Anji
Makhachkala and Besiktas

- All are decreased in the number of players they can have in their squad? For UEFA competition I guess this is?
- And they can all do transfers?

UNCONDITIONAL is what they need to pay no matter
CONDITIONAL are depending on something else?

FINANCIAL COVENANTS, what's this?

_____

So the teams with short-term agreements (p36),
Levski Sofia, Tel Aviv, Panathinaikos, Hull, CSKA Sofia, Galatasaray, Rostov, Kardemir, Sporting Club, Ruch Chorzów, Trabzonspor and Bursaspor

- None of the teams can do transfers?
- Only Sporting club are decreased in players in squad?*

*If I remeber right Sporting Club have just bought a striker called Spalvis?
Duketown

Post by Duketown »

The rules give a lot of headroom for the UEFA to punish clubs on a individual basis. UEFA can punish with a fine, squad deduction, transferban and/or exclusion. But clubs first get public warning and finally the clubs can sign a "voluntary" agreement (like Gala, Milan, etc.). By then, UEFA already is closely monitoring finances and the goal of this agreement is to reduce cost towards break-even. Not complying can mean either a settlement agreement or even direct punishment. UEFA publishes bulletins with individual punishments around 3 times a year.

This flexibility is needed for UEFA to deals with 100s of clubs from 50+ member states divided over 3 continents. However, unification is the goal. That's why UEFA has been not as strict in Eastern and Middeterenian clubs as it is towards Western clubs. i.e. If Italy had German or Dutch rules, only 3 clubs would have gotten a license for last season. Imagine what would happen to Turkey, Greece or Eastern European clubs ;-)

UEFA had to start somewhere but now they raise the bar. However, UEFA strongest card to fight fair, are "License Agreements". Those yearly application form the foundation of all UEFA's actions. This is how UEFA can address national FA's. This how corruption, matchfixing and the like can be fought. Last years new rules made quite an impact in Greece, Turkey and Eastern Europe.

Remember: current FFP rules are easy, mostly targeted toward tax debts, debts to players and debts among clubs. The hardest part of football debts are those involving public money. Most of those debts are related with stadiums and mis-management from the past. In this fight, UEFA has a strong ally in European Commission and Parliament. So currently, focus is to up the regulation with all the less developed national FA's. In the meanwhile, quite some clubs are on the verge of being transformed: from community-style clubs to more private owner clubs.

Note: in a few days, UEFA will publish latest announcements. I'm really curious, specifically about TPO-related news around Iberian clubs.
Last edited by Duketown on Wed May 04, 2016 19:28, edited 6 times in total.
Interested in football economics, trends, TPO, FFP, annual reports, stadium development & transfers. Accurate sources are Football leaks, UEFA club reports 2016, UEFA benchmark reports, KPMG, Deloitte, Asser Institute, CIES, FifPro.
SteffenM

Post by SteffenM »

Thanks, and that make sense. :)

But you didn't answer my question(s) ;)