Bulgarian Football Season 2016/2017

Domestic league and cup football
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Bulgaria`s "A" national team squad for the qualifiers against France and Sweden

Bulgaria Head Coach Petar Hubchev has named a 24-man group for the World Cup Qualifiers against France (07.10.2016, Paris) and Sweden (10.10.2016, Solna).

Bulgaria`s squad:

Goalkeepers: Bozhidar Mitrev (Sheriff, Moldova), Vladislav Stoyanov (Ludogorets), Blagoy Makendzhiev (Beroe);

Defenders: Strahil Popov (Kasampasha, Turkey), Vasil Bozhikov (Kasampasha, Turkey), Zhivko Milanov (APOEL, Cyprus), Anton Nedyalkov (CSKA-Sofia), Bozhidar Chorbadhiyski (CSKA-Sofia), Aleksandar Dragomirov Aleksandrov (Levski), Dimitar Pirgov (Levski), Yordan Minev (Ludogorets);

Midfielders and Forwards: Svetoslav Dyakov (Ludogorets), Martin Raynov (Lokomotiv Plovdiv), Mihail Aleksandrov (Legia Warsaw, Poland), Georgi Kostadinov (Levski), Ivaylo Chochev (Palermo, Italy), Simeon Slavchev (Lechia, Gdansk, Poland), Georgi Milanov (CSKA Moscow, Russia), Marcelo Nascimento da Costa - Marcelinho (Ludogorets), Todor Nedelev (Botev Plovdiv), Alexander Tonev (Crotone, Italy), Dimitar Rangelov (Konyaspor, Turkey), Ivelin Popov (Spartak Moscow, Russia), Andrey Galabinov (Novara, Italy).
I have a blue house with a blue window.
Blue is the colour of all that I wear.
Blue are the streets and all the trees are too.
I have a girlfriend and she is so blue.
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Two goals from Kevin Gameiro helped France return to winning ways with a 4-1 thumping of Bulgaria in Friday's World Cup qualifier in Paris.

The striker, who made the move from Sevilla to Atletico Madrid in the summer, was making his first start for France since November 2011. He made the most of it as Didier Deschamps' side came from behind to record their first victory in Group A and put last month's disappointing stalemate with Belarus behind them.

France are second in Group A, sandwiched between The Netherlands and Sweden. All three teams are level on points, winning one match and drawing the other. (QNA)
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

he Bulgarian national football team has suffered a 3:0 loss from Sweden within the 2018 World Cup qualifiers.

Monday's defeat comes only days after a 1:4 defeat by France.

These results have dashed all hope for Bulgaria to get into a group for the tournament in Russia.
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

The Bulgarian Under-21 national team lost against Denmark U21 in its penultimate qualifier for EURO 2017.

Ingvartsen fired in a hat-trick. The striker was accurate in the 13th, 28th and 62nd minutes of the game which was played at “Beroe” Stadium in Stara Zagora.

The Lions also had good goalscoring opportunities but Nenov, Terziev, Atanasov and Despodov missed their chances.
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Bulgaria U21 ended with a win its participation in EURO 2017 qualifiers

Bulgaria Under-21 national team ended with a win in the qualifiers for EURO 2017. Antoni Zdravkov`s players beat Romania with 2:0 at "Beroe" stadium in Stara Zagora. Thus the young “lions” finished in second place in the group standings, something which happens for the first time since 2001 in a group with more than three teams. 15 years ago Dimitar Alexiev`s team also finished in second place after a defeat against the Czech Republic in Teplice in its last match. Interestingly, back than Denmark was once again in our group.

The national players played an excellent match and dominated on the pitch. The match started well for the young "lions" who opened the score in the 16th minute. Alexander Vasilev crossed from the left side, Despodov tried to score, the ball ricocheted off the post but Toni Tasev was in the right place and found the net for 1:0.

Soon after Alexander Vasilev tried to surprise the goalie with a long shot but the ball went wide.

In the 35th minute Bulgaria doubled its lead. Malinov made a through ball to Vutov in the box. Lecce`s midfielder crossed to Despodov who missed the ball, but Alexander Georgiev was at the right place to score for 2:0.

In the end of the first part Georgi Kitanov had to intervene saving Tudorie`s shot.

Five minutes after the break the result could have been 3:0. Malinov crossed to Vutov, who shot, but the goalie saved.

A few minutes later Milcho Angelov came from the bench and could have scored but his header went wide.

By the end the result remained unchanged and so Bulgaria completed its qualifying campaign with a deserved victory.

Thus Bulgaria finished in second place with 17 points in Group 5. However, our boys failed to qualify for the play-offs. Romania is in third place with 16 points. Denmark won the first place with 28 points and qualified for the EURO 2017 finals in Poland. Wales, Luxembourg and Armenia finished in last three positions with 16, 6 and 1 points respectively.

Bulgaria – Romania 2:0

Goalscorers: Toni Tasev (16), Aleksander Georgiev (35)

Yellow cards: Galabov, Vasilev (Bulgaria); Olteanu, Nedelcu (Romania)

BULGARIA: 1. Kitanov, 19. Vasilev, 5. Galabov, 8. Gamakov - C., 17 Terziev, 18. Kolev, 15. Malinov, 14. Georgiev, 21. Tasev (78-Yuliyan Nenov), 20. Vutov (74-Serkan Yusein), 7. Despodov (63-Milcho Angelov)

Coach: Antoni Zdravkov

Romania: 12. Cojocaru (GK), 4. Olteanu, 6. Miron, 15. ?iru (C), 3. Hodorogea, 13. Popescu (59-Gradinaru), 16. Nedelcu (78-Cristea), 10. Bumba, 11. Capa?ina (82-Manea), 20. Calcan, 9. Tudorie

Coach: Cristian Dulca (ROU)
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Bulgaria U19 lost 1:2 to England in a friendly match played in Wycombe.

England were utterly dominant in the first half and took the lead through Marcus Edwards.

A slick passing move saw captain Tom Davies square the ball to Edwards from the right, who hammered home with his weaker right foot in the ninth minute.

Bulgaria should have equalised on 23 minutes after capitalising on a lapse from keeper Aynsley Pears, however Valentin Yoskov’s shot was too weak and went straight at defender Cameron Humphreys, who was covering on the goal-line.

Our team levelled the game on 70 minutes though, after a superb through ball by Petar Genchev found the feet of Ivanov inside the area with only half-time substitute Will Mannion in the England goal to beat, and the Bulgaria forward slotted the ball in the bottom right hand corner.

Even though Bulgaria was exceptionally well organized in defending, Sterling won the game for England in the additional time with the last kick of the match, meeting a superb lofted free-kick into the box from the right side by Sam Field with a powerful header below the body of Slavi Petrov.

The friendly match was part of the preparation for the upcoming qualifying round for EURO 2017. Bulgaria is the host of group 8 from 10th to 15th November and will face the teams of Portugal, Denmark and Belarus.

Bulgaria U19: 1 Daniel Naumov (Slavi Petrov – 45’), 4 Angel Lyaskov, 5 Alex Petkov (Vladislav Zhikov – 88’), 7 Ivaylo Naydenov, 8 Ivaylo Klimentov (Stanislav Ivanov – 58’), 9 Valentin Yoskov (Ivan Kirev – 58’), 10 Iliyan Stefanov (Ivan Tilev – 45’), 11 Svetoslav Kovachev (Ilia Djamov – 78’), 14 Petar Genchev, 15 Petko Hristov, 18 Mariyan Dimitrov (Andrea Hristov – 45’)

Head coach: Angel Stoykov

England U19: 1 Aynsley Pears (Middlesbrough); 2 Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), 3 Jay DaSilva (Chelsea), 5 Cameron Humphreys (Manchester City), 6 Easah Suliman (Cheltenham Town on loan from Aston Villa); 4 Tom Davies (Everton) (c), 7 Isaac Buckley-Ricketts (Manchester City), 8 Sam Field (West Bromwich Albion), 10 Marcus Edwards (Tottenham Hotspur); 9 Stephy Mavididi (Arsenal) 11, Andre Green (Aston Villa).

Substitutes: 14 Dujon Sterling (Chelsea) for Buckle-Ricketts 40, 13 Will Mannion (Hull City) for Pears H/T, 16 Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham) for Green 60, 17 Adetayo Edun (Fulham) for Davies 60, 12 Trevor Chalobah (Chelsea) for Alexander-Arnold 71, 15 Darnell Johnson (Leicester City) for Edwards 85, 18 Chris Willock (Arsenal) for Humphreys 85.

Substitutes not used: 22 Aaron Ramsdale (Sheffield United)

Head Coach: Keith Downing

Goal scorers: Edwards 9, Sterling 93 (England), Ivanov 70 (Bulgaria)
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Bulgaria Under-16 national team recorded a loss and a victory against Niedersachsen U16 in two friendlies, played in Sofia, Bulgaria.

The first game which was played at “Tsarsko selo” Sports Complex on Sunday, 9th and ended with a 1:0 victory for the visitors. Malte Vengerovski was accurate in the 53rd minute.

The goalie Ivan Dichevski made a couple of good saves. Martin Minchev and Stanislav Shopov could have leveled the game, but missed their chances.

Bulgaria: Ivan Dichevski – C., Dimitar Radoslavov Balinov, Gabriel Zemyarski, Tomislav Papazov, Aleksander Makris (59-Dimitar Blagoev Balinov), Kristiyan Varbanov (55-Ivan Angelov), Stanislav Shopov, Iyad Hamud (70-Aleksander Bakalov), Vladimir Nikolov (66-Filip Krastev), Kristian Dobrev (41-Luchezar Georgiev), Martin Minchev (67-Ivan Vasilev)

Coach: Viktorio Pavlov
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Valeri Bozinov with 5 goals in Serbian Super Liga from the season start.

LeRonio

Post by LeRonio »

Levski right now are first in the Bulgarian league, can they be the real contender for Ludogorets ? Or Ludogorets is still a big favorite to win the league ?
Todor

Post by Todor »

LeRonio wrote:Levski right now are first in the Bulgarian league, can they be the real contender for Ludogorets ? Or Ludogorets is still a big favorite to win the league ?
Levski are two points ahead, but Ludogorets have a game in hand, so effectively they are already first. The only chance for Levski in my opinion is Ludogorets to drop some points while they are still distracted by their European matches. If by the time Ludogorets are out of Europe, Levski don't have a 5-6 points advantage, it will be virtually impossible for them to win the title. The reality is that Ludogorets at the moment are just better than the rest of the pack.
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Two goals by Valeri Bozhinov for Partizan 2 - Zarkovo 0 in Serbian Cup. Very good second goal.

Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYrXByKEmm8
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »