Italian football season 2016-17

Domestic league and cup football
Thunder_PT

Post by Thunder_PT »

Sassuolo deducted 3 points for using a player that hadn't been announced for the squad of that game. :o
SteffenM

Post by SteffenM »

Thunder_PT wrote:Sassuolo deducted 3 points for using a player that hadn't been announced for the squad of that game. :o
Wow, and this is instead of the normal "loosing 0-3"?
Seems as a good way to handle it.
max tre

Post by max tre »

SteffenM wrote:
Thunder_PT wrote:Sassuolo deducted 3 points for using a player that hadn't been announced for the squad of that game. :o
Wow, and this is instead of the normal "loosing 0-3"?
Seems as a good way to handle it.
Nah, it's a "normal" 0-3 defloss. And it sounds better than a 3 pts deduction to me :wink:.
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Lorric wrote:Joe Hart is coming to Torino:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37216083

Unexpected.
After all, this move to Italy has hit him hard, if the look on his face as he arrived in Turin this week are anything to go by, Hart’s face making a slapped arse look like a vision of happiness. :lol:
Nobody wanted the world class goalie back home in England, but even Torino will be disappointed if they`re thinking of buying a cheerleader. :lol:
max tre

Post by max tre »

League table after (MD 3):
Juventus 9
Napoli, Roma 7
Genoa*, Samp, Udinese, Bologna 6
Pescara, Chievo, Lazio, Inter 4
Torino, Fiorentina*, Atalanta, Milan, Empoli, Sassuolo 3
Cagliari, Palermo 1
Crotone 0

*Genoa-Fiorentina postponed because of rain.

And... Chievo coach just got a 1 match ban because of a... blasphemy. :? Some info here.
The rule is not anything new (well, they apply this rule when they want - just look at Buffon after a conceded goal lol), but I discovered this episode. It was Como-Juve in 1975, minute 89, and the referee awarded a free kick ( :shock: this was actually new to me) because he sweared in order to spur his team keeping the ball possesion (the result was 2-1). Consequently, Juve scored the 2-2 goal converting that free kick. :|
nemesys

Post by nemesys »

max tre wrote:well, they apply this rule when they want
I did not follow the specific case.

However, generically speaking, it depends if such swear is offensive or aggressive towards anyone on the pitch or the stands.

For instance:

- minute 80, down 0-1 and trying hard to equalize, a 25m shoot, goalie beaten, the ball hits the inside of the corner of the crossbar and post (nel sette, you would say) and bounces back on the pitch, the player swears for frustration, the referee hears it and doesn't take disciplinary action: the cursing was not offending anyone;

- a player swears every time he or a teammate loses ball possession, he or a teammate misses a shoot or a pass, and so on, the referee takes disciplinary action: the cursing gets offensive and annoying;

- a player suffers a foul, he is in pain, curses, and the referee does not take disciplinary action: this is not offensive to anyone;

- a player suffers a foul, gets up, goes harshly complain to the opponent who replies, they start insulting each other: this is offensive and the referee takes disciplinary action;

- a player complains to the referee lacking respect in his wording: this is offensive and the referee takes disciplinary action;

- a player swears to the opposite fans on the stands: this is offensive and the referee takes disciplinary action;

- and so on.

Outside the pitch, in common places, we pretty much use the same conventions in judging people bahaviours when cursing.
Gone.
Todor

Post by Todor »

max tre wrote:League table after (MD 3):
Juventus 9
Napoli, Roma 7
Genoa*, Samp, Udinese, Bologna 6
Pescara, Chievo, Lazio, Inter 4
Torino, Fiorentina*, Atalanta, Milan, Empoli, Sassuolo 3
Cagliari, Palermo 1
Crotone 0

*Genoa-Fiorentina postponed because of rain.

And... Chievo coach just got a 1 match ban because of a... blasphemy. :? Some info here.
The rule is not anything new (well, they apply this rule when they want - just look at Buffon after a conceded goal lol), but I discovered this episode. It was Como-Juve in 1975, minute 89, and the referee awarded a free kick ( :shock: this was actually new to me) because he sweared in order to spur his team keeping the ball possesion (the result was 2-1). Consequently, Juve scored the 2-2 goal converting that free kick. :|
What did exactly he say?
nemesys

Post by nemesys »

Todor wrote:What did exactly he say?
Likely a couple of swearwords, curses or blasphemous profanities. And likely he was not even sent off by the referee, the issue seems to be that TVs caught him live, and disciplinary board acted consequently later: if this is the case, AFAIK, in Serie A, for such scenario to happen, the episode MUST be COMPLETELY ABSENT on the referee match resume report: in other words, unless this changed in these last years, the referee must have completely missed the episode for the TV proof to be considered, so in such cases the referees have really no responsibility for such bans, it is uniquely the sport disciplinary board. I don't care enough and don't have time to make a specific research on the issue, sorry, others will likely be more precise; however, I guess that the internet will be already full of ridiculous flames on this, after all, little insignificant issue: a coach will watch the next match from a Sky Box, that's it. :)
Gone.
AlanK
Location: Salem, Oregon and Barcelona, Spain; occasionally Lisboa

Post by AlanK »

nemesys wrote:
Likely a couple of swearwords, curses or blasphemous profanities. And likely he was not even sent off by the referee, the issue seems to be that TVs caught him live, and disciplinary board acted consequently later: if this is the case, AFAIK, in Serie A, for such scenario to happen, the episode MUST be COMPLETELY ABSENT on the referee match resume report: in other words, unless this changed in these last years, the referee must have completely missed the episode for the TV proof to be considered, so in such cases the referees have really no responsibility for such bans, it is uniquely the sport disciplinary board. I don't care enough and don't have time to make a specific research on the issue, sorry, others will likely be more precise; however, I guess that the internet will be already full of ridiculous flames on this, after all, little insignificant issue: a coach will watch the next match from a Sky Box, that's it. :)
I dunno, maybe we need some clarification of various "swearwords" in the linguistic section. We could label any post containing such "NOT FOR VIRGIN EARS" :P :P :P

Anything posted should be sufficient to be worthy of immediate expulsion, such as Mascherano's reported "la concha de tu madre"--said, I seem to remember, to (or just in the hearing of) a linesman. :oops: I seem to be going "a bit" :P :offtopic:
"Past performance is no guarantee of future results."
max tre

Post by max tre »

Well, I'm not gonna transcribe them, but he matched "God" with a couple of animal names.
Those ones are the most common blasphemies, and they should be punished according to our penal code - that's only in theory. In practice, they are kinda tolerated in informal contexts, but don't say them at work or similar. Provided that I don't use them and it's in any case a bad attitude, I also know there're people who just grew up surrounded by them and they really need to control themselves to avoid a blasphemy in the momentum something unexpected/undesired happens. When it's a kid who wants to look "older" or when they are obviously faked/exaggerated just because, here you have what I consider a very bad thing - they can easily abstain from doing it.
I guess the problem here was that the camera caught him (yes nemesys, the rule is still the same) and that he had even more bad luck (since, as I said, the rule is obviously not always applied).
The problem about Correnti is that I could imagine a yellow cart for offences (mmh), not a free kick.
nemesys

Post by nemesys »

AlanK wrote:I dunno, maybe we need some clarification of various "swearwords" in the linguistic section.
I don't think that Bert would appreciate it. :nono: :mrgreen:
Gone.
nemesys

Post by nemesys »

max tre wrote:The problem about Correnti is that I could imagine a yellow cart for offences (mmh), not a free kick.
Who/what is "Correnti"? :confused:
Gone.
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

I have a question to our Italian friends.

Why Inter and Milan are doing so poor, year by year ? Is there a particular reason or is it the result of bad management ?
As these clubs have been sold to Chinese groups, many people including myself expected them to rise again. But even if Serie A gets 4 CL spots it doesn't look like either Inter or Milan will get one of those.

They may be historically important european teams but nowadays no one is scared of them anymore. Inter losing at home to Israeli champions yesterday.. it feels like their CL title a few years ago was just a dream. :roll:
Black Eagles 1903
AlanK
Location: Salem, Oregon and Barcelona, Spain; occasionally Lisboa

Post by AlanK »

nemesys wrote:
AlanK wrote:I dunno, maybe we need some clarification of various "swearwords" in the linguistic section.
I don't think that Bert would appreciate it. :nono: :mrgreen:
I bow to your superior wisdom on this issue. :wink:
"Past performance is no guarantee of future results."
nemesys

Post by nemesys »

bjkman1903 wrote:I have a question to our Italian friends.

Why Inter and Milan are doing so poor, year by year ? Is there a particular reason or is it the result of bad management ?
As these clubs have been sold to Chinese groups, many people including myself expected them to rise again. But even if Serie A gets 4 CL spots it doesn't look like either Inter or Milan will get one of those.

They may be historically important european teams but nowadays no one is scared of them anymore. Inter losing at home to Israeli champions yesterday.. it feels like their CL title a few years ago was just a dream. :roll:
AC Milan had an unbelievable winning cycle of about 25 years, with 5 EC/CL won, and 3 other lost finals (Maldini played all 8!), in which it was financially a dominant club, and neglected the youth system. An end of cycle was unavoidable at some point.

Inter was Moratti's personal toy, and eventually after the triplete and something like 5 consecutive domestic titles IIRC, the guy got tired of spending money year after year: to do what his father did in the '60 was an accomplished task.

Foreign investors don't all go negative economically wise like the PSG owner: some care about the economic balance a lot. They want their image to get popular on newspapers, but likely not throw tons of money away to win.

Of course, there is a lot more to say, but it would take forever.

However, be certain that the next domestic title not in Juventus hands, will extremely likely be in Inter or AC Milan hands. And that the next not Spanish, not English, not German CL title, will most likely be an AC Milan title. That's the way Serie A and Champions League always worked, and even more so in the last 30 years. :wink:
Gone.