The bloody race for 6th place between France and Portugal

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
AlanK
Location: Salem, Oregon and Barcelona, Spain; occasionally Lisboa

Post by AlanK »

Malko wrote:Lyon also won vs Bayern some years ago......i still remeber the goal from Wiltord. Yes, it's some years ago......but nothing says it won't happen again ...
And, obviously, nothing says that it will. While recent history suggests that you won't even get a shot at it. But hey, I hope you do get one. The games we don't play prove nothing. The games we do play say it ALL. Digo :!:
"Past performance is no guarantee of future results."
Zarastro

Post by Zarastro »

So in short, games from 7 years ago count as precedence, but not games from 3 years ago.
Malko

Post by Malko »

well......so Lyon could not do what Cologne did....seems a little unlikely.......yes, in 0 games, Cologne would lose 8 times vs Bayern, but this one they did not....so Lyon also can beat Bayern on a good day......as they even can beat Paris on a very good day.
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

Malko wrote:well......so Lyon could not do what Cologne did....seems a little unlikely.......yes, in 0 games, Cologne would lose 8 times vs Bayern, but this one they did not....so Lyon also can beat Bayern on a good day......as they even can beat Paris on a very good day.
NO, NO, NO, NIX, NOT :!: :!: "Los partidos hay que jugarlos." Why not concentrate on the games your teams have gotta play, rather than the ones they don't :?: Maybe because if they don't win the games they gotta play, then your thesis is exploded :?: :mrgreen: Lyon gotta play Juve twice. If they go out there and beat them one of those two--or even get a tie in one game--then chapeau to Lyon. If not, not.

Just think of the alternative conclusion from the Bayern-Cologne game :arrow: Lyon could obviously not beat Cologne :!: :!:
Malko

Post by Malko »

"Lyon could obviously not beat Cologne" LOL.....

yes, Juve is a challenge for Lyon ? But as big as Sevilla was? Where they lost only 0-1 very unluckily?
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

Malko wrote:"Lyon could obviously not beat Cologne" LOL.....

yes, Juve is a challenge for Lyon ? But as big as Sevilla was? Where they lost only 0-1 very unluckily?
So what conclusion do arrive at :?: Does Lyon have any tiny chance whatsoever to beat Juve in the next game :?: Of course they do IMO--but NOT because "they lost only 0-1 very unluckily" to Sevilla. You're caught up in this thing of "if X can beat Y, then Z can beat Y." Maybe Z can beat Y, and maybe they can't, depending on whether they play better than or are luckier than Y. What you've said is even worse: Bayern failed to beat Cologne, and therefore Lyon could beat Bayern." In reality, you can't be sure that Cologne wouldn't wax Lyon really good :!: :P But I digress, cause now we're into games that not only weren't played, we're into games that won't be played. Kinda like if I said, "Hey, Osasuna would obviously beat Lyon." :P
ignjat63

Post by ignjat63 »

Talking to Malko is like talking to a Jehovah's witness. Or worse. :|
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

ignjat63 wrote:Talking to Malko is like talking to a Jehovah's witness. Or worse. :|
Indeed. And I must confess, :amstupid: :amstupid: :amstupid: for doing it.
Malko

Post by Malko »

Osawhat? they play in the category of Lorient and Freiburg.
jmf

Post by jmf »

Malko wrote:well......so Lyon could not do what Cologne did....seems a little unlikely.......yes, in 0 games, Cologne would lose 8 times vs Bayern, but this one they did not....so Lyon also can beat Bayern on a good day......as they even can beat Paris on a very good day.
Lyon took a lesson of football against AA Gent last year, but today is strong enough to beat Munich... Did you find a gourou with gri-gri from Africa ?
Malko

Post by Malko »

jmf, Lyon has a much better team this year.But i agree, Belgiam football is improving the last years, and i am happy for that.....in the 70s, it was number 2 in UEFA ranking, before France......but they missed the money-train......France has to react not to miss the money-TGV now.....
jmf

Post by jmf »

Malko wrote:jmf, Lyon has a much better team this year.But i agree, Belgiam football is improving the last years, and i am happy for that.....in the 70s, it was number 2 in UEFA ranking, before France......but they missed the money-train......France has to react not to miss the money-TGV now.....
That's not the point Malko.
Malko

Post by Malko »

jmf, what i wanted to say is that the result of Gent vs lyon was a real surprise and a bad bad result for Lyon, in no way according to their reputation .
Kutuz_off

Post by Kutuz_off »

Malko's trolling* is like a piece of performance art. I've never seen in other places people continuing to respond to statements like his for, what has it been, years now? The entire forum gets outraged every time he posts something ridiculous re:France. Just let it go already, you're not gonna change his opinion on anything. France #1!

* I think Malko posts out of his sincerely held beliefs, rather than "for the lols", but it still classifies as trolling in my book.
Malko

Post by Malko »

Kutuz...if french football weren't the best, not so many french players would be taken by the best teams in England and Spain.....The fact French teams do not win european cups is only due to the fact that every year, the teams who qualify for, have fo built up a new team the same season they have to play EC......