cycling

Anything football. NO POLITICS please.
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

I heared it was the birthday of the daughter of Vingegaard, A good reason to want to win the stage. :)
But yes Kuss helped big time to let Roglic win the Giro
Kuss helped big time to let Vingegaard win the Tour
It would only be fair to 'give' the Vuelta win to Kuss. Only thing Kuss needs to do is keep the other cyclists behind him.

Evenepoel taking revenge today? To go for the polka dot jersey? He had a 'rest' day of course yesterday, so will have a little extra today. THough suc a quick recovery is also remarkable. Mental problem also yesterday?
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

Falling so far behind the pack gave him enough freedom to escape.
He probably had some issue like Pogacar on tour, maybe bad nutricion or so, but when he felt he couldn't keep up, he just quit instead of fighting to cut losses to minimum like João Almeida did- which deserved him high praises from Alberto Contador and Pogacar for his mindset yesterday (friday).
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

Stage victory for Rui Costa, who will be 37 in 5 October. 4 GT win after a 2012 Tour win and 2 stages in 2013 Tour.
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

rpo.castro wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:54 Now neither he or Roglic won't attack Kuss or going in a escape.
Biy, I was so wrong.
Vingegaard really wants this Vuelta and will take it from Kuss tommorrow.
offside

Post by offside »

rpo.castro wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 00:12
rpo.castro wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:54 Now neither he or Roglic won't attack Kuss or going in a escape.
Biy, I was so wrong.
1. Sepp Kuss (Jumbo-Visma)
2. Jonas Vingegaard (Jumbo-Visma), +29''
3. Primoz Roglic (Jumbo-Visma), +1'33''

The Altu de L'Angliru is waiting them. :grin1:
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

offside wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 06:40
rpo.castro wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 00:12
Biy, I was so wrong.
2. Jonas Vingegaard (Jumbo-Visma), +29''
3. Primoz Roglic (Jumbo-Visma), +1'33''

The Altu de L'Angliru is waiting them. :grin1:
Angliru was yesterday!

2. Jonas Vingegaard (Jumbo-Visma), +8''
3. Primoz Roglic (Jumbo-Visma), +1'08''
offside

Post by offside »

rpo.castro wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:29Angliru was yesterday!
Uh? Ok... doh! :amstupid:
offside

Post by offside »

So (hoping that this time I am correct) today is the last mountain stage: Pola de Allande > La Cruz de Linares.
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

offside wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 14:47 So (hoping that this time I am correct) today is the last mountain stage: Pola de Allande > La Cruz de Linares.
You are right.
Remco Evenepoel won with a big margin.
In the GC, Kuss and Roglic arrived with a tiny margin ahead of Vingegaard.

Now Kuss leads with 17 seconds over Vingegaard.
offside

Post by offside »

So, Remco Evenepoel won dominating the last mountain stage; and neither Vingegaard nor Roglic attacked the teammate Kuss, which at this point is the huge favorite to win La Vuelta.
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

offside wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 18:31 So, Remco Evenepoel won dominating the last mountain stage; and neither Vingegaard nor Roglic attacked the teammate Kuss, which at this point is the huge favorite to win La Vuelta.
Seems that way, I didn't watch the stage (couldn't watch any stage since sunday).
offside

Post by offside »

rpo.castro wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 18:34
offside wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 18:31 So, Remco Evenepoel won dominating the last mountain stage; and neither Vingegaard nor Roglic attacked the teammate Kuss, which at this point is the huge favorite to win La Vuelta.
Seems that way, I didn't watch the stage (couldn't watch any stage since sunday).
Me neither, and I wish I could follow at least this last week: I watched the Giro where Roglic was impressive, and I watched the Tour where Vingegaard was impressive; so I guess this victory really makes Kuss a big protagonist.
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

i watched. Nothing happened. Vingegaard rode up in the pace Kuss could follow, Roglic did not attack.
Others were fighting among eachother but could not even get away from the jumbo-tree

It was clear Kuss gets the victory as long as he rode a reasonable good tempo, which he did.
In the end Ayuso tried to get away (last kilometer) and Kuss countered him (not needed, but he did anyway) Roglic followed Kuss. Vingegaard was happy with how it went, his second place was assured.....

THough I like Kuss winning, for watching the race it's killing
offside

Post by offside »

Ricardo wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 21:45 i watched. Nothing happened. Vingegaard rode up in the pace Kuss could follow, Roglic did not attack.
Others were fighting among eachother but could not even get away from the jumbo-tree

It was clear Kuss gets the victory as long as he rode a reasonable good tempo, which he did.
In the end Ayuso tried to get away (last kilometer) and Kuss countered him (not needed, but he did anyway) Roglic followed Kuss. Vingegaard was happy with how it went, his second place was assured.....

THough I like Kuss winning, for watching the race it's killing
Thanks for the report!
If Kuss, Roglic and Vingegaard were of three different teams, what a stage could have been!
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

Stage win for Wout Poels (on finish sprint over Remco Evenepoel who was again with a sh!tty face). The GC contenders arrived together with no attacks. Sepp Kuss will be crowned tomorrow.