cycling

Anything football. NO POLITICS please.
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

@Lorric Thomas Pidcock, first Britton to win Amstel Gold Race
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

rpo.castro wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 17:02 @Lorric Thomas Pidcock, first Britton to win Amstel Gold Race
:up:
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

rpo.castro wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 14:59 Lorena Wiebes celebrates (way) too early and lost Women's Amstel Gold Race to Marianne Von (carreer win #251).
https://www.eurosport.com/cycling/amste ... ideo.shtml
That's unbelievable. I was expecting her to have a lead and go coasting over the line just behind someone going hard, but the field is right there with her. How could she be so stupid? I then thought maybe she thought she was over the line but that's impossible too, you couldn't miss it. Just unfathomably stupid, however long that race is and all you have to do is keep the hammer down for one more second.
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

Lorric wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 17:32
rpo.castro wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 14:59 Lorena Wiebes celebrates (way) too early and lost Women's Amstel Gold Race to Marianne Von (carreer win #251).
That's unbelievable. I was expecting her to have a lead and go coasting over the line just behind someone going hard, but the field is right there with her. How could she be so stupid? I then thought maybe she thought she was over the line but that's impossible too, you couldn't miss it. Just unfathomably stupid, however long that race is and all you have to do is keep the hammer down for one more second.
But Pidcock did almost the same.
They thought they had enough advantage to celebrate. Lorena hadn't.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

rpo.castro wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 19:18
Why do they do it? Put all that work at risk for something you can still do if you just wait one second or more...
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

Lorric wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 19:22
rpo.castro wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 19:18

Why do they do it? Put all that work at risk for something you can still do if you just wait one second or more...
I m not a rider. Emotions? Release?