What other sports do you follow?

Anything football. NO POLITICS please.
EarlofBug

Post by EarlofBug »

seso wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 07:46 Big wins for Oly and Pana and they are close to qualifying to the Final-4!
Let’s see if Fenerbahçe will also make it today.

The 18,000 tickets for the Pana-Maccabi match 5 were sold within 6 hours!
Yes, great series so far between Maccabi and PAO.
seso

Post by seso »

EarlofBug wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 12:05
seso wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 07:46 Big wins for Oly and Pana and they are close to qualifying to the Final-4!
Let’s see if Fenerbahçe will also make it today.

The 18,000 tickets for the Pana-Maccabi match 5 were sold within 6 hours!
Yes, great series so far between Maccabi and PAO.
Yes, it has been fun! As I wrote in another post, I hadn't followed basketball for about 20 years, and started following again recently! Thankfully the rules haven't changed! :grin1: Let's see what will happen on Tuesday!
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Amazing! Hungary beat Slovenia in ice hockey and won the group ahead of Slovenia, Italy, Romania, Japan and Korea. Next year they play among the big boys. Bravo! :up: :applause:
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

May 4. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: Pantoja - Erceg, Aldo - Martinez

Pantoja won by unanimous decision in a tight fight, Aldo surprisingly beat Martinez quite easily by unanimous decision after retired 2 years ago.
The big surprise of the night was that Anthony Smith made the huge favourite Petrino tap in the very 1st round. Michel Pereira needed less than a minute to finish Potieria in a spectacular fashion and Caio Borralho knocked out Paul Craig in the 2nd round.
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

Firnen wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 17:08 We need another Verstappen retirement to have any interest.
No we don't.

Norris first carreer win ahead of Max Verstappen and Charles Leclerc.

First time I ll hear God Save the King in F1.
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

rpo.castro wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 23:37
Firnen wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 17:08 We need another Verstappen retirement to have any interest.
No we don't.

Norris first carreer win ahead of Max Verstappen and Charles Leclerc.

First time I ll hear God Save the King in F1.
A safety car at the right time was enough in this track :grin1:

Didn't we hear it when Russell won?
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

Firnen wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 00:49 Didn't we hear it when Russell won?
You are right. His victory was after the Queen's death. Thought was before.
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

Though Norris was the fastest in the second half of the race he actually had ruined it already before. By qualifying 5th and having a bad start he got stuck on 6th. When top 5 went in to change tires he kept on going a round or two extra. And then the safety car came giving him the possibility of a advantage pitstop. And that still wasn’t enough, as Max was only 11 seconds behind and that wouldn’t have been enough for him to change tyres. As the FIA made a mistake and held up Max, assuming he was the lead car, which he wasn’t and so Lando could change types and keep first position.
But if the quali and start had been better big chance he would have won.
I liked reaction of Max. No excuses, blaming, or whatever, this is racing. Horner looked for damage on the car. Compare that with Lewis and Toto after Abu Dahbi…….
Congrats to Lando. I can’t wait till the next race to see a real battle maybe? Let’s hope so!
seso

Post by seso »

Big match today!! :bouncy:
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

Ricardo wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 01:14 Though Norris was the fastest in the second half of the race he actually had ruined it already before. By qualifying 5th and having a bad start he got stuck on 6th. When top 5 went in to change tires he kept on going a round or two extra. And then the safety car came giving him the possibility of a advantage pitstop. And that still wasn’t enough, as Max was only 11 seconds behind and that wouldn’t have been enough for him to change tyres. As the FIA made a mistake and held up Max, assuming he was the lead car, which he wasn’t and so Lando could change types and keep first position.
But if the quali and start had been better big chance he would have won.
I liked reaction of Max. No excuses, blaming, or whatever, this is racing. Horner looked for damage on the car. Compare that with Lewis and Toto after Abu Dahbi…….
Congrats to Lando. I can’t wait till the next race to see a real battle maybe? Let’s hope so!
When things are bad, and you are in a track like this you try to delay your pitstop and pray for a safety car. We have seen all drivers doing this (maybe not Verstappen because its always upfront).

After the safety car, Norris was faster than Verstappen. At lap 22 Verstappen hit a cone/pole on the kerbs on turn 1 that damage his floor and according with Reb Bull, that cost him 0,250s per lap. So starting just behind Max, with fresher tyres, a faster more balanced car and with DRS, I think Norris could have a good shot, despite Miami not being very good for overtaking.

It was still a huge race for McLaren, Piastri was also doing great (the incident with Sainz its just a race incident, like the same with Magnussen). Rememember that a year ago McLaren was the worst car in the paddock in Miami and now they got a win after so many years.

For the sprint race dive bomb of Hamilton: immunity: he can do whatever it pleases him, never gets penalized. Perez tried to did the same, was lucky for not hitting Verstappen and Leclerc.
EarlofBug

Post by EarlofBug »

seso wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 07:44 Big match today!! :bouncy:
It's tight!
I'm zapping between the CL, Euroleague and Eurovision :)
seso

Post by seso »

EarlofBug wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 21:15
seso wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 07:44 Big match today!! :bouncy:
It's tight!
I'm zapping between the CL, Euroleague and Eurovision :)
It was nice, Earl! Berlin now! :smile1:
seso

Post by seso »

AS Monaco and Barcelona lost their home-court advantage, so the Final Four in Berlin is:

Real Madrid vs Oly
Pana vs Fenerbahçe
EarlofBug

Post by EarlofBug »

seso wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 06:24 AS Monaco and Barcelona lost their home-court advantage, so the Final Four in Berlin is:

Real Madrid vs Oly
Pana vs Fenerbahçe
Usually they would make it like this:

Real vs. Fenerbahce
PAO vs. Oly

Why not this time?
seso

Post by seso »

EarlofBug wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 16:06
seso wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 06:24 AS Monaco and Barcelona lost their home-court advantage, so the Final Four in Berlin is:

Real Madrid vs Oly
Pana vs Fenerbahçe
Usually they would make it like this:

Real vs. Fenerbahce
PAO vs. Oly

Why not this time?
I don't know; it's shown on Wikipedia like that.