What other sports do you follow?

Anything football. NO POLITICS please.
LeRonio

Post by LeRonio »

Basketball. And i am a "weird" lithuanian, because for me nr.1 is football :lol: In Lithuania basketball is much more important than football
seso

Post by seso »

In cycling, Spanish Samuel Sánchez withdrew from Vuelta a España after failing a drug test... I can't believe it!!! Nobody expected that cyclists take drugs!!! :lol:
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Watching the women's Rugby World Cup, and tomorrow the women's hockey Euro starts for England, and the day after the men's Euro. Hockey powerhouse Netherlands is hosting both. The next five days will be busy with six hockey games to complete both group stages and a rugby World Cup semi final.
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

Football and American football (NFL) are the only two sports I follow regularly on a week-to-week basis. NFL play-offs perfectly fill the gap in December and January when there are no Europa league and Champions league matches, and Croatian league is in hiatus.

I follow other sports as well, but only for major tournaments, e.g. Grand Slams in tennis, Euro and World championships in basketball and handball, NBA finals.

During the Olympics I follow everything, and if there's one of ours battling for the medal, I'll watch even the shooting of clay pigeons. :D We're quite good at that, actually.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

At the Olympics, shooting sort of sits in a limbo between sports I'm interested in and sports I'm not.

Btw, something interesting about hockey, is there isn't the massive gulf between male and female teams that there is in football. The female players don't do any of the inconceivably stupid things female football players do. The goalkeepers are competent. The players have similar skill levels to the men. And they're just flat out superior athletes to female football players. I talked about the fitness program of the England football team, at the inception of that program, they compared their fitness with the fitness of the female national hockey teams of England and USA, and there was a big gulf between the two in favour of the hockey players.
seso

Post by seso »

Besides football, I like watching athletics and I love playing and watching table-tennis!! That game is fantastic!! I started late (when I lived in Sweden and a bit earlier), but I try to play in every oportunity I get!! Thankfully (for some strange reason) many of my friends in Greece also like playing table tennis and they are all good at it!!
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

tennis, field-hockey, cycling, (beach-)volleyball, F1, darts, waterpolo, olyimpics
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

That was some match I just watched. Men, England vs Germany. Germany rushed into a 0-2 lead, England fought back to 3-2 only to ultimately lose 3-4. The German keeper produced a magnificent save in the last minute to stop us tying it up.
og2002gr

Post by og2002gr »

WRC, Euroleague Basketball and a bit of athletics
fewer spots :arrow: weaker leagues :arrow: fewer spots :arrow: weaker leagues :arrow: fewer spots :arrow: weaker leagues

http://kassiesa.net/uefa/forum2/viewtop ... 52#p359852
bossake

Post by bossake »

Beside football I am wathcing with some average passion only tennis and handball. Tennis I watch only Simona Halep games and handball only CSM Bucuresti women games. But those 2 sports with only 10% passion comparing with my football pasion :).

Rarely I watch other sports where romanians are implicated (generally olympics game) but with an almost no passion.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

I've already seen one Dutch tournament host eliminate England this month. Chances are I'll see two more as both England hockey teams face their Dutch hosts in the semis tomorrow and the day after. The other two semis funnily enough are also the same, two clashes between Germany and Belgium. The Rugby team faces New Zealand in the expected final in two days, and regardless of results I'll see those hockey teams one more time, either in finals or third place matches.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

The remarkable symmetry continues. Both Netherlands and both Belgiums won, so the Englands will play the Germanys for third place, and both Germanys already beat both Englands in the group stage.
Friesland

Post by Friesland »

Lorric wrote:The remarkable symmetry continues. Both Netherlands and both Belgiums won, so the Englands will play the Germanys for third place, and both Germanys already beat both Englands in the group stage.
It seems hockey is the new korfball. :lol:
NederPAOKtzis

Post by NederPAOKtzis »

LeRonio wrote:Basketball. And i am a "weird" lithuanian, because for me nr.1 is football :lol: In Lithuania basketball is much more important than football
Basketballfan since the '80s mostly because of Sabonis, Kourtinaitis, Chomicius and Marciulionis in the CCCP-teams with Tikhonenko and Sokk.

I also like cycling very much (now following the Vuelta) and darts (some do not call it a sport, but the level has gone up from a pub-sport to a serious sport in my opinion; and I like the suspence: you can be very bad and then suddenly you throw a few 180's and the game can be won where you thought you were close to elimination).

Like to watch big events like the WC Rugby, WC Athletics and the Olimpics but don not watch these sports outside those events.
PAOK is not a club. PAOK is a cultural phenomenon.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

The hockey tournaments finished with amazing perfect symmetry. Both Netherlands beat both Belgiums, both Englands beat both Germanys, both Spains finished fifth and both Irelands finished sixth. The other two teams were different in each tournament. Have a look for yourself:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Men% ... sification

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Wome ... sification

The women's rugby team unfortunately lost a superb match 32-41 to New Zealand. I don't regret watching these games at all, very good entertainment. Getting two bronzes for the hockey teams probably exceeded expectations. The Dutch winning both tournaments was the likely outcome. It would be a lot like Germany hosting the men and women's football Euros.