What other sports do you follow?

Anything football. NO POLITICS please.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Rugby League World Cup, Tonga pulled off a massive upset, defeating New Zealand in New Zealand and topping their group. This almost certainly puts Australia and New Zealand on a collision course in the semis. They came back from 2-16 down to do it too, winning 28-22.
Carson

Post by Carson »

I think it will be a Australia vs England final. Hoping Tonga make the final their fans have been immense so far.
Carson

Post by Carson »

42-0 Australia against Samoa. International Rugby League is really poor, except for Australia, New Zealand, England, Tonga, the rest of these teams would struggle in the NSW Comp to get wins.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Fiji eliminated New Zealand 4-2. Tonga barely made it past Lebanon 24-22.
Carson

Post by Carson »

Poms been smashed well and truly this week :D.

Beat them at Rugby League and 2-0 up in the Ashes :banana:.
Carson

Post by Carson »

Australia has its first ever UFC Champion. :applause:
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Carson wrote:Poms been smashed well and truly this week :D.

Beat them at Rugby League and 2-0 up in the Ashes :banana:.
"Smashed" is doing our RL team a disservice. You scored a try and sat on it. If the game had lasted a few more minutes I really think we'd have broken through. Everyone was absolutely knackered at the end of the match, and a couple of Aussie players said it was one of the hardest matches of their careers. It was a great game, even with the low score of 6-0. I was proud of the team, that's how you go out if you have to, after giving it absolutely everything.
Carson

Post by Carson »

You haven't beaten us since 1995 :lol:.

You almost get bitch slapped as often as Queenslands beat New South Wales in the State of Origin :cry:
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Well, if you're going to talk like that, maybe I should start talking about that other Australian national rugby team... :wink:
Carson

Post by Carson »

I don't like Union so I've probably laughed as much as you have at the Wallabies misfortune ;).

Union is only beaten by Aussie Rules to how much i dislike the sport. I despise Aussie Rules and it's hardcore fans who at one point did everything they could to make sure soccer wasn't played in Australia.
Carson

Post by Carson »

I'll answer this I don't think I've actually put what sports I follow :P.

Football (Soccer over here)
Rugby League (My dad would take me to Penrith Panthers games when I was younger, until he sadly passed away in 2009, still support Penrith as it was my dad's team it was one of the things we could always talk about without arguing lol).
Cricket - I actually played cricket in my youth but was never that great at it.
seso

Post by seso »

From the BBC: An anti-doping case has been opened against Russian medal-winning curler Alexander Krushelnitsky, says the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
I never imagined that one would need drugs to compete in curling!!!
EarlofBug

Post by EarlofBug »

seso wrote:From the BBC: An anti-doping case has been opened against Russian medal-winning curler Alexander Krushelnitsky, says the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
I never imagined that one would need drugs to compete in curling!!!
There are drugs that enhance concentration, retalin style, so I guess these kinds of drugs are helpful in this game.
seso

Post by seso »

I thought they took drugs to lift the granite Mjolnir!! :mrgreen: :lol:
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

I`ve watched the final in ice hockey at the Olympics between Russia and Germany. The Germans beat Canada in the semis to reach the final. Shortly after Canada’s loss, the German Foreign Office, based in Berlin, tweeted a “travel warning” for Germans in Canada, urging them to “hug” a Canadian. “Travel advisory: Germans in Canada should exercise a high degree of empathy. Be nice, don’t gloat, give hugs, buy rounds of hot chocolate. Just imagine how you would feel if Canada beat us in soccer,” reads the tweet.
Russia won the gold beating Germany 4:3 in OT. it was 1:1 in the 3rd period and a bit more than 6 minutes left when the red machine took the lead. It looked like over, but the Germans were at level 10 seconds (!) later. And they turned the game around when a bit more than 3 minutes left. Just over 2 minutes before the end Russia got penalized and had to play with 4 men against 5 for 2 full minutes, so that`s it. But 55 seconds before the final whistle the Russians levelled with a man down!
In overtime they finally broke the Germans` resistance, but this was a game for forget me not! I`m not watching the NHL anymore so I can compare only to WC games, this was right at the top! :D