Serbia, Bosnia, Slovenia, Montenegro etc Football Season 2018/19

Domestic league and cup football
krdel

Post by krdel »

Partizan-Napredak 1:1
Rad-Radnički (N) 0:0
Vojvodina-Dinamo (V) 2:0
Mačva-Crvena Zvezda 0:2

Zvezda just won in Šabac, they played nothing special, but enough to win comfortably. Radnički and Partizan only drew and the difference became even bigger. Zvezda seems simply to strong for the rest of the league and they will probably fight only for the EL places.

Crvena Zvezda 37, Radnički (N) 28, Partizan 26, Čukarički 25, Mladost (L) 22, Proleter (NS) 20, Napredak 19, Vojvodina 18...

Zrinjski-Čelik 3:0
GOŠK-Srajevo 1:0
Željezničar-Zvijezda 0:1

Black sunday for Sarajevo giants, the both lost! Zrinjski won surpsingly easy against Čelik, while second Tuzla derby ended in a draw.

Sarajevo 33, Zrinjski 31, Željezničar 28, Široki Brijeg 22, Radnik (B) 21, Sloboda (T) 19, Mladost (DK) 19...

Triglav-Celje 1:2
Maribor-Olimpija 1:2

Great derby in Maribor, on and off the pitch. The home side was better in the first half, they scored (only) once and Olimpija's best player went off injured, but then total turnaround in the second half, two goals for Olimpija (ghreat one by Tomić) and a red card for Maribor and deserved win for the visitors.

Maribor 30, Olimpija 28, Gorica 21, Celje 19, Aluminij 18, Domžale 16, Mura 16...
UEFA - We care about money. Pravda za Kolubaru!
krdel

Post by krdel »

Radnički (N)-Mačva 3:0
Vojvodina-Radnik 1:0
Čukarički-Partizan 1:1
Crvena Zvezda-Bačka 3:1

Wednesday round brought a Belgrade derby between Čukarički and Partizan, The latter went to early lead easily but could not score the second and Čuka, who did nothing most of the match, surprisingly equalised and could have even won in the end. Zvezda and Radnički won easily, while Vojvodina did it with one goal.

Crvena Zvezda 40, Radnički (N) 31, Partizan 27, Čukarički 26,Proleter (NS) 23, Napredak 22, Mladost (L) 22, Vojvodina 21...

Mura-Gorica 3:2
Domžale-Maribor 2:2

In Slovenia it was time for quater-final cup matches. Domžale lost first match 0:1, had 2:0 in return, but Maribor scored two in added time for semifinals. Other teams there are Mura, Aluminij in Olimpija.
krdel

Post by krdel »

Proleter-Crvena Zvezda 0:2
Bačka-Radnički (N) 0:2
Partizan-Vojvodina 2:0

Somehow boring derby on JNA today, the first goal of Partizan was scored from a non-existent penalty, then Voša tried to equalize in the second half, hit the crossbar, but Partizan scored another one in the end. The guests will not be satisfied with the referees, but it was even worse in Bačka Palanka yesterday, where players of Mladost left the pitch after ridiculous penalty. On other matches Zvezda and Radnički won easily.

Crvena Zvezda 43, Radnički (N) 34, Partizan 30, Čukarički 29, Napredak 25, Proleter (NS) 23, Mladost (L) 22, Vojvodina 21...

Zvijezda-Zrinjski 1:0
Sarajevo-Željezničar 2:1

It was derby week in Sarajevo, but unfortunately I caught only last few minutes. Apparently Željo played most of the match with one less and their coach was not satisfied with the referees, but maybe Anel will tell us more. Zrinjski lost unexpectedly and it is intersting at the top, as Sarajevo is making a gap.

Sarajevo 36, Zrinjski 31, Željezničar 28, Široki Brijeg 23, Sloboda (T) 22, Radnik (B) 21, Čelik 21...

Celje-Maribor 0:5
Olimpija-DOmžale 4:4

"Styria derby" was not derby at all, as Celje played like crap, but the local derby between Olimpija and Domžale was the match of the season so far. Four goals, three penalties, Olimpija drew after being 2:4 behind, but it could still end both ways. There were again some very dubious decisions (first goal etc), but lets not talk about that this time.

Maribor 33, Olimpija 29, Gorica 22, Mura 19, Celje 19, Aluminij 18, Domžale 17...
AnelZ

Post by AnelZ »

Had to pass the derby, didn't catch a single glimp because of other obligations. We are in dire situation overall and the atmosphere around the club is really bad ("fans" even invaded the pitch after the 0-1 lose against Zvijezda but swift police reaction prevented any further incident), good thing is that Zrinjski and Siroki aren't doing that much better. Sarajevo is on good way to win the title.
Doživjeti možda neću da prođeš u finale
i da velikog Reala pobjediš na penale...
krdel

Post by krdel »

Proleter-Radnički (N) 1:2
Partizan-Radnik (S) 2:0
Dinamo (V)-Crvena Zvezda 0:3
Mladost (L)-Vojvodina 1:0

I planned to watch Dinamo-Zvezda, but our operator changed the schedule (?), so I do not really know how it went, but i read it was an easy win with a first goal scored by fouling the goalkeeper. Partizan and Radnički also won, so nothing really changed.

Crvena Zvezda 46, Radnički (N) 37, Partizan 33, Čukarički 32, Napredak 28, Mladost (L) 25, Proleter (NS) 23, Vojvodina 21...

Zrinjski-Sarajevo 2:2
Sloboda (T)-Široki Brijeg 0:1
Željezničar-Tuzla City 2:3

In Bosnia this week Zrinjski and Sarajevo played the derby and only 5000 people came to Bijeli Brijeg. The guests played well and had the lead, but then the home side equalised with a late penalty by Bilbija. I watched the situation more times, but I cannot tell what was wrong and why there was a penalty. :? Well, Željo lost again and is now already 9 points behind.

Sarajevo 37, Zrinjski 32, Željezničar 28, Široki Brijeg 26, Mladost (DK) 23, Sloboda (T) 22...

Domžale-Gorica 3:1
Maribor-Triglav 4:1
Domžale-Celje 1:1
Rudar (V)-Olimpija 1:2

No changes here either, Triglav started well in Maribor with the old keeper back in the goal, they took the lead, but in second half Maribor crushed them. Olimpija played nothing special, Rudar had their chances to get some points, but they are totally out of form and managed to score only from a (dubious) penalty.

Maribor 36, Olimpija 32, Mura 22, Gorica 22, Domžale 21, Aluminij 21...

This time I will mention also Macedonia, as there was a big Skopje derby between Škupi and Vardar. Vardar lost and is now already three points behind the first place.
Posmatrač

Post by Posmatrač »

Radnički Niš and Crvena Zvezda will play after internationak break,even if Radnički win I dont think it will change that much,but it probably will be good game.
Partizan Beograd
AnelZ

Post by AnelZ »

It was at least an interesting game. The problem now is that the ultras fans on the south stand are demanding for the board to resign which has the chance to make a big rift between fans as there is also a lot of that support the current board because the things they did when it comes to infrastructure (we barely satisfied requirements for our league and now qualifiying games of our national team are held on the stadium) and general business conduct as they try to bring our debts to 0, not generate any new one, business is conducted very proffesionally, as well as being as transparent as possible. Sadly, results on the pitch aren't great.

We also got a game behind closed doors because of fan behaviour on home game against Zvijezda 09 (fan invasion after the game ended) and this last one again Tuzla City (flares on the pitch, minor scuffle on the south stand).
Doživjeti možda neću da prođeš u finale
i da velikog Reala pobjediš na penale...
krdel

Post by krdel »

There is no top league football this week, so let us look at the situation in second level football in Serbia, Bosnia, Slovenia…

In Serbia 16-teams league is played and the top 2 will be promoted. Currently there are no (at least to me) interesting clubs at the top of the league. Current leader is Javor, ex first league club from Ivanjica, small town in mountainous region, that has small ugly stadium and not a lot of fans, so I was quite happy when they were relegated. However, they are good this year, they won 7:1 today and are the main favourite for return. Second is Inđija from a town with a same name in Vojvodina, that played in top level one season some 10 years ago, so the at least have a suitable stadium. Then there is some village club Zlatibor I know nothing about and on the fourth place is TSC from Bačka Topola, ex AIK, that returned the traditional name with the new Hungarian management. This is a really interesting project, they got a lot of money and built a fabulous academy, they want to play top league and now they are also remodeling the main stadium. Those four clubs are the main contenders for top two places I believe, as bigger teams already created a big gap. Here i mean Metalac with 9 points and Radnički Kragujevac with 10. Other ex top league teams are also doing extremely poor, Borac, Sloboda and Novi Pazar are fighting against relegation, have some internal problems.

After 17 matchdays:
Javor 37, Inđija 36, Zlatibor 32, TSC 31, Sinđelić 31, Metalac (GM) 28, Radnički (K) 27, Bežanija 26...

In Bosnia there are two second leagues, organised not regionally, but politically. In FBiH league 15 round were played, so a half of the season, as there are 16 clubs. On top is expectedly Velež, a great traditional club from Mostar, top10 from the former Yugoslavia I would say. They had some tough seasons, but it seems they are finally back in form, so the are clearly the main favourite here. I (and many others) would definetly like to see them back in first league, together with a Mostar derby. Second is Olimpik from Sarajevo and third Jedinstvo Bihać, another big club club for bosnian frames doing well again. Bosna Visoko, last year hit, is on the bottom now. In serbian division there are only two contenders, traditional giant Borac Banja Luka and Sloga from Gornje Crnelovo, the club I have not heard for before. It seems as another poor season for Slavija.

Velež 39, Olimpik 32, Jedinstvo (B) 28, Zvijezda (G) 27, Rudar (K) 26...
Borac (BL) 38, Sloga (GC) 37, Rudar (P) 25, Podrinje 20, Slavija 19...

In Slovenia the situation is really really interesting. Practically half of the league is still fighting for promotion spots. Current leader are Kalcer Radomlje, a club from my region, that played two seasons already in top league, but was extremely bad there, scoring some negative records. One of the reasons is they were not allowed to played at home (but in Domžale), so it is a question, if they want to play first league again before they upgrade their home ground. Quality-wise they are great, they have a very good coach and a top striker. Second is Bravo, an "artificial" club with no seat, that serves as a managing agency for Klarič (ex Celje chairman), so it is a question with which roster they will play in the spring. Then there is Tabor Sežana, probably the main favourite that also plays the nicest football and that crushed Bravo 3:0 today. They come from a nice town on the Italian border and have ambitious leadership with their sporting director is still active on the field. Then there is Krka from Novo mesto, also ex top league team coming from the centre of southeast region, another one many would like to see back. They are installing floodlights and planning a return in a season or two. On the fifth place is Drava Ptuj, who were the main favourite before the start, but now they have problems with some shady Nigerian investors and the club is apparently in chaos. Nafta, "The oldest slovenian club", as they call themselves, is currently only seventh.

Kalcer 33, Bravo 33, Tabor 30, Krka 30, Drava 27, Dob 27, Nafta 26...
krdel

Post by krdel »

Vojvodina-Zemun 0:0
Radnički (N)-Crvena Zvezda 2:2
Partizan-Dinamo (V) 6:0

Great derby in Niš, Zvezda went into the lead right away and just as I have not watched Radnički scored twice. After that they wanted just to secure the lead and have not done much offensively, but Zvezda somehow deservedly managed to equalize. Radnički even tried something to score another, but it ended as a draw. Partizan won routinely and Vojvodina only drew again.

Crvena Zvezda 47, Radnički (N) 38, Partizan 36, Čukarički 35, Napredak 31, Mladost (L) 25, Proleter (NS) 24, Vojvodina 22...

Krupa-Željezničar 2:1
Tuzla City-Zrinjski 1:2
Sarajevo-Zvijezda 3:1

Unbelievable, Željo lost again! Zrinjski won with a late own goal (?) and Sarajevo also won, so the differences are getting bigger and bigger. Sloboda achieved an all important win away in Bijeljina and is now back among serious contenders for EL places.

Sarajevo 40, Zrinjski 35, Željezničar 28, Široki Brijeg 27, Mladost (DK) 26, Sloboda (T) 25...

Olmipija-Mura 2:2
Maribor-Krško 3:0
Triglav-Domžale 1:4

Great derby in Ljubljana, Olimpija had everything on the home turf, they were leading 2:0 and the home fans were celebrating their anniversary. But then Mura, out of nothing, through a player who never scored before, managed to equalise late in the game and two thousand away fans from Prekmurje fell into delirium. Maribor won easily, while Triglav was unfortunately uncompetitive in the local clash.

Maribor 39, Olimpija 33, Domžale 24, Aluminij 24, Mura 23, Celje 23, Gorica 22...

Oh yeah, Macedonia, there were two rounds this week with two Skopje city derbies and Rabotnički won both of them.
krdel

Post by krdel »

Rad-Vojvodina 0:1
Mladost (L)-Partizan 1:1
Dinamo (V)-Radnički (N) 0:4
Crvena Zvezda-Voždovac 2:0

Another easy win for Zvezda, this time over their neigbours Voždovac. Radnički is good, they won again, but I think everything is already decided, especially with Partizan already 13 points behind. This time they hardly drew in Lučani with a last minute goal and they do not seem as a real contender.

Crvena Zvezda 50, Radnički (N) 41, Partizan 37, Čukarički 35, Napredak 32, Mladost (L) 26, Proleter (NS) 25, Vojvodina 25...

Zrinjski-Krupa 1:0
Sarajevo-Čelik 3:1
Željezničar-Široki Brijeg 2:3

Another "standard" week in Bosnia, Zrinjski and Sarajevo won, Željo lost. Any changes ahead, Alen? They already fell to fourth place and Sloboda is still going strong.

Sarajevo 43, Zrinjski 38, Široki Brijeg 30, Željezničar 28, Sloboda (T) 28, Mladost (DK) 26...

Aluminij-Olimpija 6:2
Domžale-Maribor 1:2

Uncredible result in Kidričevo, it was the third highest defeat for Olimpija in the league history. Apparently the situation in the club is not the best, as the players were considering a strike after unpayed champonship awards and the management announced big changes. The "derby" was not a real derby, as Domžale always loose important matches. So Aluminij is now third after half of the season!

Maribor 42, Olimpija 33, Aluminij 27, Celje 26, Domžale 24, Mura 23...
EarlofBug

Post by EarlofBug »

Is the Serbian super league going to be reduced to 14 or 12 clubs? 16 clubs seems too many for such a small country.
krdel

Post by krdel »

Spartak-Crvena Zvezda 1:3
Vojvodina-Mačva 1:1
Voždovac-Radnički (N) 0:1
Partizan-Zemun 1:0

Crvena Zvezda-Napredak 3:0
Radnički (N)-Spartak 3:0
Rad-Partizan 0:3
Bačka-Vojvodina 0:0

So, two rounds in Serbia this week, but nothing special really. Top3 won in wednesday and they won even more confortably their second games. I maybe expected more from Spartak and Rad, but they han no chance. Zvezda of course marching towards the title, so everything stays the same. I personaly think that 16 is a perfect number of teams for a league and I also think that Serbia has enough clubs and cities to fill such a league. Some are currently missing, e.g. Radnički Kragujevac, Sloboda Užice, Metalac GM, OFK Beograd, Proleter Zrenjanin, Smederevo, Dinamo Pančevo, clubs from Kraljevo, Pirot, maybe RFK Novi Sad etc. The prime minister is promising new stadioums around the country, so the situation could improve.

Crvena Zvezda 56, Radnički (N) 47, Partizan 43, Čukarički 39, Napredak 33, Mladost (L) 32, Proleter (NS) 27, Vojvodina 27...

Rudar (V)-Maribor 1:3
Gorica-Olimpija 1:3
Domžale-Krško 2:1

Rudar did not play that bad, but the referee "overlooked" a penalty for them at 1:1 and after that everything just went down. Since Maribor made some public circus about the referees, all decisions go in their favour. Olimpija also won easily, but their coach will be probably (unreasonably) sacked nevertheless. The greatest surprise of first half is Aluminij, who crashed Celje today and secured third place ahead of Domžale. Triglav and Krško will expectedly fight against relegation.

Maribor 45, Olimpija 36, Aluminij 30, Domžale 27, Celje 26, Mura 24...

At the end I will also mention Montenegro, where they finished the first half of the season. Sutjeska leads ahead of zeta and OFK, while the favourite Budućnost is only fourth.

Sutjeska 36, Zeta 32, OFK Titograd 32, Budućnost 29, Petrovac 28...
krdel

Post by krdel »

Partizan-Mačva 0:0
Vojvodina-Proleter (NS) 0:0
Čukarički-Crvena Zvezda

Interesting snowy conditions on the edge of regularity this week in Serbia as Partizan played Mačva and nothing really happened, although the visitors were a man up for quite of a time. Novi Sad derby also finished goalless, while Zvezda won away.
krdel

Post by krdel »

Napredak-Radnički 1:2

Postponed matches played today and the first part is over. Radnički won again, unfortunately without coverage on our tv, so I cannot comment on that. Anyway, it seems that in the summer it will be interesting only for places from two to four, where Radnički has a nice advantage over the rest. Partizan will be there for sure, one way or another, so only one place is really still open. It is a tough ask for Voša, too tough I believe.

Crvena Zvezda 59, Radnički (N) 50, Partizan 44, Čukarički 39, Napredak 33, Mladost (L) 33, Proleter (NS) 28, Vojvodina 28, Radnik (S) 28...
krdel

Post by krdel »

Some changes happened in Slovenia during the pause. Gorica has a new manager Bašić from Radomlje, great coach, who led his mediocre team to the top of the second league with a great football, but the fans are not satisfied, because the club got rid of ex manager and club legend so easily. There has also been change at Olimpija, which will be led by Pevnik in the summer, a coach, who was training the youth team and who is basically a cheap option, as it seems the owner is leaving the club. The quality and experienced players are also leaving and it seems they will be no threat to Maribor. There nothing is happening and they will probably march to the title. Domžale lost two experienced players, who were out of form, while Tahiraj, probably Aluminij's best men is leaving for Hajduk. Krško is the main candidate for relegation, as they have all sorts of internal problems.