German Football Season 2019/20

Domestic league and cup football
Todor

Post by Todor »

Firnen wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 19:18
Todor wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 18:07 So Cologne made fool of themselves. Obnoxious is what they did and it deserves investigation by the BL.
They did what Dortmund did with the home losses to Mainz (0-2) and Hoffenheim (0-4).
It is very common that the team who has motive gets what they want against an unmotivated opponent.
Playing unmotivated and losing deliberately by a big margin are two different things. Last time Werder scored 6 in the BL was in the 2015/16 season and they had won only one point in their last 11 home matches, so regardless of how little Koln would have cared about this match, they wouldn't still lose it by so much if it wasn't intentional.
Too bad Ausburg didn't draw at least so that Cologne would have lost 2M Euro for finishing a place down. :evil:
dnina10

Post by dnina10 »

Zuri wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 19:23 Dusseldorf only have themselves to blame it was in their control.
I couldn't agree more with this. Todor, putting all biases aside (I do want Werder Bremen to stay up), Düsseldorf can only blame themselves. This was in their hands. If there was match fixing involved, that's different, but I genuinely don't think that happened. Union had, in the grand scheme of things, nothing to play for yet they got the job done (granted, they were playing at home, and they have a decent home record). Köln do look bad for getting demolished against a team that went into the match with only one home win the the Bundesliga this season, but you can't point the finger solely at them. Credit to Bremen for doing what they needed to do to get one more chance to save themselves. As for Düsseldorf, it's a bitter pill for them to swallow, but it's their own fault.

Todor, tell me your thoughts about Dortmund's performance against Höffenheim. Should we take the same attitude? Neither Bayern nor Dortmund had anything to play for, yet look what happened to Wolfsburg. It's a similar idea here. The punishment for Wolfsburg isn't nearly as hard as it is on Düsseldorf, but it still isn't ideal for them
Todor

Post by Todor »

What relevance has Borussia with the Koln defeat?
Koln lost heavily to hurt Fortuna, everyone knows this.
By the way, I'm glad that Bremen are given a chance to survive. One of the all-time best German teams. I don't blame them and I don't imply they made an arrangement with Koln.
dnina10

Post by dnina10 »

Todor wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 22:06 What relevance has Borussia with the Koln defeat?
Koln lost heavily to hurt Fortuna, everyone knows this.
By the way, I'm glad that Bremen are given a chance to survive. One of the all-time best German teams. I don't blame them and I don't imply they made an arrangement with Koln.
I know you weren't, I was just simply pointing out the unlikely possibility of it, that's all.

As for the other thing I bolded, I really don't know about that. I don't know if there is some beef between Düsseldorf and Köln, but things like that are nothing new.

By the way, I mentioned Dortmund because it is the same idea. They had absolutely nothing to play for, so they played dead and allow Höffenheim to do whatever they please, allowing them to finish sixth. Köln let Bremen do whatever they want, allowing them to avoid automatic relegation. It's a similar idea. I guess we should shame Dortmund too for their performance today at home (at least Köln did this away, albeit at a team with a horrendous home record). There isn't too much difference there
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Gladbach and Werder Bremen! :applause:
greenbay

Post by greenbay »

Lorric wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 20:03 It seems crazy how many beatings post-lockdown have been dished out in this league. Is this normal and it's just me not normally noticing, but now I did because the league got a headstart over other leagues, or is it indeed unusual?
Wins by 5+ goals margin are more often in Bundesliga than in Premier League. At first glance.

If you look deeper into the 2019-20 fixture list, you'll find out that in most cases it's only Bayern, Dortmund or Leipzig winning that big. Except for yesterday's 6-1 there have been a few other games with a 5 goal difference that did not involve the big 3.

Same goes for the 4 goals margins. In most cases, they were dished out by only 3 teams: Bayern, Dortmund, Leipuig.

https://www.transfermarkt.de/1-bundesli ... d_von/2019
"Put it in your signature to save you the trouble of writing it over and over again."
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

If you do a good job, your have your future in your hands and you can play as you want.
If not, you ll be depending on third part results and you ll be blaming others by your poor performance
spoonman

Post by spoonman »

From Fortuna's point of view, it was clear that they couldn't expect any help from Köln. The five-goal difference smells a bit fishy but when you lose 3-0 at Union, there's no room for any arguments.

In other news, 3. Liga: Realistically, there are now five candidates for promotion: Würzburg, Braunschweig, Ingolstadt, Duisburg; Rostock as outsiders. 1860 and Mannheim with a theoretical chance.

Code: Select all

1.Bayern II       36 19  7 10 74:57 64 (not eligible for promotion)
 2.Würzburger K.   36 19  6 11 68:53 63
 3.Braunschweig    36 17 10  9 58:47 61
 --------------------------------------
 4.FC Ingolstadt   36 16 12  8 59:38 60
 --------------------------------------
 5.MSV Duisburg    36 16 10 10 62:46 58
 6.Hansa Rostock   36 16  8 12 51:39 56
 7.1860 München    36 15 10 11 59:50 55
 8.SVW Mannheim    36 13 16  7 50:44 55
On Wednesday:
Hansa Rostock - KFC Uerdingen
Viktoria Köln - Würzburger K.
Bayern II - MSV Duisburg
Sh.Großaspach - 1860 München
FC Ingolstadt - FC Magdeburg
Braunschweig - SVW Mannheim

Next Saturday:
SVW Mannheim - FSV Zwickau
SV Meppen - Braunschweig
1860 München - FC Ingolstadt
MSV Duisburg - Unterhaching
Würzburger K. - Hallescher FC
Chemnitzer FC - Hansa Rostock
Todor

Post by Todor »

Where can I find the 5-year ranking which is used for distributing the prize money in the BL?
subway14

Post by subway14 »

HSV and Heidenheim both bottling the last match :roll:
Todor

Post by Todor »

HSV can't be for real. Arminia played fair-play, but they still managed to lose at home and with 1:5.
This must be karma, as they avoided relegation so many times in the past. Now they are paying their dues back. :)
greenbay

Post by greenbay »

2. Bundesliga:
Champions Bielefeld have beaten Heidenheim by 3-0. So Hamburg did only need a single point to make the playoff spot. Well, they lost 1-5 at home to Sandhausen. LOL! :degsmile:
"Put it in your signature to save you the trouble of writing it over and over again."
Zuri

Post by Zuri »

What in the hell Hamburg?

Nurnberg still in danger of joining the list of names who were once Champions of Germany now plying their trade in the third tier.
ultra2013

Post by ultra2013 »

Fantastic news for Werder Bremen, if they don't take Heidenheim lightly.
spoonman

Post by spoonman »

Todor wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 17:25 Where can I find the 5-year ranking which is used for distributing the prize money in the BL?
https://www.fernsehgelder.de/2019-20/ranking/

(It's an unofficial website.)