German Football Season 2019/20

Domestic league and cup football
spoonman

Post by spoonman »

spoonman wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 17:42 Huge surprise in the women's cup final: SGS Essen are leading 2-1 against Wolfsburg at half time. For the first time this season (across all competitions), Wolfsburg are one goal behind.

Essen's first goal came after just twelve seconds, which is a new record in the women's DFB-Pokal.
The game is now in extra time. 3-3 at 107'.

Edit: Wolfsburg won it on penalties.
Last edited by spoonman on Sat Jul 04, 2020 21:23, edited 1 time in total.
Zuri

Post by Zuri »

Bayern on to complete 2/3 of a potential treble as they lead 2-0 against Bayer Leverkusen.
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

Zuri wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 20:46 Bayern on to complete 2/3 of a potential treble as they lead 2-0 against Bayer Leverkusen.
Typical "Vice Kusen" as we say in Germany. :) So many 2nd places in their history.
spoonman

Post by spoonman »

Entertaining game now. Bayern scored their third goal and Leverkusen have now pulled one back.
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

Bosz presented an awful lineup, wasted Havertz for 45 minutes as a...CF (Havertz is much better in a free-roaming role behind the CF), then when Bosz fixed the issue (when 2-0 down in HT), Volland missed a sitter and 2 minutes later Hradecky gifted the 3rd goal to Bayern.

You don't get a 2nd chance vs Bayern. Leverkusen just made it 3-1, but probably too little too late.
subway14

Post by subway14 »

BurningStorm wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 21:24
Zuri wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 20:46 Bayern on to complete 2/3 of a potential treble as they lead 2-0 against Bayer Leverkusen.
Typical "Vice Kusen" as we say in Germany. :) So many 2nd places in their history.
"Neverkusen" in English :lol:
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

subway14 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 21:35
BurningStorm wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 21:24
"Neverkusen" in English :lol:
Yepp. :mrgreen:

Great 2nd half. Really good football by Leverkusen as well, and Havertz got his goal. I agree with Firnen: Havertz as "number 9" is a bad idea in such a game, he needs the ball and a striker in front of him.
Zuri

Post by Zuri »

Heindenheim 1 - 1 Werder Bremen.

Bremen is 2 minutes away from staying up due to the away goal rule, maybe I'll be in the minority but I don't believe away goals should be used in domestic matches.
Zuri

Post by Zuri »

It don't matter as bad defending by Heidenheim leads to Bremen 2nd and safety.

2-2 Penalty for Heidenheim :lol:.
dnina10

Post by dnina10 »

Zuri wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 22:20 Heindenheim 1 - 1 Werder Bremen.

Bremen is 2 minutes away from staying up due to the away goal rule, maybe I'll be in the minority but I don't believe away goals should be used in domestic matches.
Wish Werder won more convincingly, but they are there to stay in the Bundesliga! As for the away goals rule, it's there for a good enough reason. I suspect you're right about being in the minority. Credit to Heidenheim for their season, but let's face it, as bad as Bremen have been this year, it would not be good to see another traditional club go down
Zuri

Post by Zuri »

Attention turns to another traditional club and their worries of being another in a list of teams to drop into the 3rd tier.
Zuri

Post by Zuri »

dnina10 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 22:31

Wish Werder won more convincingly, but they are there to stay in the Bundesliga! As for the away goals rule, it's there for a good enough reason. I suspect you're right about being in the minority. Credit to Heidenheim for their season, but let's face it, as bad as Bremen have been this year, it would not be good to see another traditional club go down
I understand the reasons for the away goal, I just think in these games you should have to prove your better than the team your facing and winning by away goals doesn't give me enough satisfaction that that's true. Suppose it could be worse and use the Italian rule of highest finisher gets the advantage of playing for a draw.
matt

Post by matt »

Zuri wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 22:35Suppose it could be worse and use the Italian rule of highest finisher gets the advantage of playing for a draw.
This is actually a good rule. It gives the highest finisher a fair advantage after a whole season of games. You can't do it in this case though, because the two teams play in different leagues before the Play-Off.
International break hater
dnina10

Post by dnina10 »

Zuri wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 22:35
dnina10 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 22:31

I understand the reasons for the away goal, I just think in these games you should have to prove your better than the team your facing and winning by away goals doesn't give me enough satisfaction that that's true. Suppose it could be worse and use the Italian rule of highest finisher gets the advantage of playing for a draw.
Yeah, the Italian style is crazy. Doing something like that is just wrong. If you win by away goals, that shows that you're better when you're playing at a different venue from your own than your opponent. That's reasonably legitimate. It's hard to discredit a team for that. At least it's a sensible tiebreaker, certainly better than the one you mentioned
subway14

Post by subway14 »

I like the Italian 1 actually (tho it wouldn't work in this case as they're in different tiers) :lol: