Scottish Football 2019/20

Domestic league and cup football
angel_87

Post by angel_87 »

many greetings Celtic ....is now escaping to the title :lol:
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Lubomir25 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:23 Here we go 10 in a row
I wouldn't be so sure about the ten (for other forum members, a Celtic league title this year is 9 in a row), but you are the favourite. You've been really lucky with the referees screwing Rangers this season. They should have had all 3pts tonight, would probably have had 3 vs Aberdeen if they'd got the penalty, and I know that isn't the only two times it's happened. And of course there's the league cup. You'd still be in a really tight title race if not for this. It's really annoying that I've been robbed of this spectacle.

There isn't much between you and Rangers now, and the referees could do this to you next season...
Lubomir25

Post by Lubomir25 »

Lorric wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 13:21
I wouldn't be so sure about the ten (for other forum members, a Celtic league title this year is 9 in a row), but you are the favourite. You've been really lucky with the referees screwing Rangers this season. They should have had all 3pts tonight, would probably have had 3 vs Aberdeen if they'd got the penalty, and I know that isn't the only two times it's happened. And of course there's the league cup. You'd still be in a really tight title race if not for this. It's really annoying that I've been robbed of this spectacle.

There isn't much between you and Rangers now, and the referees could do this to you next season...
Good one! Not heard a funnier joke in a while. Its clear that Rangers can't handle to pressure and it has nothing to do with referees.

League cup, Rangers get a pen and Celtic get a red card. They miss. Is that the referees fault?

Last night Rangers dont deal with a long ball and concede, referees fault?

Saturday at 1-1 Hamilton should have had a penalty and don't get one, Referee helping them by doing that?

You are normally very balanced with your views. But clearly you have a blind spot here.

Rangers have been shit thats why they haven't won enough.

The referee in the Aberdeen game didn't miss that 1v1 as well btw, Morelos did. And Rangers were lucky not to lose that game with the chances Cosgrove missed
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Lubomir25 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 20:21

Good one! Not heard a funnier joke in a while. Its clear that Rangers can't handle to pressure and it has nothing to do with referees.

League cup, Rangers get a pen and Celtic get a red card. They miss. Is that the referees fault?

Saturday at 1-1 Hamilton should have had a penalty and don't get one, Referee helping them by doing that?

You are normally very balanced with your views. But clearly you have a blind spot here.

The referee in the Aberdeen game didn't miss that 1v1 as well btw, Morelos did. And Rangers were lucky not to lose that game with the chances Cosgrove missed
There's no bias. Look in this thread. Out of my own mouth, you'll see me talk about Rangers losing all the qualities I admire about them since the break. They were beaten clean by Hearts. I've talked up Celtic plenty of times, and it's no skin off my back if they keep sweeping everything in Scotland. After Rangers beat you before the break, I still considered you the favourites because you've got greater depth. Rangers' best can go head to head with your best, but you've got them beaten in depth, they don't have the budget you do to fill out their ranks with the same quality you have, and that matters over the course of a season. If they lose any big players it will hurt them considerably more than if you lose any of yours.

There's no doubt this drop in standards has contributed to their own woes, but the referees have still taken points that they would not have lost even with the drop. And without the points lost, you'd still be ahead of them.

As for whether Rangers can't handle the pressure, the jury's still out for me on that. Plenty of Rangers fans over on Rangers Media would agree with you though. But I think I've seen too many good performances out of Rangers to hit them with that yet. They've beaten you and plenty of teams in Europe, won plenty of KO games home and abroad. But they just don't have the resources you do and you've improved as well. It could just as easily be the grind taking it's toll on them, high intensity play, less rotation options, two games week after week after week...
Lubomir25

Post by Lubomir25 »

Lorric wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 01:06

There's no bias. Look in this thread. Out of my own mouth, you'll see me talk about Rangers losing all the qualities I admire about them since the break. They were beaten clean by Hearts. I've talked up Celtic plenty of times, and it's no skin off my back if they keep sweeping everything in Scotland. After Rangers beat you before the break, I still considered you the favourites because you've got greater depth. Rangers' best can go head to head with your best, but you've got them beaten in depth, they don't have the budget you do to fill out their ranks with the same quality you have, and that matters over the course of a season. If they lose any big players it will hurt them considerably more than if you lose any of yours.

There's no doubt this drop in standards has contributed to their own woes, but the referees have still taken points that they would not have lost even with the drop. And without the points lost, you'd still be ahead of them.

As for whether Rangers can't handle the pressure, the jury's still out for me on that. Plenty of Rangers fans over on Rangers Media would agree with you though. But I think I've seen too many good performances out of Rangers to hit them with that yet. They've beaten you and plenty of teams in Europe, won plenty of KO games home and abroad. But they just don't have the resources you do and you've improved as well. It could just as easily be the grind taking it's toll on them, high intensity play, less rotation options, two games week after week after week...
I can see there is no bias but the referees did not cost them points, their inability to put games to bed has done that
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Lubomir25 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 01:31
Lorric wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 01:06

I can see there is no bias but the referees did not cost them points, their inability to put games to bed has done that
Well, it's both, isn't it? Both need to have happened for them to drop points. Kilmarnock, if Rangers got a second, or just had Kilmarnock under control, it doesn't matter. But if the ref did his job, it also doesn't matter. Even if you played poorly, if it took the ref to take the points, then it's the ref.
Roque

Post by Roque »

Jags fan here, unbiased as they come, hate both Celtic and Rangers...

Saying Rangers have been screwed by the refs is just wrong. There have been occasions where decisions have gone against them, but also decisions which have helped them out. The reason they are now 10 points behind Celtic is quite simply because they’re not as good a team. Man for man Celtic are better in just about every position on the pitch.

There’s nothing funnier to me than the excuses and the fans of both clubs thinking the media, governing bodies and other teams are against their team and out to help the other. Such misplaced paranoia.
Lubomir25

Post by Lubomir25 »

Celtic win again, the gap is 13 points with Rangers playing later in the day. Celtic having a 13 point gap is obviously down to the referee tho not cause they keep winning.
Lubomir25

Post by Lubomir25 »

Celtic on course to go 12pts clear after Rangers drop another 2 points.

Some think this Rangers team is as good as the 08 team. The league table shows otherwise at the moment.
subway14

Post by subway14 »

Heading footballs is BANNED in primary school training across England, Scotland and Northern Ireland over fears of long-term damage to children's brains :lol:
Definitely something wrong with their brains for them to keep calling it football, it's soccer, Idiot Brits.
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

"The Scottish FA are banning all age groups from under-18s from heading the ball in training.

The rules will be introduced immediately. It follows research that showed former footballers were three-and-a-half-times more likely to die from brain disease."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-51614088
Lubomir25

Post by Lubomir25 »

Rangers suspend Alfredo Morelos for reporting back late from Columbia. Must be the scottish refs fault.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Scottish Cup, yesterday, Hibs beat Inverness 5-2.

Just now, Hearts 1 Rangers 0. Third failure at Tynecastle this season, and they only have themselves to blame, it was a poor performance.

Potential for a big Edinburgh derby... :)

The quadruple treble is Celtic's to lose.
Lubomir25 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 19:00 Rangers suspend Alfredo Morelos for reporting back late from Columbia. Must be the scottish refs fault.
I don't know why you're still bringing this up.
Lubomir25

Post by Lubomir25 »

Lorric wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 20:29 Scottish Cup, yesterday, Hibs beat Inverness 5-2.

Just now, Hearts 1 Rangers 0. Third failure at Tynecastle this season, and they only have themselves to blame, it was a poor performance.

Lubomir25 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 19:00 Rangers suspend Alfredo Morelos for reporting back late from Columbia. Must be the scottish refs fault.
Cause you haven't came out saying it was a daft statement to make despite the evidence piling up its Rangers fault and nobody elses
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Lubomir25 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 20:30
Lorric wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 20:29 Scottish Cup, yesterday, Hibs beat Inverness 5-2.

Cause you haven't came out saying it was a daft statement to make despite the evidence piling up its Rangers fault and nobody elses
Well I'm not gonna say that. Big, game-changing referee errors were made, and I don't know why you think otherwise. And you'd still be in the lead even if Rangers win the game in hand, and all the decisions went right and they scored the penalties. I'm not saying you don't merit 1st.