Ukrainian football season 2019-20

Domestic league and cup football
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Firnen wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 20:53
Funkmaster wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 20:39
dnina10 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 20:27 I am truly shocked to see what Zorya just did. They must have found out that Dynamo were losing, and they did absolutely nothing to go for the win. Instead, they just defended the point they had. Did they not realize they had a chance at second spot? Unbelievable. I'm genuinely curious to know if they were paid by some of the Dynamo representatives. Absolutely terrible
I didn‘t watch the game, but I can unterstand their behaviour of playing it safe. I‘d rather take a safe EL-GS spot instead of risking it all to reach CL-Q3 where your chances are minimal anyways and then ending up in EL-Q3 because of conceding a stupid goal.
Ukrainian N2 starts from NCQ3, so ELGS is guaranteed. There is no excuse.
Correct. I've thought they'd drop into ELQ4 after failing in NCQ3. Maybe they're just so impotent.
kleber

Post by kleber »

dnina10 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 20:27 I am truly shocked to see what Zorya just did. They must have found out that Dynamo were losing, and they did absolutely nothing to go for the win. Instead, they just defended the point they had. Did they not realize they had a chance at second spot? Unbelievable. I'm genuinely curious to know if they were paid by some of the Dynamo representatives. Absolutely terrible
They wanted to defend the bronze medals.

Dinamo a joke,kolos had 11 games and 11 loses in this second phase.
dnina10

Post by dnina10 »

If I'm Gent and the rest of those teams in Champions League qualifying, they may be seeded throughout, but I wouldn't fear them. They look toothless. Club Brugge knocked them out last season, and honestly, if they take on a team like AZ or Gent in qualifying with that lack of quality, I can't see them winning, certainly not in the playoff round
dnina10

Post by dnina10 »

kleber wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 21:03

Defending bronze looks weak. If this team wants to be taken seriously, they should be ambitious and seriously competing for second. Not camping out at the back hoping to avoid Europa League qualifying I wonder how they feel now knowing that Dynamo lost and all they had to do was finish second. It's a pity Desna had lost to Oleksandriya. We would have actually seen a good game had they won the game before
Funkmaster

Post by Funkmaster »

dnina10 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 21:13 If I'm Gent and the rest of those teams in Champions League qualifying, they may be seeded throughout, but I wouldn't fear them. They look toothless. Club Brugge knocked them out last season, and honestly, if they take on a team like AZ or Gent in qualifying with that lack of quality, I can't see them winning, certainly not in the playoff round
I think Gent would be favorites against Dinamo, they would certainly also have their chances against Benfica. Krasnodar would have been an unpleasant opponent, so imo it‘s not bad for them being unseeded in CL-PO.
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

Gent is definitely favourites against Dinamo Kiev.
kleber

Post by kleber »

dnina10 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 21:17

Defending bronze looks weak. If this team wants to be taken seriously, they should be ambitious and seriously competing for second. Not camping out at the back hoping to avoid Europa League qualifying I wonder how they feel now knowing that Dynamo lost and all they had to do was finish second. It's a pity Desna had lost to Oleksandriya. We would have actually seen a good game had they won the game before

The nightmare would be losing the 3 place,going all forward and desna scorung.

They realy need that 4 millions from europa league gs,even doing zero points they will get that.

Zorya should sold a starter to lask for 300.000 euros lol.
matt

Post by matt »

I didn't watch the game, so i can't judge. However, if there was a team with nothing to lose in the final minutes, it was Desna. They needed a win to secure ELGS.
International break hater
Funkmaster

Post by Funkmaster »

kleber wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 21:41
dnina10 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 21:17

The nightmare would be losing the 3 place,going all forward and desna scorung.

They realy need that 4 millions from europa league gs,even doing zero points they will get that.

Zorya should sold a starter to lask for 300.000 euros lol.
That‘s exactly I was talking about, Zorya really wanted to make sure playing GS.

Yes, Yevgen Cheberko should move to LASK. Quite interesting, only 22-years old, regular starter for Zorya and very cheap. I heard he is the captain of Ukraine‘s U21 as well?
Metallica1989

Post by Metallica1989 »

dnina10 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 21:13 If I'm Gent and the rest of those teams in Champions League qualifying, they may be seeded throughout, but I wouldn't fear them. They look toothless. Club Brugge knocked them out last season, and honestly, if they take on a team like AZ or Gent in qualifying with that lack of quality, I can't see them winning, certainly not in the playoff round
Dynamo's problem is that at the moment they have a very weak coach, in the offseason they will 100% get a new coaching staff and Dynamo will not look so shabby, so the chances if they meet with Gent in the playoff round, I would designate as 50-50
kleber

Post by kleber »

matt wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 22:03 I didn't watch the game, so i can't judge. However, if there was a team with nothing to lose in the final minutes, it was Desna. They needed a win to secure ELGS.
Full game is on youtube

Zorya in the last minutes were just defending and wasting time.
kleber

Post by kleber »

Metallica1989 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 23:00
Dynamo's problem is that at the moment they have a very weak coach, in the offseason they will 100% get a new coaching staff and Dynamo will not look so shabby, so the chances if they meet with Gent in the playoff round, I would designate as 50-50
Was khatskevich any better?
Metallica1989

Post by Metallica1989 »

Khatskevich more better then Miho...2 years in a raw 1\8EL..imposed a real fight for the leader in upl..progress young players
kleber

Post by kleber »

Skrypnyk new dynamo coach? :lol:

Mikhaylichenko leaves his second term as dynamo coach with a cup.
kleber

Post by kleber »

Lucescu new dynamo coach. :mrgreen: