Romania - season 2020/21

Domestic league and cup football
cinebelul

Romania - season 2020/21

Post by cinebelul »

Romanian domestic championship started past weekend as well, with following results:

FC Arges - FC Botosani 2-3
Viitorul - UTA 1-1
Sepsi - U.Craiova 0-1
Astra - FCSB 0-3
CSM Iasi - Chindia 1-0
Clinceni - CFR Cluj 1-2
Voluntari - Gaz Metan 2-1
Dinamo - Hermannstadt 1-1

After 30MDs, there will be a play-off involving top 6 teams and a play-out with the other 10 teams. The play-out will be played only single leg, which will have as result that some teams will have played 4 home and 5 away games during that play-out and others 5 home and 4 away games, which is imo unfair. The play-out also delivered past yrs a lot of unnecessary and totally pointless games, so now there will be more games like that...
Totally weird - the winner of the play-out will be given a chance to get a spot for EL, playing against the worst ranked for EL in the play-off, which is in my opinion unfair as well.
I think it would be much more appropriate to have a play-out involving only 4 bottom teams, or even less complicated, bottom 2 relegate directly, 14th and 13th play a 2-legged tie, the loser play against 3rd of Liga2. But I would like much more if they would finish the season after 30MDs and dont have any play-off/out anymore
Covfefe !
bossake

Post by bossake »

The rule of playing the worst EL participant against the winner of the playout (at best 7th placed) is a totally stupid one. Actually even the 8th 9th or 10th place maybe will play this game for EL if the 7th placed will not have EL licence. And our "worst" EL can be placed 3th. So you can easily have a game between 3rd placed and the 7th,8th or 10th placed for playing in Europe. How will feel the 4th, 5th placed teams which will participate in the playoff but will dont have any chance for EL ?!

I still see big chances for this rule to be deleted.
subway14

Post by subway14 »

Dinamo back to bottling again 😂
bossake

Post by bossake »

In 2000's years Romanian people was invading Spain for working there. Now, in 2020 Spanish football players and staff are invading the Romanian footbal :D hehe...

The first important thing needs to be said is that after years and years of being in pain because of low money Dinamo Bucharest this summer was taked by a Spanish Board. Apparenty the new owner name is Pablo Cortacero, a relatively unknown name also for spanish football. It may be just an interface for someone else. But once taked the club he bringed at the club Ruffo Collado as a sport director (this name might be a bit more known in spanish football?!). Also Melero Marin name is reported to be implicated in this.

They appointed Cosmin Contra as a manager (former player of Getafe, Atletico Madrid or Milan) and bringed a bunch of spanish players from 2nd division. Spanish names like Borja Valle, Isma Lopes, Alexander Gonzalez, Tomas Mejias,Juan Camara + Janusz Gol(polish) and Adam Nemec (Slovak)arrived at the club.All of them earning salaries between 150.000-200.000EUR each and for Borja Valle the news reports a 400.000 salary. With only this players Dinamo easily reached the top3 high salaries of our league and if they will bring another 2-3 players paid like this they will be highest pay club in Romania !
But the strange situation is because the name of the new owner didnt inspire too much confidence everybody still has an asking question like: they will be able to pay such crazy salaries?! For buying the club they paid only 300-400.000euros because the old owner of Dinamo wanted desperately to give the team to anyone else because the club had anyway at that time about 1-1.5 Milion Eur debts and he didnt want to inject anymore money.

For bringing players Dinamo didnt paied any transfer fee, bringed only free players so the real answer of all the doubts will be in the next 1-2-3 months when they will have to pay the salaries. Even the Dinamo coach sais that "he hopes the owners to be serious in paying what they promised"...

Beside of that Spanish situation from Dinamo also in Viitorul, Gheorghe Hagi decided to retire from coaching the club and will be only the owner of the club. He appointed a coach from Spain - Ruben de la Barrera. Apparently he dont have a very good start of the season and I believe is hard to coach a team where the owner is such an implicated person like Hagi is.

Also in June (in the period when the last season was playing) Fc Hermannstatd apointed the Spanish Ruben Alben as a coach. He had an incredible good finish of the season with his team so he keeped his position for this season too. Apparently he created a solid team there and his job is very appreciated in Romania.

Also Viitorul and Hermandstatd because of their spanish coaches bringed some spanish players but no so known and 3 spanish players in Viitorul and 1 in Herrmanstatd until now.
subway14

Post by subway14 »

subway14

Post by subway14 »

just when Dinamo thought they're taking off they back to bottling again 😂
subway14

Post by subway14 »

and now they lost to FCSB in the derby 😂
subway14

Post by subway14 »

now 4 losses in a row for Dinamo Image
subway14

Post by subway14 »

SimonB

Post by SimonB »

subway14 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 20:26 Poli Iași scores and lights go out Image
Exactly the same thing happened at West Ham in 1997 I believe when they had just equalized at 2-2 against Crystal Palace, and if I remember correctly there were allegations of a betting scam, but I can't remember what was found out, if anything.
subway14

Post by subway14 »

subway14

Post by subway14 »

CFR bottling at home again, looks like title race is between CSU and FCSB this season (meanwhile Academica Clinceni are in 4th place suddenly) :o
wannabeontop

Post by wannabeontop »

Craiova are having a terrible couple of weeks. Kolozsvár back in 2nd place.
In Game of Thrones conquerors always say to the defeated side: "Bend the knee and you''ll live". As if they weren't alive right now.

I'm smarter than it shows. Just don't want to discourage anyone.
subway14

Post by subway14 »

wannabeontop wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 07:15 Craiova are having a terrible couple of weeks. Kolozsvár back in 2nd place.
Kolozsvár :roll:
Last edited by subway14 on Mon Jan 25, 2021 18:14, edited 1 time in total.
wannabeontop

Post by wannabeontop »

subway14 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 18:44
wannabeontop wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 07:15 Craiova are having a terrible couple of weeks. Kolozsvár back in 2nd place.
Koloszvár :roll:
No, Kolozsvár.
In Game of Thrones conquerors always say to the defeated side: "Bend the knee and you''ll live". As if they weren't alive right now.

I'm smarter than it shows. Just don't want to discourage anyone.