UEFA to ban Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus from Champions League (SUPER LEAGUE)

including formats, draws, seedings, etc.
ththth10

UEFA to ban Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus from Champions League (SUPER LEAGUE)

Post by ththth10 »

First: Bert, if this topic is in the wrong subforum then please let me know or move this discussion.

Then:

COPE is reporting that UEFA wants to ban Real Madrid and Barcelona and Juventus from next season's Champions League.

https://twitter.com/partidazocope/statu ... 2544930816

Anyone has more info on this?
hertolo

Post by hertolo »

I'll believe it when the group stage starts.
tourist24

Post by tourist24 »

Presumably, if they did ban the teams, it would be appealed to CAS and not affect the beginning of 21/22 anyway.
Michael S Collins

Post by Michael S Collins »

It'll be changed on appeal to UEFA giving them money instead.
OlliWender

Post by OlliWender »

tourist24 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 09:24 Presumably, if they did ban the teams, it would be appealed to CAS and not affect the beginning of 21/22 anyway.
Exactly. Even if Uefa would be able to win the lawsuit, it would take months. And when they lose they would also have to revoke the penalties against the other 9 clubs.
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

They deserved but not going to happen
ngfsmg

Post by ngfsmg »

I just did a quick mock draw for the CL assuming those 3 clubs are removed and Real Sociedad, Betis and Napoli get their places:
It's in Portuguese but I think it's understandable. It's also totally fair and not biased at all towards a certain country :grin1:
angel_87

Post by angel_87 »

ngfsmg wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 11:32 I just did a quick mock draw for the CL assuming those 3 clubs are removed and Real Sociedad, Betis and Napoli get their places:
It's in Portuguese but I think it's understandable. It's also totally fair and not biased at all towards a certain country :grin1:
very interesting situation, i wouldn't mind you know ??
:grin1:
Todor

Post by Todor »

In this case, Villarreal would be promoted to an EL place and will free a place in the groups of the tournament. The Spanish ECL place will go to Granada I think, and the access list for both tournaments will be re-shuffled.
dnina10

Post by dnina10 »

Todor wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 15:40 In this case, Villarreal would be promoted to an EL place and will free a place in the groups of the tournament. The Spanish ECL place will go to Granada I think, and the access list for both tournaments will be re-shuffled.
The EL spot would then likely go to Royal Antwerp, N3 of Belgium. What happens after that is all up in the air, of course
matt

Post by matt »

International break hater
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

matt wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 18:04 https://www.football-espana.net/2022/10 ... t-assembly

This man is obsessed.
Can't take no for an answer. The toys all came out of the pram when he couldn't have Mbappe.
Greyn

Post by Greyn »

He also said that football matches should be shorter than 90 minutes because "young people claim that football matches are too long".

https://www.espn.com/soccer/real-madrid ... -shortened

Not even worth to comment his nonsenses.
OlliWender

Post by OlliWender »

His Federer/Nadal/Djokovic comparison he made is also nonsense. They've played more than 60 matches against each other because of their generational talent and almost never losing before grand slam or masters semifinals. They didn't meet so often because they played in the first or second round of tournaments but always in the semifinal or final. Perez has no clue about tennis and is talking as if the matches between them were deliberately fabricated by the draw makers or sth.

The "problem" in football is that we have more than 3 dominating teams but even then we still get Real Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Liverpool in the CL Last 8 every year. Now with the new CL format from 2024 on, Madrid would play against two teams from the first two pots each, so that should already give them interesting opponents even in the group stage.
OlliWender

Post by OlliWender »

New European Super League boss eyes kick-off in 3 years with different format

https://www.ft.com/content/28a6bb35-ac5 ... 6e1a57d3e9