Italian football season 2021/2022

Domestic league and cup football
offside

Post by offside »

bbi wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 20:26Winning this title brought such a great feeling. I got disconnected with the team with the previous owners, even if I had watched most of the games, but there were some many decisions I didn't understood that eventually proved to be wrong and brought Milan to the middle of the table. Since Maldini came back I got the feeling of a plan actually being put into place and I was able to watch each piece of the puzzle fall into place and culminate with this title. Certainly will be one of my fondest football memories seeing this team develop. Hope they will be able to go to the next level. Another 3 year cycle at least is needed to see the effects.
The ownership of AC Milan is likely to change again quite soon, however Maldini is likely to keep his role also under the new ownership.
offside

Post by offside »

offside wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 18:28The ownership of AC Milan is likely to change again quite soon
Now it is official. Links (in Italian):
https://sport.sky.it/calcio/serie-a/202 ... uncio-news
https://www.calciomercato.com/news/mila ... iott-96864
https://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-a ... 22-1689781
offside

Post by offside »

offside

Post by offside »

Final verdicts

Champion of Italy
AC Milan
(Champions League GS)

Champions League GS
Internazionale
Napoli
Juventus

Europa League GS
Lazio
AS Roma

Europa Conference League QRs
Fiorentina

Relegated in Serie B
Cagliari
Genoa
Venezia

Promoted in Serie A
Lecce
Cremonese
Monza
bbi

Post by bbi »

New Milan owners seem to be willing to follow on the footsteps of the previous one.(Elliot will continue to have some shares of Milan and have representatives on the board). They will probably continue with Maldini and Massara which have expiring contracts. And will have a similar approach and try to make Milan self sustainable, they will probably be careful of any acquisition and look to bring players that can improve at Milan and increase their value or players with out contract fees, certainly won't see established young players any time soon. Which I am ok with. Still they will probably have to invest more on the market than Elliot if they want to get to next level, at least that is what Maldini has said in a interview before the takeover. So I expect that if Maldini does continue some promises will have been made. Waiting for the outcome of these discussions.
FORZA STEAUA! FORZA MILAN!
offside

Post by offside »

bbi wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 22:32They will probably continue with Maldini and Massara which have expiring contracts.
They are confirmed in their roles.