UEFA Nations League 2022/23

Euro 2024, World Cup 2026, etc.
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

Marko Livaja (Hajduk Split) left the camp after being verbally assaulted by several fans at the open training session in Rijeka. He's a polarizing figure, a demigod for Hajduk fans, but an enfant terrible of Croatian football for the rest because controversies and questionable behavior that irritates many people stick to him like glue.

Given that it's not an injury, Croatia cannot replace him and will have only 22 players at the Final Four.
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

Josko Gvardiol has been ruled out due to abdominal injury. That is a big blow for Croatia.
Kamtedrejt

Post by Kamtedrejt »

nogomet wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 09:43 Josko Gvardiol has been ruled out due to abdominal injury. That is a big blow for Croatia.
It is. That's why I don't have Croatia winning it anymore. My predictions:

🥇 🇳🇱 Netherlands (hosts)
🥈 🇮🇹 Italy
🥉 🇭🇷 Croatia
4th 🇪🇦 Spain
YAYgee

Post by YAYgee »

Kamtedrejt wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:27
nogomet wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 09:43 Josko Gvardiol has been ruled out due to abdominal injury. That is a big blow for Croatia.

🥇 🇳🇱 Netherlands (hosts)
🥈 🇮🇹 Italy
🥉 🇭🇷 Croatia
4th 🇪🇦 Spain
pretty close
amenina

Post by amenina »

YAYgee wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 00:06

🥇 🇳🇱 Netherlands (hosts)
🥈 🇮🇹 Italy
🥉 🇭🇷 Croatia
4th 🇪🇦 Spain
pretty close
100% correct if you are reading on a smartphone and turn it 180 degrees. :fingal:

(Says the person who as a child predicted a Denmark vs England Euro 88 final and the two teams proceeded to combine for a total of ZERO points in the group stage)
amenina

Post by amenina »

2022/23 Nations League top scorers: Haaland and Mitrović

https://www.uefa.com/uefanationsleague/ ... -mitrovic/

2022/23 Nations League top scorers (group stage to final)
6 Erling Haaland (Norway)
6 Aleksandar Mitrović (Serbia)

5 Vladislavs Gutkovskis (Latvia)
5 Khvicha Kvaratskhelia (Georgia)
5 Vedat Muriqi (Kosovo)

4 Henri Anier (Estonia)
4 Serdar Dursun (Türkiye)
4 Janis Ikaunieks (Latvia)
4 Stefan Mugoša (Montenegro)
4 Ion Nicolaescu (Romania)
4 Gerson Rodrigues (Luxembourg)
Kamtedrejt

Post by Kamtedrejt »

YAYgee wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 00:06

🥇 🇳🇱 Netherlands (hosts)
🥈 🇮🇹 Italy
🥉 🇭🇷 Croatia
4th 🇪🇦 Spain
pretty close
UEFA Nations league finals are maybe other than AFCON the toughest international tournament to predict. I'm not surprised I got this wrong. For a time I had a Croatia - Spain final but even then I would have picked Croatia to win. I won't overestimate the Netherlands anymore after this.
Korgutt

Post by Korgutt »

About next edition of Nations League. Russia is relegated from League B to League C. Last edition the second placed Nations in League B must remove the points taken from nations relegated to League C for finding out which nation to be 21,22,23 and 24.
I think many nations in League C will be happy to draw Russia in their group because in this group it will not be neccesary to remove results against fourth placed in League C.
Another question. Will Russia be topseeded in this League together with Armenia, Romania and Sweden?
Jackson Harrison

Post by Jackson Harrison »

Korgutt wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 17:34 About next edition of Nations League. Russia is relegated from League B to League C. Last edition the second placed Nations in League B must remove the points taken from nations relegated to League C for finding out which nation to be 21,22,23 and 24.
I think many nations in League C will be happy to draw Russia in their group because in this group it will not be neccesary to remove results against fourth placed in League C.
Another question. Will Russia be topseeded in this League together with Armenia, Romania and Sweden?
If Russia is still banned before the draw the best runner-up of League B will replace them and League B will have 7-1 teams.
amenina

Post by amenina »

Korgutt wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 17:34 About next edition of Nations League. Russia is relegated from League B to League C. Last edition the second placed Nations in League B must remove the points taken from nations relegated to League C for finding out which nation to be 21,22,23 and 24.
According to the overall ranking of 2022/23 UNL, Russia is ranked 32nd, behind the three teams you mentioned which were also relegated from League B. So if they are included in the draw, they should be top seeded with them in League C of 2024/25 UNL.

https://www.uefa.com/uefanationsleague/ ... -rankings/

Of course, there is little chance that Russia would be reinstated at the time of the draw, which should be early next year. So if Russia remains banned and are excluded from the draw, what would happen to the vacant place in League C with only 15 teams?

Right now, there are two relegation play-out scheduled in March 2024: Cyprus vs Gibraltar and Belarus vs Lithuania. Will UEFA, for example, spare Cyprus and Belarus (ironic, isn't it) from the relegation play-outs and keep them in League C, and have Lithuania and Gibraltar play each other and the winner also staying in League C. Or perhaps they can promote Moldova, the best group runner-up in League D, or ask Moldova and Malta, the two group runners-up in League D, play each other with the winner promoted to League D?
Korgutt

Post by Korgutt »

@amenina here it is. Nations League 2022/23
amenina

Post by amenina »

League C relegation play-outs, first leg
Gibraltar 0-1 Lithuania
amenina

Post by amenina »

League C relegation play-outs, second leg
Lithuania 1-0 Gibraltar

Lithuania won 2-0 on aggregate and stayed in League C. Gibraltar were relegated to League D for the 2024/25 UNL.

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/forum2/viewto ... &start=105