CSKA Sofia status-history

Anything football. NO POLITICS please.
KRB

CSKA Sofia status-history

Post by KRB »

I want to ask you about CSKA Sofia. As I saw it is written as CSKA-Sofia. Now they are playing against Roma and I check the "Match info" at the UEFA website. It is interesting to take a look:

https://www.uefa.com/printoutfiles/comp ... 351_pk.pdf

:exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

If you check those teams h2h played just last year and it says Roma, except CSKA-Sofia has played thrice other Bulgarian teams. In the other times they played twice CSKA Sofia!!!

Therefore UEFA does not recognise CSKA Sofia as continuation of CSKA-Sofia! Why is that? Is that happening in the Bulgarian league? As I read they won the Bulgarian Cup last year. Bulgarian FA recognised it their first Cup or as the 21st? What did the media say?
Todor

Post by Todor »

To cut the long story short. CSKA Sofia were liquidated in 2016 for debts. Litex Lovech then in the second tier were renamed to CSKA-Sofia Sofia and changed their location from Lovech to Sofia. The Bulgarian First League was expanded from 12 to 14 teams and the renamed Litex was reinstated in the Bulgarian top tier. They took the stadium, the batch and the colours of the original team, but were not allowed to use the name CSKA Sofia, as regulations forbid the use of liquidated teams for 5 years, hence they are still CSKA-Sofia Sofia. A new team named Litex was created, that bought the licence of Botev (Lukovit) and took their place in the Bulgarian football pyramid.
The club CSKA-Sofia Sofia pleaded before UEFA that they are Litex renamed for commercial reasona, so UEFA let them in the European competitions without waiting for 3 years.
matt

Post by matt »

What a mess! The lifelong CSKA Sofia fans support CSKA-Sofia or CSKA 1948 Sofia? The stadium against Viktoria Plzen a few months ago was quite full.
International break hater
krdel

Post by krdel »

Some support one and others the other. I prefer 1948. I hate clubs cheating like Litex.
There is also a nice sticker (by levski fans I presume):

This is not an only such case. There are also two U Craiovas and and of course Steaua and FCSB in Romania.
UEFA - We care about money. Pravda za Kolubaru!
shnura

Post by shnura »

Now the real story (after all the kiddies stories from above, nice try Todore). Back in the mid 90s the current owner Grisha Ganchev was trying to obtain CSKA, but he was denied again and again by different circumstances (basically many people didn't want such a wealthy man which he was back then, to be in charge of CSKA) so he settled with Litex Lovech ("Litex" is the name of his company). Now back to CSKA, after numerous attacks against the club from the football union governing bodies and even the state itself, who are trying to liquidate CSKA since 1989, blaming it's a "communist club that doesn't belong in the current democratic times" (or some bullshit like that). All in all CSKA was hit especially hard in 2008 when the football union along with Levski president Todor Batkov basically stole the CL license of CSKA, which put the club in spiraling fall. Then, in 2009 the then prime minister Boyko Borisov (notorious Levski fan) brought a new company Titan ltd (a trash collector) in attempt to "save" CSKA, but instead they did the opposite, for about 4 years till 2013 they were signing numerous contracts with different players (some of them were not even real players) with enormous for the local standards salaries, without any intent to pay them. It is believed this was done on purpose to bankrupt CSKA. So, after 2013 all those players (most of them haven't played more than 1-2 matches) and their managers started suing the club one after another and so on. The next owner Alexander Tomov were unable to hold the free fall and in 2015 BFU were very excited to send CSKA in the 3rd division. I mean, they were so excited they even took out Lokomotiv Sofia also, just to show how principled they are (of course Loko Sofia had 4 times less debt than Levski Sofia but i guess they weren't THAT principled when it come to Levski debts). So CSKA finds itself in 3rd tier and there it's finally taken by Grisha Ganchev who is the fans favorite for that position since 1990s. 2015/2016 season started and BFU realizes it's own mistake when ratings of the A grupa are at their all times low and CSKA games in 3rd league have higher ratings. A grupa has only 10 teams left and by the end of the season they are only 9 so basically an urgent reform is need. So for the 2016/2017 season BFU unwillingly had to make a league reform and bring back CSKA in it. However CSKA current entity is drowning in debts and it's unable to operate, so Grisha Ganchev's Litex Lovech entity buys CSKA Sofia emblem and part of the debts at 8 million levs (around 4 million euros). He claims he basically were following Glasgow Rangers reincarnation steps in 2012 by 100%. Of course many people in the BFU (connected with Levski "surprise surprise") were not happy with CSKA being brought back, so they make up this "CSKA-Sofia" thing as the prize for it, including denying sending to UEFA the papers proving that this club is the legal successor of CSKA Sofia. CSKA has communicated numerous time with UEFA on this issue and they got the response that in regards to clubs history, UEFA is only publishing what the local federations are sending them. Which means that "CSKA-Sofia" circus will continue until the current governing body of BFU is in charge. The day Dimitar Berbatov finally manage to overthrow them i'm sure CSKA's history will "miraculously" appear again.
Oh and about the "other" CSKA 1948 that exists in the league. First of all they are not even registered as CSKA but as "Football club Central Sport club of the Army 1948", they don't have the right to claim "CSKA" abbreviation but again the totally "fair" and "uncorrupted" BFU are turning blind eye on them. However the official statement of this club is that it was created in 2016 by a group of fans who were disagreeing with Grisha Ganchev plan. But in reality those "group of fans" are in the likes of 20-30 people average game attendance (footballers relatives) and the club is widely believed to be sponsored by Ludogorets owner who is in bad realation with Ganchev. Basically this club has nothing in common with CSKA, no name, no emblem, no stadium, no fans, no nothing. it only exist to create confusion, which i see by the existence of this thread sometimes it's working for them.
Todor

Post by Todor »

So how does it change the fact that Litex were renamed to CSKA-Sofia and moved to Sofia?
krdel

Post by krdel »

Exactly. All this does not change the fact that Litex renamed to CSKA-Sofia.

CSKA (this fake hybrid I mean) fans know the truth deep down and that is hurting them.
shnura

Post by shnura »

And your rants doesn't change the fact this CSKA is the only legal successor of the previous bankrupt one and that is that. Also i don't know how much knowledge you have on Bulgarian football and where do you get it from, but if we put the things your way then most of the clubs in the First League are cheating "fake hybrids". Almost everyone bankrupted or ceased to exist at some point and they just made new ones or renamed other clubs (Lokomotiv Plovdiv is renamed Velbujd Kustendil, Botev Plovidiv is renamed Metalik Sopot, Beroe is renamed Olimpik Teteven and so on), but unlike CSKA, they didn't went through long and exhausting procedures like buying back the emblem and the assets or paying any previous debts, they just reformed silently and no one gave a crap. Other clubs like Levski are cheating just for still being let in the professional football as they haven't pay taxes for years and about Ludogorets cheating for the last 10 years i can write three times longer post than the previous one. So excuse me for not buying this whole "CSKA Sofia bad" crap.
Btw you know what really is hurting CSKA fans currently - the stadium condition, which looks like a dumpster, now this is real stuff to be embarrassed about.
KRB

Post by KRB »

shnura wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 03:37 And your rants doesn't change the fact this CSKA is the only legal successor of the previous bankrupt one and that is that. Also i don't know how much knowledge you have on Bulgarian football and where do you get it from, but if we put the things your way then most of the clubs in the First League are cheating "fake hybrids". Almost everyone bankrupted or ceased to exist at some point and they just made new ones or renamed other clubs (Lokomotiv Plovdiv is renamed Velbujd Kustendil, Botev Plovidiv is renamed Metalik Sopot, Beroe is renamed Olimpik Teteven and so on), but unlike CSKA, they didn't went through long and exhausting procedures like buying back the emblem and the assets or paying any previous debts, they just reformed silently and no one gave a crap. Other clubs like Levski are cheating just for still being let in the professional football as they haven't pay taxes for years and about Ludogorets cheating for the last 10 years i can write three times longer post than the previous one. So excuse me for not buying this whole "CSKA Sofia bad" crap.
Btw you know what really is hurting CSKA fans currently - the stadium condition, which looks like a dumpster, now this is real stuff to be embarrassed about.
At the moment seems it is not legal successor. I don't know if they will be in the future.
krdel

Post by krdel »

shnura wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 03:37 Also i don't know how much knowledge you have on Bulgarian football and where do you get it from, but if we put the things your way then most of the clubs in the First League are cheating "fake hybrids". Almost everyone bankrupted or ceased to exist at some point and they just made new ones or renamed other clubs (Lokomotiv Plovdiv is renamed Velbujd Kustendil, Botev Plovidiv is renamed Metalik Sopot, Beroe is renamed Olimpik Teteven and so on)...
I know all that? And? This is a topic about CSKA. If there was a topic about Botev, Beroe... my comments would be the same.

And yes, they are not a legal succesor. Well they are... a legal succesor of Litex. They only bought the CSKA brand.
shnura

Post by shnura »

There're official FIFA and CAS statements on it. So yes they are.
Btw even Giorgio Marchetti during the ECL GS draw presented CSKA as "the only Bulgarian team with 2 semifinals in the ECC", i mean if Litex ever reached 2 euro semifinals i've surely missed that somehow.