Bulgarian Football Season 2022-2023

Domestic league and cup football
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

I have a blue house with a blue window.
Blue is the colour of all that I wear.
Blue are the streets and all the trees are too.
I have a girlfriend and she is so blue.
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Ludogorets draws 1:1 with HJK in Helsinki

HJK Helsinki and Ludogorets finished 1:1 in an extremely interesting match at the Bolt Arena stadium in the Finnish capital. Bulgarian team took the lead in the 10th minute through Tissera, but the hosts equalized in the 55th minute. Thus, the distance between the two teams in the ratings remains 3 points before they meet again in a week in Razgrad.

The coach of the "eagles" Ante Shimunja expectedly left Sisinho out of the starting line-up. Captain Anton Nedyalkov, who in the last matches acted as a central defender, was moved to his place as a left defender. Thus, Olivier Verdon's partner was Igor Plastun. It was also curious at the top of the attack. There instead of Igor Thiago, who was the starter in the meetings with Roma and Betis, the Argentinian Matias Tissera came on. We cannot fail to note the fact that Papua New Guinea international David Brown of the home team was included as a starter. Apparently, for the first time a football player from this distant country played against a Bulgarian team.

The match was played on an artificial surface, on which the Eagles usually had problems in recent years.

In the 3rd minute, the home team got into a good position. After an attack from the left, Lingman shot, but into the body of his teammate Malik Abubakari and the ball went out.

Ludogorets took the lead in the 10th minute. Bernard Tekpetei started a quick attack, found Cowley, who with a fine pass behind the seam led Matias Tissera, and the Argentinian elegantly dropped the ball between the legs of Connor Hazard - 1:0.

HJK could have equalized in the 27th minute. The home team broke down the right, Hetemay shot from a clear position with the ball going into Pad's net but rebounding to Malik Abubakari who saved. After that, Pad also kicked a shot into the corner. 10 minutes later Cowley found Bernard Tekpetei who shot powerfully from a good position but straight at Connor Hazard. In the 42nd minute, Kiirl Despodov asked for a penalty, but the Ukrainian referee Evgeny Aranovski judged that there was none.

HJK was close to a goal in the first seconds of the second half. The Papuan Brown broke away from Vitri and was left alone against Pad shot very badly, straight into the hands of the Dutchman. A shot by Hetemay followed, but it was out.

HJK equalized in the 55th minute. Then, Hetemai headed Nedyalkov after a cross from a foul by Hostika, and this time there was nothing to save Pad. Ludogorets did not score a second goal just a few seconds later - Despodov crossed from a foul to Piotrovski, who from a clear position would have scored, but Connor Hazard cleared. An attack by Cowley from the left followed, he passed to Despodov, who did not find the goal, and it seemed as if the ball had already gone out.

In the 70th minute, Ante Shimunja made a double substitution, bringing Thiago on for Tissera and also taking off defensive midfielder Manuel Shaw and bringing on the more offensive-minded Gustavo Nonato. It was he who with a good feint broke free from the home defender and shot with his left foot, but Connor Hazard saved. Ludogorets continued to press, with Thiago leading Despodov from the right, but his shot was also deflected. Despodov then returned the gesture and passed to Thiago, who missed for Nonato, whose weak shot was blocked.

HJK Helsinki came close to a second goal as reserve Olusanya opened up a shooting lane but missed the target. A new big situation for the Finns followed. Another reserve – Radulovic, escaped from the defense and was alone against Pad, Verdon was coming behind him, but the Serbian could not overcome the Dutch guard. Ludogorets had an opportunity through Despodov to shoot from a free kick, but the captain of the national team did not find the goal. In the last minute, Vitri broke through on the right and passed to Thiago, who returned to Nonato. His left foot shot went very close but wide.
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Strong Ludogorets beated HJK

Ludogorets secured matches in Europe in the spring as well, after beating Finnish HJK Helsinki 2:0. Thus, the champions drew 3 points on Roma, continuing to hold on to second place in Group C of the Europa League. Razgrad team cannot fall below the third place, which means that they have a guaranteed place in the 1/16-finals of the Conference League.

The first situation came in the 15th minute, when Jakub Piotrovski missed the goal with a header after a cross from a corner. Two very dangerous shots by Tekpetei and Anton Nedyalkov followed, but they did not trouble Conor Hazard either.

The logical thing happened in the 39th minute. After a good attack from the left, Rick knocked with his heel for Danny Grouper, who surprised Conor Hazard with a powerful shot - 1:0. Cowley then attempted a technical but failed. The visitors could have equalized after a mistake by Verdon, but Sergio Padt saved Abubakari's shot.

At the beginning of the second half, Sisinho intervened decisively after a shot by Hostika and scored. Cowley's header followed - out. After an hour of play, Ludogorets made an excellent counterattack, and at the end of it, Cowley would, but he almost missed scoring.

The score became 2:0 in the 65th minute. Tekpetei stole the ball from Hostika and went out on his own against Connor Hazard, cut it back for Rick and he couldn't make a mistake with his left foot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPZqOBMMrB0
Greyn

Post by Greyn »

Ludogorets had an unexpected "guest" during the training session, who stole GK's equipment.

https://twitter.com/shumanskoo/status/1 ... Cq1ZY4UBfA
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Greyn wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 08:48 Ludogorets had an unexpected "guest" during the training session, who stole GK's equipment.

ROTFL :)
shnura

Post by shnura »

https://youtu.be/Sw8Rg8NCQ8A
Blatantly disallowed goal for Botev Plovdiv in the 1st minute (an example why VAR is totally useless when you have the mafia on your side). And then Ludogorets complain why fewer and fewer people are supporting them in Europe - when in fact all other teams should organise riots against them by now.
SimonB

Post by SimonB »

levski.bg wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 13:42
Greyn wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 08:48 Ludogorets had an unexpected "guest" during the training session, who stole GK's equipment.

Must have thought that it was a foxglove :grin1:

(Look here if you don't get that rather poor attempt at humour https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digitalis)
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

SimonB wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 17:15
levski.bg wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 13:42

Must have thought that it was a foxglove :grin1:

(Look here if you don't get that rather poor attempt at humour https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digitalis)
Beautiful but deadly. This familiar flower has the power to cure and kill. :shock:
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

shnura wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 17:03 https://youtu.be/Sw8Rg8NCQ8A
Blatantly disallowed goal for Botev Plovdiv in the 1st minute (an example why VAR is totally useless when you have the mafia on your side). And then Ludogorets complain why fewer and fewer people are supporting them in Europe - when in fact all other teams should organise riots against them by now.
Absolutely. And the conspiracy is so big that "the mafia" is helping CSKA (eg. a crystal clear red card for Turitsov, ...somehow not given) to make the championship look more real and competitive :fingal: :rollfloor:
shnura

Post by shnura »

levski.bg wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 18:09
shnura wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 17:03 https://youtu.be/Sw8Rg8NCQ8A
Absolutely. And the conspiracy is so big that "the mafia" is helping CSKA (eg. a crystal clear red card for Turitsov, ...somehow not given) to make the championship look more real and competitive :fingal: :rollfloor:
The only " :rollfloor: " part are levski journalists pretending the goal is rightfully disallowed as they were in the exactly same situation like Ludogorets just a couple weeks ago when Botev goal was disallowed for the same non reason.
Bulgarian

Post by Bulgarian »

Ludogorets being helped in the domestic league? Shock.
The thing is they dont need the help if they play like they do in Europe but they are scared and want to be safe. God forbid they start in ECLQ2.
Our whole league sucks balls and deserves 0 attention.
Im glad i ditched it seven years ago.
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

shnura wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 16:54 The only " :rollfloor: " part are levski journalists pretending the goal is rightfully disallowed as they were in the exactly same situation like Ludogorets just a couple weeks ago when Botev goal was disallowed for the same non reason.
I had examples of referee mistakes against any team in First League, including Ludogorets (I had the same examples from the biggest championship in Europe, as well). Actually and statistically speaking, the mistakes in CSKA favour are dominating! Generally speaking Ludogorets are the best team in the league by far, so with mistakes or without them, your team is just not from their class.

For me, the referee work is improving and implementing VAR was great decision, and the football quality is improving, making the league more competitive, despite having a perpetually whining and complaining team (and strangely silent when the mistakes were in their favour).

Entering the First League with a fraudulent scheme years ago and complaining about some mafia standing in your way is still an arrogance that continues to amaze.
shnura

Post by shnura »

levski.bg wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 05:51 Entering the First League with a fraudulent scheme years ago and complaining about some mafia standing in your way is still an arrogance that continues to amaze.
Not being kicked out from the First League with a series of fraudulent schemes for years and complaining about some mafia standing in your way is still an arrogance that continues to amaze.
https://www.gol.bg/a/96-footballbulgari ... i-mihaylov
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Ludogorets played good but lost from Betis

Ludogorets lost 1-0 at home from Real Betis in a Group C match of the Europa League and thus second place will be decided in a head-to-head duel with Roma on November 3 in the Italian capital.

The 2018 world champion with France, Nabil Fekir, scored the only goal. The Eagles played very hard, especially in the first half. The statistics are definitely in favor of the champions, with the visitors scoring with their only shot on goal.

Ante Simundza made a few changes to his squad. Brazilian midfielder Pedro Naressi, who was preferred to Manuel Shaw, was given a starting place for the first time in Europe. Igor Thiago led the attack on behalf of Matias Tissera, and Cicinho was chosen at left-back in place of Danny Grupper.

Spain legend Joaquin led the team with the captain's armband. On it was the face of Trifon Ivanov, who played for "Benito Villamarin" in the early 90`s. The Spanish international Sergio Canales was also a starter.

Ludogorets made its first good attack in the 3rd minute. Tekpetey broke down the right and cut back a little for Rick Jhonatan. The Brazilian from an absolutely clean position shot poorly, and just in case, Claudio Bravo kicked in a corner. After his performance, Anton Nedyalkov shot straight into the hands of the Chilean guard. Another good attack by Ludogorets followed. Before Cauly found space to fight, but he didn't do it hard enough and didn't make it difficult for Bravo. In the 11th minute, Tekpetey made a sharp pass for Cauly, who, although in a clear position, was unable to reach the ball. Another action followed by Cauly, who, however, instead of passing to an uncovered teammate, tried a strange shot that missed the target. In the 22nd minute, Claudio Bravo showed his class again. This time after a nice strike on the ground by Igor Thiago.

In the 26th minute, after a dispute over a high ball with Cicinho, Betis captain Joaquin collapsed to the ground. He got injured and was replaced by Luis Enrique. After half an hour of play, Ludogorets made another good attack. Cauly and Tekeptey were again involved in it, but the Ghanaian's shot was not accurate, although it went close. A very quick attack from the left followed, with Rick and Cauly exchanging quick passes, a pass to Igor Thiago followed, but a Betis defender cleared. In the 40th minute, Thiago escaped from the defense, the Brazilian wondered whether to pass or beat, eventually he tried a pass for Tektepey but Juan Miranda with a brilliant split cleared.

For the first part, it can be concluded that Ludogorets showed an excellent face and outplayed his famous opponent, making 9 shots, 4 of which were accurate, but Claudio Bravo was irresistible.

World champion Nabil Fekir came on for Betis at the break, replacing defensive midfielder Akuku with a winger that clearly showed Manuel Pellegrini's desire to change something in his team's game, and he did. In the 52nd minute, Ludogorets asked for a penalty for a foul against Rick Jhonatan, but it was not awarded, as according to the referee, the contact with a Spanish player was not enough to point to the penalty spot.

In the 56th minute, Betis took the lead. After the touch, the ball reached Luis Enrique. He made a no-look pass to Nabil Fekir, Aslak Fonn Witry covered the offside and Fekir outplayed Olivier Verdon to open the scoring with no problems. Until the end of the match, Ludogorets tried to return the goal, but there were no clean scoring chances. Thus, the second place in Group C of the Europa League will be decided on November, 3th at the Olimpico in Rome.

It should be noted that Claude Gonsalves, who was recovering from an operation, returned to play for the team of Razgrad.