Firnen

Post by Firnen »

PLAY OFFS MD 8/10

Aris - Volos 4-2
AEK - Olympiacos 0-0
Panathinaikos - PAOK 1-1

STANDINGS

Panathinaikos......23-8-3....77 (CLQ3)
AEK.................24-5-5.....77 (CLQ2)
Olympiacos.......19-10-5.....67 (ECLQ2/ELQ3)
PAOK..............18-10-6......64 (ECLQ2/ELQ3)
Aris................15-5-14.....50 (ECLQ2)
Volos...............11-7-16.....40

- Aris will play in ECLQ2 again next year, they mathematically secure 5th place after beating punching bag Volos 4-2. Volos is 0-1-7 in the play-offs and will finish with 0-1-9, by far the worst team to have ever appeared in the top 6 play-offs in Greece.

- Panathinaikos gifted the championship to AEK, but AEK returned the gift. The Greens failed to beat PAOK at home, missing several chances, getting equalized near the end and finishing the match with 10 men after CB Schekenveld saw a red card. But the title is still in their hands, since AEK choked at home against Olympiacos' poor team.

Given that in MD 10, AEK plays Volos at home and Panathinaikos plays Aris at home and it's a given they will both win, the title is determined on Sunday, in the derby of the eternal enemies:

If Panathinaikos win, they will win the title.
If Olympiacos win or there is a draw, AEK wins the title by beating Aris away.
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

It will be interesting to see Olympiakos' reaction there.

Will they be motivated against Panathinaikos at home?
I can't see them losing on purpose (probably fearing their fans..)

They will however most likely decide who wins the title.
Black Eagles 1903
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

bjkman1903 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 23:07 It will be interesting to see Olympiakos' reaction there.

There will be no fans, Olympiacos is punished for the fan invasion and attack against the referee after the match against AEK.

Will the players be motivated? Good question, since the result of their match is not important for the standings, they will need an away draw against PAOK no matter what to finish 3rd.
og2002gr

Post by og2002gr »

bjkman1903 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 23:07 It will be interesting to see Olympiakos' reaction there.

Currently, rumors say that AEK club owner is the boss in Greek football, controlling Federation, referees etc.
Rumors say that he is in alliance with PAOK boss, despite recent tough rivalry.
Panathinaikos club owner is an Olympiacos fan and very weak in the backstage.
Olympiacos club owner would prefer to destroy current boss (AEK) and return to the leadership. The shortest way to do this is stopping AEK from winning the championship.

So it is: [Olympiacos + PAO club owner] VS [AEK + PAOK].
Somewhere in the middle there are PAO fans who are against all owners.

It is going to be really interesting
fewer spots :arrow: weaker leagues :arrow: fewer spots :arrow: weaker leagues :arrow: fewer spots :arrow: weaker leagues

http://kassiesa.net/uefa/forum2/viewtop ... 52#p359852
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

og2002gr wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 09:38

Currently, rumors say that AEK club owner is the boss in Greek football, controlling Federation, referees etc.
Olympiacos club owner would prefer to destroy current boss (AEK) and return to the leadership. The shortest way to do this is stopping AEK from winning the championship.

Thanks for the context :)
What I wonder most is if Olympiacos will rest some players. Especially if the objective is to finish 3rd in front of PAOK.
AEK would be furious if they do.
Black Eagles 1903
og2002gr

Post by og2002gr »

bjkman1903 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 13:06 Thanks for the context :)
What I wonder most is if Olympiacos will rest some players. Especially if the objective is to finish 3rd in front of PAOK.
AEK will be furious of course, but the same happened when PAOK played AEK a week ago.
If you watch highlights you may be furious too, even if you don't care about greek football.

https://youtu.be/yRNeLVkX2XY
fewer spots :arrow: weaker leagues :arrow: fewer spots :arrow: weaker leagues :arrow: fewer spots :arrow: weaker leagues

Firnen

Post by Firnen »

bjkman1903 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 13:06
og2002gr wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 09:38

Thanks for the context :)
AEK has no grounds to complain about anyone this season. They enjoy the most favourable refereeing of all the clubs in the league, their owner is publicly supporting the fascist (literally a fascist, he was representing neonazis in court and advising the former PM to cooperate with the neonazi party) lawyer who is President of the Federation and not even hiding that he hired a gangster called Papadopoulos to blackmail and bribe the Federation's electoral body so that they elect the people he wanted in the Board.

I will actually find it hilarious if Olympiacos decides to not care and lose without even trying.
og2002gr

Post by og2002gr »

Firnen wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 13:28 I will actually find it hilarious if Olympiacos decides to not care and lose without even trying.
They can do it the "PAOK way".
A red card for no reason, holding some players as "injured-tired" etc.
But Oly-PAO rivalry is much bigger to just not care.
On the other hand BET companies are going the "green" way (4,20 vs 1,90)

eye

Post by eye »

Olympiakos wants to finish at third place and take part at EL. It is huge difference to start at ECL-Q2 than EL-Q3 or EL-PO. Starting at ECL-Q2 they would need to qualify over 3 opponents to get to GS, starting at EL-Q3 they need to qualify over 1 opponent to be at least at ECL-QS plus 2 extra weeks without matches and starting at EL-PO they are surely at GS of EL or ECL and have even more extra time for their preparation.

In order to get the EL spot they need to finish third and AEK to win the cup. Assuming PAOK will win the match at Volos Olympiakos needs a draw at last matchday at their away match against PAOK no matter their result against Panathinaikos. In my opinion it is normal if they decide to rest-pretect from cards some players against Panathinaikos. I also believe they do prefer AEK not to be the champion so they would be more motivated at cup final
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

og2002gr wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 13:40
Firnen wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 13:28 I will actually find it hilarious if Olympiacos decides to not care and lose without even trying.
They can do it the "PAOK way".
A red card for no reason, holding some players as "injured-tired" etc.
But Oly-PAO rivalry is much bigger to just not care.
On the other hand BET companies are going the "green" way (4,20 vs 1,90)
If you ve watched Olympiacos defenders this year, they have a blooper in their perforamnce every other match, especially Sokratis and Ba, so nobody will be able to guess if it's them not caring or them just being themselves.

Betting companies always go with the team with the motive in Greece, and they have good reasons too, just look at several play-out matches results over the years.
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

Panathinaikos is requesting the postponment of the last 2 MDs because of multiple Covid cases.

I am shocked that they are still testing, and not only that, but they announce the results as well instead of just using the positive players. AEK did just that (without admitting it) for the last 2 matches, and it's a common secret that the clubs don't test and don't quarantine the Covid-positive players anymore.

Very baffling move by Panathinaikos.

Edit: All 3 play-off matches of MD9 are postponed.
seso

Post by seso »

Rumours say that the 5-day quarantine period ends on May 9th; it will be funny to see if the matches will be played then and what referees will be found by then! :grin1:
og2002gr

Post by og2002gr »

Firnen wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 14:13 Panathinaikos is requesting the postponment of the last 2 MDs because of multiple Covid cases.

I am shocked that they are still testing, and not only that, but they announce the results as well instead of just using the positive players. AEK did just that (without admitting it) for the last 2 matches, and it's a common secret that the clubs don't test and don't quarantine the Covid-positive players anymore.

Very baffling move by Panathinaikos.

Edit: All 3 play-off matches of MD9 are postponed.
Since the beginning of COVID pandemic Panathinaikos kept a strict policy of testing, and continued doing so till today.

Rumors say that AEK preferred to hide the COVID situation in their team and put in danger so many people.
It is not about football. It is a criminal act in what is going to be the dirtiest season of recent history.

I expect PAOK and Olympiacos incidents to follow.

Firnen

Post by Firnen »

og2002gr wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 16:20 I expect PAOK and Olympiacos incidents to follow.
This would be hilarious because the Cup Final would need to be postponed again, after months of not finding a stadium accepting to host it :grin1:
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

PLAY OUTS MD 6/7

STANDINGS

Lamia - Levadiakos 1-1
Atromitos - Panaitolikos 2-0
PAS Giannina - Asteras Tripolis 1-0
OFI - Ionikos 2-2

OFI..................9-11-12.....38
Atromitos..........9-10-13.....37
PAS Giannina........7-12-13...33
Asteras Tripolis.....5-15-12...30
Panaitolikos........7-9-16.....30
Lamia...............5-13-14....28
Ionikos..............6-8-18.....26 (relegation)
Levadiakos........4-13-15.....25 (relegation)

Levadiakos is deservedly relegated after showing for a second match in a row how mentally weak a team they are. They got equalized in added time in a crucial time, again. You deserve the harshest fate when you cannot keep a lead in the final minutes repeatedly.

Down they go, immediately after getting promoted.

Ionikos blew a golden chance against 10-men unmotivated OFI, but are still alive - they host Lamia in the last match.

Ionikos vs Lamia it is, a relegation final, with Ionikos needing a win and Lamia being alright with a draw.
Last edited by Firnen on Mon May 08, 2023 21:54, edited 1 time in total.