2022/2023 Conference League final phase

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
matt

2022/2023 Conference League final phase

Post by matt »

Tomorrow the draw of two rounds: quarters and semifinals.
I think it makes sense to have both of them in a single thread (the final too).

• Anderlecht 🇧🇪
• AZ 🇳🇱
• Basel 🇨🇭
• Fiorentina 🇮🇹
• Gent 🇧🇪
• Lech Poznan 🇵🇱
• Nice 🇲🇫
• West Ham 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
International break hater
zender

Post by zender »

The team to avoid here is West Ham :D
All other match ups are going to be pretty balanced.
Greyn

Post by Greyn »

matt wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 00:56 Tomorrow the draw of two rounds: quarters and semifinals.
I think it makes sense to have both of them in a single thread (the final too).

• Anderlecht 🇧🇪
• AZ 🇳🇱
• Basel 🇨🇭
• Fiorentina 🇮🇹
• Gent 🇧🇪
• Lech Poznan 🇵🇱
• Nice 🇲🇫
• West Ham 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Good idea with one single thread for QFs, SFs and the final. :up:

So strange to see Polish flag here, last time Polish club reached a quarter-final was in 1995/96 season when Legia was eliminated by Panathinaikos in the CL.

Looking at the company Lech has before the draw, there is a decent chance for the semi-final. Lech may become the 4th Polish club to reach this stage of the UEFA competition.

So far:

Legia - 2 times - European Cup 1969/70, Cup Winners' Cup 1990/91
Górnik Zabrze - 1 time - Cup Winners' Cup 1969/70
Widzew Łódź - 1 time - European Cup 1982/83
Tricolores

Post by Tricolores »

For Belgium coefficient, Gent and Anderlecht meeting each other might be nice. Guaranteed points and a qualification bonus for the semi-finals.
Favorite local team: KSC Lokeren(-Temse)
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

What I want :

• AZ 🇳🇱 vs Nice 🇲🇫 (Battle for 5th place)
• West Ham 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 vs Basel 🇨🇭 (Mainly because I want Basel out, there is still a chance that Switzerland can pass Turkey in the country ranking)
• Anderlecht 🇧🇪 v Gent 🇧🇪 (100% Belgian clash)
• Fiorentina 🇮🇹 vs Lech Poznan 🇵🇱 (maybe too hard for Lech)
Black Eagles 1903
seso

Post by seso »

Greyn wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 04:37
So strange to see Polish flag here, last time Polish club reached a quarter-final was in 1995/96 season when Legia was eliminated by Panathinaikos in the CL.
:-D And that was in the CL!
Juliusz

Post by Juliusz »

Lech played a total of 6 matches vs Basel and Fiorentina in 2015/16 season. For this reason, I would like to avoid them. I'd prefer to meet someone new again.

Nice and West Ham are tough, but I respect others as well. Anderlecht and AZ would be flashbacks for John van den Brom. Gent might be unpredictable. My pick: Anderlecht.

BTW, if anyone is interested, UEFA did a rare thing and published their city clash principles set by CCC: https://editorial.uefa.com/resources/02 ... 022-23.pdf
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

The draw I would like:

West Ham vs Fiorentina
AZ vs Nice
Gent vs Lech Poznan
Anderlecht vs Basel
naaba

Post by naaba »

Lech Poznan - Gent and Basel - Anderlecht would be great draws for Belgium.

Or Gent - Anderlecht to secure a Belgian club in semi-finals. Last time it happened was 30 years ago (Antwerp in CWC final). Oddly enough, there were already 2 Belgian clashes in the past (Mechelen - Anderlecht and Gent - Genk). And the 2 teams eliminated were... Anderlecht and Gent. They could be playing a losers' final. Bring it on !
Jackson Harrison

Post by Jackson Harrison »

My mock draw
hertolo

Post by hertolo »

I'm happy with whatever for Basel honestly. No "bad" draws left. I'd prefer to have the second game at home (since I couldn't go on the first date), but whatever. I like the Conference League.

@bjkman1903 Don't worry, we won't pass Turkey. I can't see us winning twice. ;)
@Juliusz And yeah, no offence, but since we played Posen a few times recently, I'd like someone else. Nothing personal ;)
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

hertolo wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:01 @bjkman1903 Don't worry, we won't pass Turkey. I can't see us winning twice. ;)
You keep on fighting until the very end. You were so close of getting eliminated since early qualifying rounds and you are still around. Just die already! :)

Joke aside, nothing against Basel at all (on the contrary I like them) but you are still a threat to Turkey's current 12th place.
You never know in football. The latest example is Anderlecht winning at Villarreal.
Black Eagles 1903
Jackson Harrison

Juliusz wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:16 Lech played a total of 6 matches vs Basel and Fiorentina in 2015/16 season. For this reason, I would like to avoid them. I'd prefer to meet someone new again.

Nice and West Ham are tough, but I respect others as well. Anderlecht and AZ would be flashbacks for John van den Brom. Gent might be unpredictable. My pick: Anderlecht.

BTW, if anyone is interested, UEFA did a rare thing and published their city clash principles set by CCC: https://editorial.uefa.com/resources/02 ... 022-23.pdf
They always announce what have to be reversed don't they?
Juliusz

Post by Juliusz »

Jackson Harrison wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 13:35
Juliusz wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:16 Lech played a total of 6 matches vs Basel and Fiorentina in 2015/16 season. For this reason, I would like to avoid them. I'd prefer to meet someone new again.

I have never seen such a PDF before. I also don't recall any explicit text about fixture reversals before the draw. It used to be very general without specific examples and explanations.
Jackson Harrison

Juliusz wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 13:57
Jackson Harrison wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 13:35

I have never seen such a PDF before. I also don't recall any explicit text about fixture reversals before the draw. It used to be very general without specific examples and explanations.
No. Didn't realise it was a PDF when I posted my response
though it was just a link to draw procedure