2024/25 access list

including formats, draws, seedings, etc.
amirbachar

Post by amirbachar »

bert.kassies wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 15:23 And this https://kassiesa.net/uefa/2024-rebalanc ... nking.html
is a first try to list the possible candidate clubs for rebalancing based on club ranking. Your feedback is welcome.
Very informative, thank you, I would make the team that already won bold instead of green, and the team that can no longer win with strike through instead of red.
Then I would use green to indicate the actual rebalancing based on current domestic standings (you can do it manually, it won't change that many times anyway)
dnina10

Post by dnina10 »

bert.kassies wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 15:23 And this https://kassiesa.net/uefa/2024-rebalanc ... nking.html
is a first try to list the possible candidate clubs for rebalancing based on club ranking. Your feedback is welcome.
Just taking a look at the data, Gent should be excluded as they can only qualify for ECL Q2. Moreover, I'd recommend omitting PSG as they're going to qualify for CL LP domestically. Finally, both Galatasaray and Fenerbahçe can only finish top 2 in Turkey, while they're both out of the cup
bert.kassies

Post by bert.kassies »

dnina10 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 14:24
Just taking a look at the data, Gent should be excluded as they can only qualify for ECL Q2. Moreover, I'd recommend omitting PSG as they're going to qualify for CL LP domestically. Finally, both Galatasaray and Fenerbahçe can only finish top 2 in Turkey, while they're both out of the cup
Well, that's all indicated in the sheet. No colors? O wait, the Turkish clubs can use some extra colors ;)
UEFA European Cup Football for all UEFA coefficients and rankings
bert.kassies

Post by bert.kassies »

Thanks for feedback everybody.
bert.kassies

Post by bert.kassies »

amirbachar wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 15:41
Very informative, thank you, I would make the team that already won bold instead of green, and the team that can no longer win with strike through instead of red.
Then I would use green to indicate the actual rebalancing based on current domestic standings (you can do it manually, it won't change that many times anyway)
Thanks for feedback. But I'm hesitating. I'm a fan of colors. :grin1:
amenina

Post by amenina »

@bert.kassies @dnina10 I have a question. If Atletico Madrid win the CL this season and finish 5th in their domestic league and thus qualify for the EL league stage (or alternatively, finish 6th and qualify for ConfL PO), how will the access list be rebalanced?
bert.kassies

Post by bert.kassies »

amenina wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 16:05 @bert.kassies @dnina10 I have a question. If Atletico Madrid win the CL this season and finish 5th in their domestic league and thus qualify for the EL league stage (or alternatively, finish 6th and qualify for ConfL PO), how will the access list be rebalanced?
According to my information this will be indirect rebalancing because the Conference League title holder is not involved in the empty spot in EL-GS. So, the next best association: Bel-CW from EL-PO to EL-GS, Sui-CW to from EL-Q3 to EL-PO, and Den-CW, Cro-CW, Gre-CW, Isr-CW from EL-Q1 to EL-Q2.
amenina

Post by amenina »

bert.kassies wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 16:19
amenina wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 16:05 @bert.kassies @dnina10 I have a question. If Atletico Madrid win the CL this season and finish 5th in their domestic league and thus qualify for the EL league stage (or alternatively, finish 6th and qualify for ConfL PO), how will the access list be rebalanced?
According to my information this will be indirect rebalancing because the Conference League title holder is not involved in the empty spot in EL-GS. So, the next best association: Bel-CW from EL-PO to EL-GS, Sui-CW to from EL-Q3 to EL-PO, and Den-CW, Cro-CW, Gre-CW, Isr-CW from EL-Q1 to EL-Q2.
Thanks!
dnina10

Post by dnina10 »

I see Bert's response, but I haven't received any indication that this would happen. What I do know is that club coefficients is prioritized more in rebalancing, so I'd expect any EL LP vacancy to be rebalanced using club coefficient
amenina

Post by amenina »

dnina10 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 17:55
I see Bert's response, but I haven't received any indication that this would happen. What I do know is that club coefficients is prioritized more in rebalancing, so I'd expect any EL LP vacancy to be rebalanced using club coefficient
Thanks. I guess we will know for sure after the regulations are approved and released. The next ExCo meeting is on 22 May before the EL final in Dublin, so hopefully we will get them by that time.
eye

Post by eye »

I understand that the indirect rebalancing is working like current rebalancing. Based on how current rebalancing is working I think that a missing club in access list at EL-PO will be replaced by the CW from higher ranked association of EL-Q3 and the missing club at EL-Q3 will be filled by the CW of highest association of EL-Q1. Also the spot of RUS-CW at EL-Q1 will be most likely be filled from LIE-CW and will not promote any club at EL-Q2. Most probably in any case they will not promote any club from EL-Q1 to EL-Q2 so if CL-TH and EL-TH are both qualified domestically to EL-Q2 they will create 2 more pairs at EL-Q1 (4 more clubs from ECL) so that's how we have CWs up to #37 at EL
TommyChat

Post by TommyChat »

Currently NA16-CW moves from ECL to EL due to the ban of Russia, and possibly NA17-CW due to rebalancing. What's the indication that it won't happen any more especially since it became public that up to 37 NAs can potentially enter their CW in EL?
TommyChat

Post by TommyChat »

So if I understand correctly the regulations:

CL/EL TH rebalancing in UCL is based on club ranking and considers only clubs in the previous round except for the direct league stage slot which considers all clubs in the relevant path, BUT rebalancing needed in EL/COL due to that is based on association ranking.

For example if there are 2 clubs dropping from CL Q2 league path the vacancy in ELQ3 is filled by cup winner of NA 16 and not the one with the highest club coefficient.

COL TH rebalancing in EL is based on similar principles but clubs starting in Q2 are only considered for the direct league slot and cannot move to Q3, where a club from Q1 moves. BUT again COL rebalancing needed is based on association ranking. CW which enter COL for some reason are only mentioned to move to EL only in the case COL TH qualifies for EL qualifiers, so I can't understand for sure if a vacancy in EL Q1 is filled by COL CWs, or additional EL Q1 clubs are moving forward.

Finally any rebalancing due to bans is based on association ranking, but again I can't understand if NA 34+ CWs are considered for EL Q1
bert.kassies

Post by bert.kassies »

Now that the rules are given into the hands of lawyers they are even more difficult to read :grin1: Too much redundancy.

Personally I doubt that there should be any difference in the EL regulations between the text in paragraph 3.09c and 3.10b. I expect that the text of 3.10b is the correct text, so that CO title holder rebalancing of EL-Q1 involves promoting cup winners from the Conference League to the Europa League. Just as 3.09b and 3.10a seem to say the same things but with slightly different words
Overgame

Post by Overgame »

bert.kassies wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 19:32 Now that the rules are given into the hands of lawyers they are even more difficult to read :grin1: Too much redundancy.

Personally I doubt that there should be any difference in the EL regulations between the text in paragraph 3.09c and 3.10b. I expect that the text of 3.10b is the correct text, so that CO title holder rebalancing of EL-Q1 involves promoting cup winners from the Conference League to the Europa League. Just as 3.09b and 3.10a seem to say the same things but with slightly different words
Yep, I had the same "question" reading the regulations: why would there be a difference if the ECLTH qualifies for the ELGS or EL qualifiers?