2024/25 access list

including formats, draws, seedings, etc.
Fotcalc

Post by Fotcalc »

Forget it. There is nothing new in this. Anyway, well done on structuring this.
cgunduz

Post by cgunduz »

amenina wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 19:27
Deneverember wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 18:47 Can you tell me which season count for the 24/25 season EPS places?
Because the 24/25 access list based on 18/19, 19/20, 20/21, 21/22 and 22/23 seasons.
The last season that includes 22/23, therefore i think the 22/23 season highest 1 year coefficient were England 23.000 and Italy 22.357. So England and Italy get extra places in the CL 24/25 season, right? Or the 23/24 season highest 1 year coefficient count for the 24/25 access list?
And what happening when a small country has the highest 1 year coefficient? This country starting with two teams in the CL? Or they champions starting in the CL group stage without qualifying rounds?
Thank you!
The 23/24 season highest 1 year coefficient count for the 24/25 access list. So the two "special" places will be decided based on this current season.

If a small country, i.e., one that is not guaranteed a spot in the group stage, get one of the two spots, they will have two teams in the CL. Their champions will start from the group stage, and their runners-up will take the Champions Path spot originally reserved for their champions. And every team below them, including those in the Europa League and Conference League, will effectively be "moved up" one spot in the access list.

No matter which association get that special place, they will have one more team in Europe.
Is there a document related to this, or is this just a guess? Nevertheless, this still seems like the most reasonable scenario.
amenina

Post by amenina »

cgunduz wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 02:10
amenina wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 19:27
Deneverember wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 18:47 Can you tell me which season count for the 24/25 season EPS places?
Because the 24/25 access list based on 18/19, 19/20, 20/21, 21/22 and 22/23 seasons.
The last season that includes 22/23, therefore i think the 22/23 season highest 1 year coefficient were England 23.000 and Italy 22.357. So England and Italy get extra places in the CL 24/25 season, right? Or the 23/24 season highest 1 year coefficient count for the 24/25 access list?
And what happening when a small country has the highest 1 year coefficient? This country starting with two teams in the CL? Or they champions starting in the CL group stage without qualifying rounds?
Thank you!
The 23/24 season highest 1 year coefficient count for the 24/25 access list. So the two "special" places will be decided based on this current season.

If a small country, i.e., one that is not guaranteed a spot in the group stage, get one of the two spots, they will have two teams in the CL. Their champions will start from the group stage, and their runners-up will take the Champions Path spot originally reserved for their champions. And every team below them, including those in the Europa League and Conference League, will effectively be "moved up" one spot in the access list.

No matter which association get that special place, they will have one more team in Europe.
Is there a document related to this, or is this just a guess? Nevertheless, this still seems like the most reasonable scenario.
This is the presentation by the European Clubs Association from last year, which covers the details of the new access list: https://kassiesa.net/uefa/files/2024-27 ... e-2022.pdf

Note 1: reading the document again, it does not really says that “No matter which association get that special place, they will have one more team in Europe.” So it may be in some other document or news report, or just implied.

Note 2: it is contained in the UEFA circular no 36, sent to each FA on 10th July: “One additional league phase spot each will be reserved for the two associations whose affiliated clubs have the best collective performance in the previous season in the UEFA club competitions (in accordance with the associations’ club coefficient for the season). This spot (“European Performance Spot”) will be allocated to the club best ranked in their domestic league behind the clubs that have qualified directly for the UCL league phase positions. The additional spot will not reduce the number of clubs in UEL and UECL, so these two associations will be entitled to one team more each in their overall UEFA club competitions quota.”

You can download the zip file at https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/documen ... r-letters/
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

With so many EL dropouts in CO qualifying rounds, the seeding situation in those rounds will be even messier than before. 7-9 teams in Q2, Q3, PO who may be seeded in CO based on their EL opponent ranking, but don't belong among the seeded based on their own coefficient. This will push even more teams who were supposed to be seeded in CO qualifiers based on their own coefficient down among the unseeded. Draw luck becomes even more important than before.
Stadion

Post by Stadion »

As_Contas_do_Título

Post by As_Contas_do_Título »

nogomet wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:59 With so many EL dropouts in CO qualifying rounds, the seeding situation in those rounds will be even messier than before. 7-9 teams in Q2, Q3, PO who may be seeded in CO based on their EL opponent ranking, but don't belong among the seeded based on their own coefficient. This will push even more teams who were supposed to be seeded in CO qualifiers based on their own coefficient down among the unseeded. Draw luck becomes even more important than before.
I've already mentioned that in another topic: viewtopic.php?p=554528#p554528
In my opinion, the CoL qualifying draws (except Q1) will not involve rankings but priorities, something midway between today's draws for EL and ECL Champions path and the EL PO draw, with teams that come from the higher competition (EL) seeded above the other, and probably teams teams that begin in a given round of CoL seeded above those that qualified from the previous round (with the last teams left in the draw having a pure draw between them).

EDIT: Or the teams begining in that round of CoL even seeded over those that have fallen from EL, since today's priority in EL draws it is that one (either way, the only difference produced would be in Q2 draw, as the result would be the same for Q3 and PO draws, due to the number of teams involved in each).
Fotcalc

Post by Fotcalc »

There will only be one normal cup in Norway next season. No more cups. That was decided yesterday.
Jackson Harrison

Post by Jackson Harrison »

Fotcalc wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 16:42 There will only be one normal cup in Norway next season. No more cups. That was decided yesterday.
? What do you mean?
Fotcalc

Post by Fotcalc »

Sorry, I thought «2024/25 access list» hadn’t changed topic since this post was discussed:
Fotcalc wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 13:09 Norway are considering to make their cup an autumn/spring cup. If it happens, the transition likely involves a cup final in May 2024 in addition to the cup final that is confirmed to take place in Oslo in December 2023. That will give us two cup winners ahead of the 24/25 season. The plan is to have an European-playoff between the two cup winners to determine who gets the European spot. Do you think UEFA will be okay with that? I have already asked the question to someone before, but I want more input.
Basically, it is now decided that there won’t be a second Norwegian cup next season.
Fotcalc

Post by Fotcalc »

Do you agree that if all of these scenarios occur, Bodø/Glimt will start in the UCL playoff next season?

- The UCL winner qualify for minimum UCL PO (Champions Path) domestically.

- The highest ranked club from UCL Champions Path is from SRB, TUR, SUI, UKR or CZE.

- The domestic champion from SRB, TUR, SUI, UKR or CZE win the UEL.

ℹ️ In the last two mentioned scenarios I assume that we are not talking about the same club. However, I especially also wonder if Bodø/Glimt would start in the playoff if we were talking about the same club in the last two scenarios.

I assume that this is the only change to the access list rebalancing for the 2024/25 season:
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

Fotcalc wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:21 - The domestic champion from SRB, TUR, SUI, UKR or CZE win the UEL.
This will not happen though thus the scenario is purely theoretical and not realistic.
Fotcalc

Post by Fotcalc »

As long as there's a chance, that's good enough for me. Feeding from UCL increase the chance.
eye

Post by eye »

Fotcalc wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:21 Do you agree that if all of these scenarios occur, Bodø/Glimt will start in the UCL playoff next season?

- The UCL winner qualify for minimum UCL PO (Champions Path) domestically.

- The highest ranked club from UCL Champions Path is from SRB, TUR, SUI, UKR or CZE.

- The domestic champion from SRB, TUR, SUI, UKR or CZE win the UEL.

ℹ️ In the last two mentioned scenarios I assume that we are not talking about the same club. However, I especially also wonder if Bodø/Glimt would start in the playoff if we were talking about the same club in the last two scenarios.

I assume that this is the only change to the access list rebalancing for the 2024/25 season:
First it requires the rebalancing to remain same (except CL-TH and EL-TH) which is the most likely to happen but is not comfirmed yet. If it remains same then it requires 2 of the champions of SRB, TUR, SUI, UKR, and CZE to be missing from the access list. This happens in 4 different ways:

1) One of these clubs is CL-TH. Currently only Galatasaray may be.
2) One of these clubs is EL-TH. Currently Galatasaray, Shakhtar and one of Red Star-Young Boys may drop to EL and Slavia Praha (almost qualified from EL-GS) or Sparta Praha (still have chances but most likely will not continue to EL after GS) which are currently at EL-GS can do it.
3) One of these clubs moves to CL-LS due to CL-TH rebalancing. Shakhtar is almost locked to get the spot so it requires to be the UKR-CH, the rest clubs still have chances but not realistic.
4) One of these clubs moves to CL-LS due to EL-TH rebalancing. Again only Shakhtar has realistic chances for this and it requires none of Benfica or Porto to finish second in their league and Rangers to have lower coefficient than Shakhtar at the end of competitions or to win the league.

1 and 4 seem to be unlikely (something like 1%), 3 has very good chances to happen (over 50%), 2 might happen but again chances are not much (not more than 10% in my opinion).
Fotcalc

Post by Fotcalc »

Thank you. That is a very good answer. I didn't mention your first and fourth scenario, but I see that those also apply.

If e.g. Shakhtar both win the UEL and is the highest ranked club in UCL CP (assume UCL TH rebalancing will happen), will they qualify for UCL because they are UEL champions or because of UCL TH rebalancing? This question matter if your scenario number 2 and 3 happen, but it's same same club (Shakhtar in this example). I am basically asking for the rebalancing order.
eye

Post by eye »

If Shakhtar wins EL they will be already in LS as EL-TH and the UKR-CH is spot is missing and they won't be candicate for the CL-TH rebalancing if it is needed. If this happens Bodo will have less chances to start at playoff. The most realistic scenario for Bodo for promotion to PO is Shakhtar to be promoted to LS due to CL-TH rebalancing hoping Red Star, Young Boys, Slavia Praha or Galatasaray will win EL.

Note also that case have only one of cases 1,3 and only one of cases 2,4