2023-2024 UEFA Champions League Preliminary Round

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
OlliWender

Post by OlliWender »

Greyn wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:09 I found a good quality stream for Atletic Escaldes - Buducnost with Montenegrin commentary. Strims.top has this match in the schedule. Game will kick off at 15.00 CET.
Great quality stream. Thanks!

First "parade", or more like contact, and you can already tell the Montenegrian keeper is a liability.
dyermcryan

Post by dyermcryan »

twitch.tv / futbolconkarma has the match with Spanish/Catalan commentary (I'm not sure which, apologies!)

Mods please delete if not allowed
NederPAOKtzis

Post by NederPAOKtzis »

And Sekulic (Buducnost) with the first goal (a penalty) of this season.
PAOK is not a club. PAOK is a cultural phenomenon.
OlliWender

Post by OlliWender »

Incredible efficiency. 0-2 with a header after freekick cross. And it was Atletic who seemed to dominate possession in the first 10 min.
mspm89

Post by mspm89 »

Do you think the Andorran team will make it interesting at least for a while?
Juliusz

Post by Juliusz »

Atlètic had a fantastic chance to come back to this game, but their striker didn't even touch the ball properly just in front of goal.

They were also unlucky with a deflection that led to the second goal for Budućnost.
krdel

Post by krdel »

Without Simić, Terzić, Petrović, Lucero, Knežević etc. and with no proper preparation this is much weaker team than usually, but it is still enough for 2:0 so far...
UEFA - We care about money. Pravda za Kolubaru!
Juliusz

Post by Juliusz »

No third goal for Budućnost after a VAR review - slightly offside.
krdel

Post by krdel »

There is VAR here? Blah...
UEFA - We care about money. Pravda za Kolubaru!
Juliusz

Post by Juliusz »

Next goal wasn't cancelled though and Budućnost have a convincing 3-0 lead.
matt

Post by matt »

The final time of this CLPR. This round will be remembered as one of the most pointless things ever invented :)

It was good just for the country ranking of some countries in trouble over the years.
International break hater
OlliWender

Post by OlliWender »

matt wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 16:29 The final time of this CLPR. This round will be remembered as one of the most pointless things ever invented :)

It was good just for the country ranking of some countries in trouble over the years.
Agree. The main incentive must've been to gift these associations an extra 0.333 and 0.666 to guarantee a bit of fluctuation at the bottom of the rankings.
mspm89

Post by mspm89 »

matt wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 16:29 The final time of this CLPR. This round will be remembered as one of the most pointless things ever invented :)

Yep. I don't know why some folks here liked it. Just a byproduct of UEFA's inability to come up with a better redistribution for their endless gifting of direct places to top leagues and extension of preliminary rounds. Making some lower-ranked champions play twice in June before everyone else starts even the EL or ECL Q1. Theoretically making them actually play 6 preliminary rounds for a CL GS spot. Not even the FA Cup has that much.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

mspm89 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 16:45

Yep. I don't know why some folks here liked it. Just a byproduct of UEFA's inability to come up with a better redistribution for their endless gifting of direct places to top leagues and extension of preliminary rounds. Making some lower-ranked champions play twice in June before everyone else starts even the EL or ECL Q1. Theoretically making them actually play 6 preliminary rounds for a CL GS spot. Not even the FA Cup has that much.
People like to see the lowest teams playing each other, but I never liked it. Oh I have watched some of the matches before, but I think they should have all been in at Q1.

Actually, it does at the extreme end of the scale! Extra Preliminary, Preliminary, Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4 before Round 1 of the FA Cup. :D
mspm89

Post by mspm89 »

Lorric wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 16:56
People like to see the lowest teams playing each other, but I never liked it. Oh I have watched some of the matches before, but I think they should have all been in at Q1.

Actually, it does at the extreme end of the scale! Extra Preliminary, Preliminary, Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4 before Round 1 of the FA Cup. :D
Hey, you're right. I just didn't remember how many they totaled before Round 1 Proper. At least in the FA Cup they actually have to accomodate hundreds of teams, not 4.