Bulgarian Football Season 2023-2024

Domestic league and cup football
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Levski Sofia won with 1-0 (3-0 agg) againts Shkupi UEFA Europa Conference League / Qualification Round 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYEKRlAn8fw
I have a blue house with a blue window.
Blue is the colour of all that I wear.
Blue are the streets and all the trees are too.
I have a girlfriend and she is so blue.
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Levski Sofia will face Hapoel Beer Sheva (ISR) in UEFA Europa Conference League / Qualification Round 3

levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Ludogorets lost 1:2 in Astana

Ludogorets lost 1:2 away to Astana in a match of the third qualifying round of the Europa League. The meeting was extremely interesting, as the situations did not stop. Ivaylo Petev resorted to a scheme with three in defense - the new addition Sonko Sundberg, Franco Russo and Olivier Verdon. Aslak von Witry and Marcel Heister started in the backs. Claude Gonsalves and Jakub Piotrowski operated in the midfield, and Ruan Cruz led the attack, supported by Kirill Despodov and Bernard Tekpetey.

The match started very strongly for the hosts, with Vorogovski hitting the crossbar after just 2 minutes, taking advantage of Aimbetov's cross and a weak reaction from Franco Russo. After ten minutes, the Astana players made another good attack, but Aimbetov, who escaped from the defense, was unable to pass to the uncovered Darbo. In the 16th minute, Sergio Padt saved with his foot after another good action by Aimbetov.

The Eagles responded quickly, with Despodov crossing, the Astana keeper didn't make a good save, and so did a defender. The ball eventually found its way to Aslak von Witry, who was in a very clear position, but his shot was blocked. A good attack by the Razgrad people followed, ending with Tekpetey's shot, but in the out. In the 25th minute, Urega shot powerfully, but after a ricochet, the ball went over the goal.

Ludogorets took the lead in the 34th minute. Kiril Despodov crossed beautifully from a free kick and Sonko Sundberg headed in his first goal for the Eagles. Then came two controversial situations, both of which Ivaylo Petev's players wanted a penalty - first for a handball, and then for a foul against Tekpetey. However, the referee, Horaciu Fesnik from Romania, remained silent.

Astana equalized in the 41st minute. Then Ludogorets broke through again after a static situation, and after a direct free kick, Zharko Tomasevich scored with a header.

The second part started horribly for the Bulgarians. In the 53rd minute, after a cross from a corner, there was a long play. In the end, the ball was centered to Marochkin, who left absolutely no chance for Sergio Padt with his header. Immediately after that, Kiril Despodov could have scored, but his shot went over the goal.

Astana could have put an end to the dispute after an hour of play. Urega then taunted Von Witry and passed to the completely uncovered Darbo, who made a pass, beating it over the bar.
In the 71st minute, Ludogorets almost equalized. Almost, though, as Ruan Kroos' header was cleared with one hand by home keeper Chondrić.

Ten minutes before the end, the experienced Tomasov tried the reflex of Sergio Padt, who saved this time. In the 82nd minute, Sergio Padt saved Dosmagambetov's shot.
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Hapoel Beer Sheva - Levski Sofia 0-0

Israeli side Hapoel Beer Sheva drew 0-0 at home against Bulgaria's Levski Sofia in the third qualifying round of the UEFA Conference League on Thursday evening.

In the presence of 9,000 spectators at the Toto Turner Stadium in Beer Sheva, Levski narrowly missed taking the lead twice in the first half. Brazilian Ricardinho's shot in the 30th minute was thwarted by goalkeeper Ofir Marciano, and ten minutes later, another Brazilian, Welton, missed a seemingly certain goal.

Marciano showcased his goalkeeping prowess again in the 54th minute, denying a header by Brazilian Ronaldo.

Late efforts from Beer Sheva's Bulgarian international Yoan Stoyanov and Amir Ganah were capably handled by Levski's goalkeeper Plamen Andreev.

The return leg is set for August 17 in Sofia. The team with the superior aggregate score will square off against Eintracht Frankfurt in the playoffs, contested over two legs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTkxFegJ4X8
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Manuel Show from Ludogorets Razgrad to Maccabi Haifa

bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

levski.bg wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 20:37 Manuel Show from Ludogorets Razgrad to Maccabi Haifa

Not sure, but I remember a guy named Sow. Maybe a typo?
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

bugylibicska wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 21:34 Not sure, but I remember a guy named Sow. Maybe a typo?
Could be, in some sources.

My check was TransferMarkt data base, where the guy is named "only" Show.

According to Wikipedia the guy is Show or Chow, but more correctly Manuel Cafumana or Manuel Luís da Silva Cafumana.

His personal Facebook is: Shoe Manuel Cafumana.
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Strong Ludogorets won against Astana

Strong Ludogorets won against Astana 5:1 and qualified for the playoffs of the Europa League. The team will face the Dutch giant Ajax. Even if the Eagles are eliminated, they are already guaranteed participation in the groups of the Conference League.

In the 6th minute, after a mix-up in the penalty area, Tekpetey shot but it went off. Shortly after, Kiril Despodov broke free from the defense and shot, but Chondrich saved. Then the goalkeeper cut and shot Verdon.

The logical thing happened in the 25th minute when Tekpetey received a pass from Von Witry and with a nice shot left no chance to the goalkeeper of Kazakhstan.

As in the first match, Astana equalized quickly. Demba Darbo scored a headed goal.

In the 37th minute, Rwan took the ball away from Astana's goalkeeper, it reached Kiril Despodov, who failed to score.

Ludogorets struck hard just a few seconds after the start of the second half. A great goal was scored by Jakub Piotrowski with a shot from about 25 meters.

In the 50th minute, Tekpetey scored a great goal after handling the half defense of Astana with ease - 3:1.

Von Witry's miss followed after a pass by Despodov.

In the 59th minute, Piotrowski scored for 4:1. After a cross from a corner, Sundberg hit the post, the ball reached the Polish, who made no mistake. Seconds later, Rwan missed a fifth goal. In the 69th minute, it was time for Kiril Despodov to score. He received a pass behind the defenders, raced past them, and scored with his left foot.

In the 76th minute, Astana was one man short. Jovancic received a second yellow card. However, Ludogorets took pity on the opponent and did not score any more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXllGy2HWZo
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Levski Sofia won with 2-1 (2-1 agg) againts Hapoel Beer Sheva in UEFA Europa Conference League / Qualification Round 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KbaNHmTu44
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Ludogorets will face the Dutch giant Ajax in UEFA Europa League / Play-offs

levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Levski Sofia will face Eintracht Frankfurt (GER) in UEFA Europa Conference League / Play-offs

levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Ludogorets lost 1:4 from Ajax

Ludogorets lost 1:4 against Ajax. Mohamed Kudus scored a hat trick and Brian Broby added a goal. The honorable goal for the Eagles was scored by Olivier Verdon from the penalty spot. Thus, unless there is a miracle in the second leg in Amsterdam, Ajax will play in the Europa League groups and Ludogorets - in those of the Conference League.

Ludogorets coach Ivaylo Petev opted for a 4-3-3 formation. The teenager of Amsterdam Sergio Padt started in the goal. Aslak von Witry, Noah Sonko Sundberg, Olivier Verdon and Marcel Heister started ahead of him. The three in the middle of the field were Claude Gonsalves, Jakub Piotrowski and the young Ivan Yordanov. Rwan Cruz led the attack, supported on the wings by captain Kiril Despodov and Bernard Tekpetey.

In the composition of Ajax, the star Mohamed Kudus caught the attention. Kudus started as a starter alongside other big names such as Steven Bergwijn, Steven Berghaus and centre-forward Brian Broby.

It was Kudus who opened the scoring in Razgrad. In the 16th minute, Bernard Tekptey lost to Rensch on the edge of the penalty area. The ball was passed immediately by Kudus, who left no chance for Sergio Padt with his left foot. Just a few seconds later, Ajax took a 2-0 lead. Kudus was right again. Bergwine received in the box, cut back for Taylor, who elegantly led Kudus and the Ghanaian had no problem scoring.

After the double blow in just 2 minutes, Kiril Despodov tried to return a goal by making a good break, but at the cost of injury, a great split was made by Rensh. In the 26th minute Ludogorets was very close to scoring. After a corner kick Ivan Yordanov found the completely uncovered Aslak von Witry, who shot from the air, but the ball went inches wide of the goal.

In the 40th minute Brian Brobie made it 3:0. He received a cross from the left from Owen Weindal, Sonko Sundberg failed to clear and Broby headed the ball between the legs of Sergio Padt.

Ludogorets could have reduced the deficit at the start of the second half when new substitute Dominik Yankov brought Rwan alone against the Ajax keeper, but the shot was saved.

In the counterattack, Mohamed Kudus completed his hat-trick. This became after a break through the reserve Borges and a pass to his Ghanaian teammate.

Despite the huge deficit, the hosts again looked at Gorter's goal, but the keeper saved Bernard Tekpetey's shot. There were more chances for Ludogorets, but they were not realized by Ciao Vidal and Jakub Piotrowski.

That's how it got to the 67th minute. Then Spas Delev shot at the goal and Hato played with his hand. Behind the ball in the absence of Kiril Despodov stood Olivier Verdon, who did not leave any chances to Gorter - 1:4.

Shortly before the end, substitute Rick Jhonathan had a chance to threaten Ajax's goal, but missed the target.

In the continuation of the match Delev crossed well from a direct free kick but Piotrowski and Naressi missed.
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Match between Levski and Eintracht ends in draw

The first playoff match for entering the group stage of the Conference League between Levski and Eintracht Frankfurt ended 1:1. In the 6th minute, the guests took the lead after a shot by Randal Kolo Muani. The hosts had an excellent opportunity to equalize before the break, but Ronaldo missed. Minutes before the end of the game, Hassimi Fadiga unleashed a powerful strike from over 30 meters and the ball went right into the net. It was also the only accurate shot in the second half.

The second match between the teams is in Frankfurt, on August 31.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_LWC1cpago