LaLiga 2023-2024 (First Division)

Domestic league and cup football
Bulgarian

Post by Bulgarian »

rrey1 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 22:37 What were Real players protesting ?
Once the whistle was blown, there was no way they would have gotten this goal back. Were they unaware of the rules ? Or was the whole spectacle the way to intimidate the referee ?

Unfavorable call can happen to any team. "Normal" team would just suck it up and move on. But Real is anything but a "normal" team (at least by their own entitled thinking).
Oh please give me a break. Theres not a single football player professional or not who wouldnt protest this bullshit. Its called being in the heat of the moment. I am sure every football player is well aware that protesting to the ref wont do anything yet you see thousands of them do it every weekend. By your standards theres no normal team but judging by your second paragraph of the post you just dont like Real so your opinion doesnt hold much weight. I would pay good money to see your fucking “normal” reaction if you were a part of a team that gets denied like that lol

The problem as mentioned above indeed is not about not counting the goal. Theres no way the goal couldve counted. The problem is that he blows the whistle at a horrible time and ON TOP of that comes a goal of the cross.
rrey1

Post by rrey1 »

I've been watching football for over 42 years and saw "my" teams screwed over a gazillion times. What happened to Real last weekend won't even register (it would actually be much worse if, say, the ref did not blow the whistle but disallowed Bellingham's goal by inventing some phantom push foul). Pre-VAR there were much worse cases of non-existing penalties and allowed goals in clear offside position.
Bulgarian

Post by Bulgarian »

42 or 420 years the fact that you blame players for protesting after getting screwed is ridiculous. Only a robot or a human with zero emotions passion and love for the game would sit still and his initial reaction would be “ah fuck it shit happens”. When everything is cooled down players or even fans suck it up and move on but no way at the heat of the moment. I will never understand such logic.
mspm89

Post by mspm89 »

Sagy wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 19:19
1) The 4th official never “officializes the extension of stoppage time”. It is the responsibility of the CR to extend stoppage time as needed based on “wasted time” that occurred during the “stoppage time”. That is the reason you hear “the 4th official indicated a minimum of x minutes”. Side note, the 4th official only shows the added time, the amount of time is decided by the CR.
When I mentioned the 4th official, I meant that the added time on top of the initial minimum stoppage time nust be made official by him. I'm claiming this by my TV viewer experience, mind you, where this added time usually appears on the broadcast's scoreboard. Maybe I'm mistaken and the 4th official isn't duty-bound to raise his board again with the new stoppage time decided by the referee, but it'd be weird.
Sagy

Post by Sagy »

mspm89 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 01:44
Sagy wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 19:19
1) The 4th official never “officializes the extension of stoppage time”. It is the responsibility of the CR to extend stoppage time as needed based on “wasted time” that occurred during the “stoppage time”. That is the reason you hear “the 4th official indicated a minimum of x minutes”. Side note, the 4th official only shows the added time, the amount of time is decided by the CR.
When I mentioned the 4th official, I meant that the added time on top of the initial minimum stoppage time nust be made official by him. I'm claiming this by my TV viewer experience, mind you, where this added time usually appears on the broadcast's scoreboard. Maybe I'm mistaken and the 4th official isn't duty-bound to raise his board again with the new stoppage time decided by the referee, but it'd be weird.
From IFAB (emphasis added)
Laws of the Game 2023/24 | Law 7 | Page 77 wrote:
Allowance is made by the referee in each half for all playing time lost in that half through:
• substitutions
• assessment and/or removal of injured players
• wasting time
• disciplinary sanctions
• medical stoppages permitted by competition rules, e.g. ‘drinks’ breaks
(which should not exceed one minute) and ‘cooling’ breaks (ninety seconds
to three minutes)
• delays relating to VAR ‘checks’ and ‘reviews’
• goal celebrations
• any other cause, including any significant delay to a restart
(e.g. due to interference by an outside agent)

The fourth official indicates the minimum additional time decided by the referee at the end of the final minute of each half. The additional time may be increased by the referee but not reduced.

The referee must not compensate for a timekeeping error during the first half by changing the length of the second half.
As you can see, the 4th official, or anyone else, has no duty to raise the board again.

There might be a league in which that is customary, but I’m not aware of one, nor do I find this proposal practical. If you know of such league, please let me know.
mspm89

Post by mspm89 »

Sagy wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 02:25
As you can see, the 4th official, or anyone else, has no duty to raise the board again.

There might be a league in which that is customary, but I’m not aware of one, nor do I find this proposal practical. If you know of such league, please let me know.
How come the broadcasters get wind of the increase though? I guess they use their on-field reporters, but I still think it's weird the 4th official doesn't make it known to the people in the stands.
Sagy

Post by Sagy »

mspm89 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 02:48
Sagy wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 02:25

How come the broadcasters get wind of the increase though? I guess they use their on-field reporters, but I still think it's weird the 4th official doesn't make it known to the people in the stands.
Probably, they have someone that knows how to keep time and pays attention to the CR. Sometimes the CR might indicate to the other officials that they are paying attention to wasted time or if they increasing the added time, but that is not mandatory.

I have been watching the game for many years and in many countries (both on TV and in person), I have never seen or heard of the 4th official indicate an increase to the added time in any form.

Again, if anyone has an example of such custom, I would like to hear about it.
AlanK
Location: Salem, Oregon and Barcelona, Spain; occasionally Lisboa

Post by AlanK »

After Jornada 27, The Top and The Drop are :arrow:

1. Real Madrid--------------66 points
2. Girona-------------------59
3. Barça--------------------58
4. Atlético------------------55
---------------------------------
5. Athletic------------------50
6. Betis--------------------42
7. Real Sociedad-------------40
17. Celta-------------------24
18. Cádiz------------------19
19. Granada----------------14 Has a game in hand.
20. Almería-----------------9 Has yet to win. :shock:
"Past performance is no guarantee of future results."
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

Jornada 28 begins tomorrow :arrow:

Fri. 8 March 2100 Barcelona 1, Mallorca 0 Scoreless first half. At 23', penalty kick awarded to Barça. Gundogan's shot is saved by Rajkovic. Barça looked v'ery poor during long periods of the game, but at 73', Lamine Yamal breaks the ice--1-0. 38,225 reported on hand. And the goal by Lamine Yamal holds up and Barça wins with a lackluster performance.

Sat. 9 March :arrow:

1400 Valencia 1, Getafe 0 At 40', Hugo Duro scores with a vaselina--1-0 in favor of the home team. Still 1-0 at the half. 37,000 plus in Mestalla. Valencia wins by the minimum.

1615 Cádiz 2, Atlético 0 At 24', Juanmi heads in to give Cádiz the lead--1-0. Halftime. Atleti has, once again, troubles away from home. And so far this jornada, so do all the teams that have played on the road. 15,917 reported on hand. At 64', Juanmi scores another after Atleti fails to clear--2-0. and the one-goal mode is broken . . . Huge win for Cádiz, although they're still in the drop.

1830 Granada 2, Real Sociedad 3 At 20', VAR penalty awarded to Granada; Uzuni converts at 21'--1-0, and the home team is, once again, on the board. But the lead is short-lived, as Sadiq heads in at 33' to tie it--1-1. At 45'+3, Uzuni scores his second of the game--2-1. At 80, Le Normand scores for la Real to tie it 2-2. And André Silva puts in a rebound at 87' to make it 2-3 in favor of the visitors. And la Real wins it :!:

2100 Girona 2, Osasuna 0 At 13', Portu gives Girona the lead--1-0. And still 1-0 at the half. At 86', Savinho makes it 2-0 for Girona. That's the final, as Girona climbs back into second place.

Sun. 10 March :arrow:

1400 Alavés 1, Rayo 0 At 44', Gorosabel gives Alavés the lead with a vaselina done to perfection--1-0. Halftime. 16,519 on hand. Alavés holds on to win, Rayo misses two great chances at 96'.

1615 Las Palmas 0, Athletic 2 At 31', Guruzeta heads in Nico Williams's cross--0-1. And that's the score at the half. 27,316 on hand. At 65', Coco of Las Palmas heads . . . into his own net--0-2 for Athletic. And 0-2 is the final.

1830 Real Madrid 4, Celta 0 At 21', Vini Jr. puts in rebound #2 after rebound #1 is blocked--1-0. And it's still 1-0 at the half. 73,644 on hand. Celta scores own goals at 79' and 88', and Guler adds another at 94'--4-0 the final.

2100 Betis 2, Villarreal 3 At 30', Guido Rodríguez gives Betis the lead--1-0. At 40', Sorloth assists Baena, who has a tap-in--1-1. At 45'+2', Carrvalho assists Willian José--2-1 Betis at the half. At 48, an own goal by Sokratis of Betis makes it 2-2. At 67', Sorloth puts in a rebound to give Villarreal the lead--2-3. And that's the final score :!:

Mon. 11 March 2100 Almería 2, Sevilla 2 At 38', Embarba, on the break, gives Almería the lead--1-0. Well, will this be the day when Almería finally wins a game :question: Long way to go yet . . . halftime has arrived . . . 13,095 reported on hand. At 81', Lukébakio ties it for Sevilla. So Almería must score to win . . . and now Sevilla takes the lead--1-2; goal by Ocampos at 86'. At 95', Almería ties it--goal by Marezi--2-2 th final; no win tonight for Almería.
Last edited by AlanK on Mon Mar 11, 2024 23:01, edited 30 times in total.
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Bravo Girona! 2:0 against Osasuna. :up:
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

The Top and The Drop after Jornada 28 :arrow:

1. Real Madrid-------------69 points
2. Girona-----------------62
3. Barça------------------61
4. Atlético----------------55
5. Athletic----------------53
6. Real Sociedad-----------43
7.Betis-------------------42
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
18. Cádiz----------------22
19. Granada--------------14
20. Almería--------------10 Almost won one :!:
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

. . . 10 games to go in the 2023-2024 season. Jornada 29 is as follows :arrow:

Fri. 15 March 2100 Real Sociedad 2, Cádiz 0 At 28', Merino scores to give la Real the lead--1-0. And 1-0 at the half. A win here would guarantee la Real sixth place at the jornada's end. At 68', Zakharyan makes it 2-0. And that's the final.

Sat. 16 Mar. :arrow:

1400 Mallorca 1, Granada 0 Scoreless in Son Moix at halftime. 16,477 on hand. At 85', Raíllo heads in a corner--1-0. And the lone goal holds up to be a winner for Mallorca.

1615 Osasuna 2, Real Madrid 4 At 4', Vini JR. gives Real the lead--0-1. At 7', Budimir ties for Osasuna--1-1. At 18', Carvajal gives the lead back to el Real--1-2. Now at 57'. At 61', Brahim makes it 1-3 as he gets beyond the defensive line and makes no mistake. At 64', Vini JR. make it 1-4. At 91', Muñoz pulls one back for Osasuna, but 2-4 is the final.

1830 Getafe 1, Girona 0 At 34', Yellu gives Getafe the lead--1-0. Can Girona come from behind :?: Halftime. 12,912 in the Alfonso Pérez. Getafe holds on for a big win.

2100 Athletic 2 Alavés 0 A "lesser" derby . . . But looking at the action on the field, it doesn't look "lesser" than anything. First, Unai Simón saves the pk taken by Rioja at 31'; then Gurezeta scores for Athletic with a wonderful goal--1-0 at 32'. And at 37', Guruzeta scores another--2-0. And it's 2-0 at the half. And at the final whistle.

Sun. 17 March :arrow:

1400 Sevilla 1, Celta 2 At 18', En-Nesyri steals, dribbles, shoots and it's 1-0. Halftime. 36,544 on hand. At 72', Carles Pérez ties it for Celta with a wonderful shot--1-1. At 78', Strand Larsen scores from a tough angle to give Celta the lead--1-2. That turns out to be the final--huge win for Celta.

1615 Las Palmas 0, Almería 1 Baptistao scores for Almería at 14'--will this be the day Almería finally wins one :?: Halftime. And . . . CONGRATS TO ALMERIA :!: It took 29 tries, but they finally won a first división game :!:

1615 Villarreal 1, Valencia 0 About 36', pk in favor of Villarreal; the goalie saves Alex Baena's shot--still 0-0. 20,647 on hand. Halftime. At 54', Cuenca scores to give Villarreal the lead--1-0. And that one goal proves to be a winner :!:

1830 Rayo 2, Betis 0 At 40', Lejeune scores with a free kick to give Rayo the lead--1-0. At 78', Camello makes it 2-0. HUGE win for Rayo--their first since September :!:

2100 Atlético 0, Barça 3 :shock: Surly did hate to have to miss this game :!: Scorers: Joao Félix at 38', Lewandowski at 47', and Fermín at 65'. Xavi looking better as Barça's coach :!:
Last edited by AlanK on Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:05, edited 39 times in total.
Michael S Collins

Post by Michael S Collins »

Good luck Rayo! Hadn't realised your lads weren't in a comfortable spot yet.

(I do still pop in now and then though I'm a bit burned out by football after Thistle's 3-0 up capitulation in the playoff final last summer. Hopefully Euro 2024 will bring it back, though I have been watching the CL/EL stuff on BT. Atletico/Inter was a long way to go for penalties!)
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

Michael S Collins wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 16:23 Good luck Rayo! Hadn't realised your lads weren't in a comfortable spot yet.

(I do still pop in now and then though I'm a bit burned out by football after Thistle's 3-0 up capitulation in the playoff final last summer. Hopefully Euro 2024 will bring it back, though I have been watching the CL/EL stuff on BT. Atletico/Inter was a long way to go for penalties!)
Hombre, tanto gusto oír de ti. Rayo has not looked good of late--kinda like last season at this time.
offside

Post by offside »

AlanK wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:451615 Osasuna 2, Real Madrid 4 At 4', Vini JR. gives Real the lead--0-1. At 7', Budimir ties for Osasuna--1-1. At 18', Carvajal gives the lead back to el Real--1-2. Now at 57'. At 61', Brahim makes it 1-3 as he gets beyond the defensive line and makes no mistake. At 64', Vini JR. make it 1-4. At 91', Muñoz pulls one back for Osasuna, but 2-4 is the final.

1830 Getafe 1, Girona 0 At 34', Yellu gives Getafe the lead--1-0. Can Girona come from behind :?: Halftime. 12,912 in the Alfonso Pérez. Getafe holds on for a big win.

2100 Athletic 2 Alavés 0 A "lesser" derby . . . But looking at the action on the field, it doesn't look "lesser" than anything. First, Unai Simón saves the pk taken by Rioja at 31'; then Gurezeta scores for Athletic with a wonderful goal--1-0 at 32'. And at 37', Guruzeta scores another--2-0. And it's 2-0 at the half. And at the final whistle.
Real Madrid is now 10 points ahead of Girona, and 11 points ahead of Barcelona, which plays tonight: is it done for the title?

Athletic Bilbao is now 4th, one point ahead of Atletico Madrid: will these two clubs battle for a Champions League qualification till the end of the season?

And tonight there is the big match, between Atletico Madrid and Barcelona! :!: