German Football 2023-24

Domestic league and cup football
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

mspm89 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 03:15 :grin1: Leverkusen to win Bundesliga and Europa League, and Kaiserslautern to win the Pokal and everybody happy!

Ok, not Burningstorm and the other 2 coefficient enthusiasts from Germany. :grin1:
No, I really would sign this version. European trophy > coefficient of next season 8) (even though it couldn't compete with the Eintracht emotions and their crazy EL win)
mspm89

Post by mspm89 »

Well, it's only a matter of time now. Very possibly next matchday.
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

Leverkusen will celebrate their 1st ever Bundesliga title at home vs Werder next Sunday!
angel_87

Post by angel_87 »

Heidenheim beats Bayern Munich 3-2, Bayern was ahead 0-2.... Leverkusen wins 0-1 and escapes to the title.
At the bottom, Koln was 0-1 down and with 2 goals in the last minutes they beat Bochum 2-1.
mspm89

Post by mspm89 »

It's too bad that they couldn't qualify for the CL and play for the "true" treble.

Though if it happens that they beat Liverpool as PL champions for the Europa League title, some will argue they are the "real" Champions of Europe. Unless Madrid wins the CL, they're never wrong, of course.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

One more for Kane.
mspm89 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 17:38 It's too bad that they couldn't qualify for the CL and play for the "true" treble.

Though if it happens that they beat Liverpool as PL champions for the Europa League title, some will argue they are the "real" Champions of Europe. Unless Madrid wins the CL, they're never wrong, of course.
Well if they did, they'd get a shot at the actual Champions of Europe. Would be the first time I know of that it would actually be a question in the Super Cup.

Also would be if Liverpool won the PL and EL.
ultra2013

Post by ultra2013 »

-Bayer Leverkusen needs 3 points in 6 games to be German champions.
-Now they need to do history by not losing any of the remaining games.
-But they can go even further, they can break the record of points from Bayern 2012-13 (91), by making 16 points in 6 games. 76 + 16 = 92.
-Bayern very weak defensively. Great opportunity for Arsenal to get revenge after several 5-1 defeats vs Bayern.
-Kane has scored 32 goals in 28 games, at this rate he should reach 39 goals by the end of the season.
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

mspm89 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 17:38 It's too bad that they couldn't qualify for the CL and play for the "true" treble.

Its not the first time you use "some" instead of "I".

Like it would be the first time the European champion doesn't win the national championship. Or that we would have great teams winning UEFA cup, when only champions could enter ECC.

I like having a strong Liverpool in EL, and a good Leverkusen (lets see if they can beat the Italians), and other good teams. If not EL would be another ECL
mspm89

Post by mspm89 »

rpo.castro wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 23:35

Its not the first time you use "some" instead of "I".

Like it would be the first time the European champion doesn't win the national championship. Or that we would have great teams winning UEFA cup, when only champions could enter ECC.

I like having a strong Liverpool in EL, and a good Leverkusen (lets see if they can beat the Italians), and other good teams. If not EL would be another ECL
I didn't use "I" because I wouldn't argue that. Though I admit it would be fun to see the Blanquitos annoyed by this debate IF they won the CL this year and the other conditions are met.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

You know, looking at the table, if Bayern hadn't signed Kane, I don't think they'd have even qualified for the CL next year. And crazily, the way they're going, it's not guaranteed they will even with him.

Can you imagine if you'd been told by someone before the start of this season that Kane would go to Bayern and have a Ballon D'or level season and still win nothing? (I know he could still win the CL.)
mspm89

Post by mspm89 »

Lorric wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 01:56 You know, looking at the table, if Bayern hadn't signed Kane, I don't think they'd have even qualified for the CL next year. And crazily, the way they're going, it's not guaranteed they will even with him.

Can you imagine if you'd been told by someone before the start of this season that Kane would go to Bayern and have a Ballon D'or level season and still win nothing? (I know he could still win the CL.)
I think quite a few were actually expecting the "Kane curse" to manifest itself. The surprise is how catastrophically it has done so, at least comparing Bayern's performance to Bayer's. Nobody expected Leverkusen to even be near this level, a bit like Ajax in 2018-19 (it still hurts that they didn't reach the final at least, though of course you probably are the only non-Tottenham fan in the world who must've been happy with that outcome).
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

mspm89 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 03:06
Lorric wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 01:56 You know, looking at the table, if Bayern hadn't signed Kane, I don't think they'd have even qualified for the CL next year. And crazily, the way they're going, it's not guaranteed they will even with him.

I think quite a few were actually expecting the "Kane curse" to manifest itself. The surprise is how catastrophically it has done so, at least comparing Bayern's performance to Bayer's. Nobody expected Leverkusen to even be near this level, a bit like Ajax in 2018-19 (it still hurts that they didn't reach the final at least, though of course you probably are the only non-Tottenham fan in the world who must've been happy with that outcome).
I think nobody expect Leverkusen from all the teams, due to their past history or never getting it. And if they didn't get Kane they would get another one and probably without the curse :wink:
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

Have to say it again, with Tuchel nothing is impossible in a negative way. Incredible to lose in Bochum and Heidenheim with such a superior team. Leverkusen probably "Deutscher Meister" after 29 matchdays, how unreal. Good for the Bundesliga, and Bayern will change a lot, coach, players...

Dortmund wasteful against Stuttgart, xG was in their favor. The previous win at Bayern more or less for nothing, Leipzig overtook them in the CL race. And the upcoming schedule speaks for Leipzig, BVB have to play Leverkusen (even though they are champ until then, but they want the record), but there is also the clash between them on MD 31 in Leipzig.

Eintracht on their way to their EL comeback, 6th place with an advantage of six points over Hoffenheim, Augsburg and Freiburg -> all with 36 points, they'll battle for the ECL spot. Freiburg could be the best choice here, better coefficient and did a decent job in their two recent seasons in the EL.

In the relegation zone, Bochum are in danger after the late defeat in Köln, they just sacked coach Thomas Letsch.
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Bayer Leverkusen on course to achieve feat no other football team in HISTORY has managed

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/soccer ... da9&ei=135
matt

Post by matt »

BurningStorm wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:17 Have to say it again, with Tuchel nothing is impossible in a negative way. Incredible to lose in Bochum and Heidenheim with such a superior team. Leverkusen probably "Deutscher Meister" after 29 matchdays, how unreal. Good for the Bundesliga, and Bayern will change a lot, coach, players...

Dortmund wasteful against Stuttgart, xG was in their favor. The previous win at Bayern more or less for nothing, Leipzig overtook them in the CL race. And the upcoming schedule speaks for Leipzig, BVB have to play Leverkusen (even though they are champ until then, but they want the record), but there is also the clash between them on MD 31 in Leipzig.

Eintracht on their way to their EL comeback, 6th place with an advantage of six points over Hoffenheim, Augsburg and Freiburg -> all with 36 points, they'll battle for the ECL spot. Freiburg could be the best choice here, better coefficient and did a decent job in their two recent seasons in the EL.

In the relegation zone, Bochum are in danger after the late defeat in Köln, they just sacked coach Thomas Letsch.
Meanwhile in Zweite the situation looks very good for St.Pauli and Kiel. Northern teams coming up?
International break hater