German Football 2023-24

Domestic league and cup football
ultra2013

German Football 2023-24

Post by ultra2013 »

Bundesliga 2023-24 fixtures were released. It's the 61st season. It begins with Bremen-Bayern on 18 August.
Bayern is the record holder with 32 titles, followed by Dortmund and Gladbach with 5 titles each.
Bundesliga: https://media.dfl.de/sites/3/2023/06/Bu ... refrei.pdf
Bundesliga 2: https://media.dfl.de/sites/3/2023/06/2. ... refrei.pdf

Key dates for the 2023-24 season at a glance:

Bundesliga 2, Matchday 1: 28–30 July 2023
Bundesliga, Matchday 1: 18–20 August 2023
Last matchday of Bundesliga 2 in 2023: 15–17 December 2023
Last matchday of the Bundesliga in 2023: 19–20 December 2023
First matchday of the Bundesliga in 2024: 12–14 January 2024
First matchday of Bundesliga 2 in 2024: 19–21 January 2024
Bundesliga, Matchday 34: 18 May 2024
Bundesliga 2, Matchday 34: 19 May 2024

Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2 Meisterschale:

Bundesliga MD1:
ultra2013

Post by ultra2013 »

One week earlier, the regular appetizer, German Supercup:

ultra2013

Post by ultra2013 »

Over 20m market value squad changes of the European teams as of 2 July. In (), the market value.

Bayern
IN: Laimer (28m), Guerreiro (20m), Sabitzer (20m)
OUT: Cancelo (50m)

Dortmund
IN: Bensebaini (20m)
OUT: Bellingham (120m), Guerreiro (20m)

Leipzig
IN: Baumgartner (24m), Sesko (24m), Seiwald (20m)
OUT: Szoboszlai (50m), Nkunku (80m), Laimer (28m)

Union Berlin
IN:
OUT:

Freiburg
IN:
OUT:

Leverkusen
IN: Grimaldo (25m)
OUT:

Frankfurt:
IN:
OUT: Ndicka (28m), Kamada (27m)

-Not important changes in Bayern, Union, Freiburg, and Leverkusen.
-Dortmund can count only one big loss in their squad. Haaland was not missed last season, maybe Bellingham will not either?
-Leipzig losing three key players and possibly Gvardiol could be dangerous, but at the same time those two Salzburg' players should adapt in no time so not worried about the plastic club of Red Bull.
-My worries are in Frankfurt. Manager and two key players gone. Maybe Kolo-Muani to Bayern. Frankfurt can be out in the UECL play-off.
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

ultra2013 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 00:49 -Dortmund can count only one big loss in their squad. Haaland was not missed last season, maybe Bellingham will not either?
-Leipzig losing three key players and possibly Gvardiol could be dangerous, but at the same time those two Salzburg' players should adapt in no time so not worried about the plastic club of Red Bull.
-My worries are in Frankfurt. Manager and two key players gone. Maybe Kolo-Muani to Bayern. Frankfurt can be out in the UECL play-off.
1) I really hope Dortmund can do something smart with the money. It seems like they want to replace Bellingham with an offensive midfielder and a defensive midfielder. Bellingham was more a less a guy for both things. As offensive midfielder it seems like they'll buy Felix Nmecha from Wolfsburg for 30m. BVB fans are skeptical, at least for such an amount of money. He is a good player with a good age (22), but they don't see him as an upcoming superstar like Haaland or Bellingham were when they signed them. As a defensive midfielder they were really interested in the Mexican player Alvarez from Ajax. But it looks like he is too expensive. They could pay it, but they think it's too much for him (35-40m). There are also rumours regarding a return of Sancho. Their wingers have been inconsistent in the past season, so it would make sense. Lets see, it's way too earlier to analyze their squad and transfers.

2) Yeah. Gvardiol is their best defender, Nkunku their best player overall, Szoboszlai was their best player - along with Olmo - when Nkunku was injured. And Laimer was important as a "ball hunter" in the central midfield. The new sporting director Eberl (ex Gladbach) couldn't do anything in the Nkunku and Szoboszlai cases, because they had a buyout clause. And he couldn't keep Laimer as his contract has ended. So on his position, I would keep at least Gvardiol for a season. However, it looks like they'll sell him and make him the most expensive CB ever. A lot of money for RBL to spend, lets see what they are doing with it. It could be a difficult season, even with possible top transfers incoming.

3) Well, the coach change is always a risk when you have to play the playoffs in Europe. That's true. As Ndicka replacement they have signed Pacho from Royal Antwerp, 21yo NT player from Ecuador. They want to sign another CB (Koch from Leeds is a rumour). I don't think they'll lose quality on this position. Kolo Muani could stay if Bayern really get Kane (the stubborn Levy should say yes, FFS) and PSG keep Mbappe, and if Real don't sign him. It's far from unlikely.

By the way: your "IN" for Eintracht is empty, but they signed Pacho from Antwerp, as I said earlier, and Swedish top talent Hugo Larsson, who should be a future key player for the Swedish NT. Both for 9m €. They are also looking for a Kamada replacement, and as I said, for another CB.

Freiburg's empty "IN" is also wrong, they signed Adamu from Salzburg.

It makes more sense to analyze things after the transfer window has closed. But I like your opening posts, even though you forgot the DFB-Pokal 1st round with some crackers like LOK Leipzig vs Eintracht. :wink: The infamous hool club from Leipzig against Eintracht's fans who have a deep ultra friendship with LOK's hate rival Chemie Leipzig.
ultra2013

Post by ultra2013 »

BurningStorm wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:25
ultra2013 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 00:49 ...
By the way: your "IN" for Eintracht is empty, but they signed Pacho from Antwerp, as I said earlier, and Swedish top talent Hugo Larsson, who should be a future key player for the Swedish NT. Both for 9m €. They are also looking for a Kamada replacement, and as I said, for another CB.

Freiburg's empty "IN" is also wrong, they signed Adamu from Salzburg.
Indeed, but I only include players above 20m in market value (that market value should be a sign they are ready to be functional in this season UCL and UEL). If a player with not so high market value make an impact in 2023 it will be an unexpected bonus.
For a complete list of transfers anyone surely can see https://www.transfermarkt.com/bundeslig ... 1&intern=0
ultra2013

Post by ultra2013 »

ultra2013 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 00:49 Over 20m market value squad changes of the European teams as of 2 July. In (), the market value.
A few more relevant transfers as of 20 July:

Bayern
IN: Min-jae Kim (60m), Laimer (28m), Guerreiro (20m), Sabitzer (20m)
OUT: Cancelo (50m), Hernandez (45m)

Dortmund
IN: Bensebaini (20m)
OUT: Bellingham (120m), Guerreiro (20m)

Leipzig
IN: Simons (40m), Openda (35m), Baumgartner (24m), Sesko (24m), Seiwald (20m)
OUT: Nkunku (80m), Szoboszlai (50m), Laimer (28m)

Union Berlin
IN: Aaaronson (25m)
OUT:

Freiburg
IN:
OUT:

Leverkusen
IN: Grimaldo (25m), Xhaka (25m)
OUT:

Frankfurt:
IN:
OUT: Ndicka (28m), Kamada (27m)

-Red Bull Leipzig turning around what looked a nightmarish transfer market.
-Dortmund signing Nmecha for 30m when his market value is only 15m, has been the worst deal of the Bundesliga so far.
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

Under 5 hours until the opener of the 2. Liga: HSV vs Schalke. We had the same opening game two years ago, but in Gelsenkirchen. Lets see if HSV can show a reaction after the horrible ending on MD34, when fans thought they are finally back. Or will Schalke show right from the start that they are #1 top favorite? Odds: HSV 2.45, x 3.60, Schalke 2.70.

Some transfers of famous players:

Max Kruse to Paderborn
Lars Stindl to Karlsruher SC (his hometown club, scored a pretty goal against Liverpool in a friendly)
Marcel Halstenberg to Hannover 96 (his hometown club)

Favorites for the promotion are of course Schalke, HSV, Hertha. But I predict at least one other club in the top 3.
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

The 2. Liga opener was an amazing, entertaining game. HSV won 5-3 after Schalke were leading 2-1 at HT. In the other top game, Hertha lost 0-1 in Düsseldorf. So, both relegated teams started with a defeat, away against strong opponents.
Jackson Harrison

Post by Jackson Harrison »

Who's watching DFL Supercup?

Leipzig score within 3 minutes!
Last edited by Jackson Harrison on Sat Aug 12, 2023 20:59, edited 1 time in total.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Jackson Harrison wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 20:48 Who's watching DCL Supercup?

There's a free Sky Sports stream on Youtube. Was going to check it out if Kane came in, but I think I'll do it now!
Jackson Harrison

Lorric wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 20:50
Jackson Harrison wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 20:48 Who's watching DFL Supercup?

There's a free Sky Sports stream on Youtube. Was going to check it out if Kane came in, but I think I'll do it now!
He's on bench. It's on Sky Sports fußball channel.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

It's weird to root for Bayern in a domestic game in Germany. The dream would be Kane comes off the bench and saves the day. :smile1:
Jackson Harrison

Lorric wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 21:01 It's weird to root for Bayern in a domestic game in Germany. The dream would be Kane comes off the bench and saves the day. :smile1:
I know let someone else have a chance! :)

How come Bayern are hosting? Isn't it normally Pokal winner that hosts?
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Jackson Harrison wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 21:03
Lorric wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 21:01 It's weird to root for Bayern in a domestic game in Germany. The dream would be Kane comes off the bench and saves the day. :smile1:

The match typically is played at the home of the cup holders, or the Bundesliga runners-up in the case a team wins the double, though this is not a rule, as the DFL ultimately decides on the venue.

Bayern are controlling the game and teeing off on the Red Bull goal now.
Jackson Harrison

Lorric wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 21:11
Jackson Harrison wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 21:03

The match typically is played at the home of the cup holders, or the Bundesliga runners-up in the case a team wins the double, though this is not a rule, as the DFL ultimately decides on the venue.

Bayern are controlling the game and teeing off on the Red Bull goal now.
Maybe because Leipzig hosted last year and it was also V Bayern.