2023-24 Champions League: 3rd qualifying round

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

Joost Christiaanse wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 23:18 Does somebody knows if Dinamo let Sutalo and Ivanusec fly to Holland to complete their transfers? Here there were a lot of talks about it. Dinamo didn t wanted to sell before the CL play-off. Now that there are out it probably changed?
Probably both of them will be transferred now after this elimination. Livakovic most likely as well.

End of an era for Dinamo.
betrayor

Post by betrayor »

nogomet wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 23:31
Joost Christiaanse wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 23:18 Does somebody knows if Dinamo let Sutalo and Ivanusec fly to Holland to complete their transfers? Here there were a lot of talks about it. Dinamo didn t wanted to sell before the CL play-off. Now that there are out it probably changed?
Probably both of them will be transferred now after this elimination. Livakovic most likely as well.

Yeah Livakovic today's performance alone should earn him a good transfer to big european league.
Greyn

Post by Greyn »

Wow. I forgot that AEK Athens - Dinamo Zagreb is played today...

I opened the main page of the forum about 40 minutes ago and there where so many registered users online that I realised something important happened not so long time ago.
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

nogomet wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 23:09 0 wins
7 draws
15 defeats

That is the record of the Croatian Big 4 - Dinamo, Hajduk, Rijeka and Osijek - against Greek clubs since Croatia became an independent country. And this is not the first time that the win was lost in the dying seconds against Greeks.

0 wins in 22 tries. You cannot make this stuff up.
That's an amazing record. Unbelievable.
Marin32

Post by Marin32 »

7 draws
15 defeats

That is the record of the Croatian Big 4 - Dinamo, Hajduk, Rijeka and Osijek - against Greek clubs since Croatia became an independent country. And this is not the first time that the win was lost in the dying seconds against Greeks.

Waiting for Dinamo to draw a Greek club in the groups, you know it's coming...
Greyn

Post by Greyn »

bugylibicska wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 00:10
7 draws
15 defeats

That's an amazing record. Unbelievable.
Indeed. Particularly if you look at this chart:

The chart starts from 1998 since the first European season with Croatian clubs under Croatian Football Association was 1993/94.
Last edited by Greyn on Sun Aug 20, 2023 00:28, edited 1 time in total.
Bulgarian

Post by Bulgarian »

https://youtu.be/xZuxXTSGynY 11 years later you know the feeling Dinamo :D
aekFC4everNEW

Post by aekFC4everNEW »

Huge congrats to AEK Athens :applause: . A very deserved qualification and nice to see them in either CL or EL groups.

An amazing European road for the Greek teams so far. After the disastrous season last year, it seems they can get a very high coefficient this season.
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

Bulgarian wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 00:24 https://youtu.be/xZuxXTSGynY 11 years later you know the feeling Dinamo :D
Yeah, Domagoj Vida has made a full circle. From being Dinamo's savior in 98th minute to Dinamo's destroyer in 100th minute.
seso

Post by seso »

Another great qualification! Antwerp, Braga, Čukarički and Hearts are next for the Greek clubs!
Polak

Post by Polak »

betrayor wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 23:10
anty1975 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 23:02
betrayor wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 22:58 I would have to rewatch it but its very close, and even it was annuled the penalty should be retaken since a dinamo players is in ge same distance as the scorer.
Yes if Dinamo player also entered the area earlier than penalty should have been retaken. But I saw only Vida from the replay... will rewatch later may be I missed something

here is the picture from when the penalty was taken.
I think both players are slightly inside so the correct decision would be to retake the penalty.
From that it actually looks like the Dinamo player was more in the penalty area than the AEK player.

Anyway, what a see-saw game. The Greeks really do like to go through dramatically don't they. Panathinaikos with a late penalty v Marseille, now AEK with a late penalty v Dinamo which was missed before the rebound was put in. A Greek tragedy for their opponents at the moment.
wawrinka1

Post by wawrinka1 »

U are always so pesimistic about Dinamo but somehow they always manage to survive and even make some suprising results in past few years :grin1:
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

wawrinka1 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 18:13 U are always so pesimistic about Dinamo but somehow they always manage to survive and even make some suprising results in past few years :grin1:
End of an era doesn't mean they will do badly but marks the end of the golden generation, one of the best in the club's history that made Dinamo rise to the 29th place in Europe and was the integral part of the national team that won WC silver, WC bronze and Nations League final within a 5 year period. Those players are leaving now or have already left, and a new era begins. How successful it will be, we'll see. I was pessimistic about Dinamo when Mamic was there, but I believe you won't find a single pessimistic post from me about Dinamo since 2020. I believe Dinamo can do well in EL/ECL this season if they are smart and spend some of that transfer revenue to bing more quality by the end of the transfer window.
Greyn

Post by Greyn »

nogomet wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 18:24
wawrinka1 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 18:13 U are always so pesimistic about Dinamo but somehow they always manage to survive and even make some suprising results in past few years :grin1:
End of an era doesn't mean they will do badly but marks the end of the golden generation, one of the best in the club's history that made Dinamo rise to the 29th place in Europe and was the integral part of the national team that won WC silver, WC bronze and Nations League final within a 5 year period. Those players are leaving now or have already left, and a new era begins. How successful it will be, we'll see. I was pessimistic about Dinamo when Mamic was there, but I believe you won't find a single pessimistic post from me about Dinamo since 2020. I believe Dinamo can do well in EL/ECL this season if they are smart and spend some of that transfer revenue to bing more quality by the end of the transfer window.
I don't know if you were aware of that, but Dinamo Zagreb was even ranked #5 in the UEFA Team Ranking 1965:
https://kassiesa.net/uefa/data/method1/trank1965.html

BTW: Legia was ranked #7 in the UEFA Team Ranking 1973:
https://kassiesa.net/uefa/data/method1/trank1973.html
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

wawrinka1 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 18:13

U are always so pesimistic about Dinamo but somehow they always manage to survive and even make some suprising results in past few years :grin1:
Well, this is the era he means probably. Before these "few years" with the surprising results (from 2018-19 until now) Dinamo had (between 2010 and 2018):

4 CL GS participations with an overall record of 1-1-22 and 4/4 4th places
4 EL GS participations with 4/4 eliminations
1 ELPO elimination

In the last 5 years though, Dinamo made it 3/3 times out of the EL Group reaching 1 QF, 1 R16 and 1 KO round. In the CL they still didn't manage to avoid 4th place both times (meaning they are actually 6/6 4th places in this century and 7/7 if we count the 1999-2000 season) but they were significantlly better than they used to in results and performance.